• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
wahaha

aqHdexw.png

Jarmel

Banned
So, anybody know what Yasuhiro Takemoto has been up to? He hasn't done anything since Hyouka and he's been pretty quiet. Any tweets or something?

jgminto

Yami Hat, Erotic Broccoli, Eating Out, and Cave People 5

FUCKING PREHISTORIC BITCHES, I know we can travel from place to place, but it feels so... jarring with these transitions, wait why can one of the cave people talk, I guess we can expect some good voca---

LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF! MY NAME IS QUILE!

LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF! MY NAME IS QUILE!LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF! MY NAME IS QUILE!LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF! MY NAME IS QUILE!LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF! MY NAME IS QUILE!LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF! MY NAME IS QUILE!LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF! MY NAME IS QUILE!LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF! MY NAME IS QUILE!

Wait sacrifices to the god and letting them eat y---

OH GOD MY NAME IS QUILE OH GOD MY NAME IS QUILE OH GOD MY NAME IS QUILE OH GOD MY NAME IS QUILE OH GOD MY NAME IS QUILE

OH GOD ITS AN ANIME ASS TIGER! HOLY FUCK THOSE EYES WHEN DID IT GET ANIME IN HERE OH GOD MY NAME IS QUILE OH GOD MY NAME IS QUILE OH GOD MY NAME IS QUILE OH GOD MY NAME IS QUILE

I think that sums up this episode nicely, fuck my sanity

I tried to warn you, you foolish bastard.

Soma

I have to admit I really enjoyed the first few episodes of SAO, (that boss fight in episode 2, for example, was pretty hype) but after episode 3 it just kinda meandered between mediocre and bad until that hilariously stupid ending of the first half in episode 14 where I called it quits. Never looked back since then and I find it amusing that people say it gets worse after that.

Jarmel

Banned
I have to admit I really enjoyed the first few episodes of SAO, (that boss fight in episode 2, for example, was pretty hype) but after episode 3 it just kinda meandered between mediocre and bad until that hilariously stupid ending of the first half in episode 14 where I called it quits. Never looked back since then and I find it amusing that people say it gets worse after that.

Imagine rock bottom.

Not deep enough.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It goes downhill with episode 2. Or at least I recall that being the moment I really started questioning the logic in this show. Or was it 3. But that has the suicides which also makes it one of the few "good" episodes.

Hopefully the dubbers redeem themselves and took my idea of making the Rudolf the Red Noses Reindeer song at the end of Ep.3 a swinging jazz rendition.

Just to clarify by logic I mean the decisions made by the characters rather than the whole microwave brain thing that managed to get past all the consumer electrical safety tests.

Yes. There's a difference in degree between the kind of dumb show that SAO was in the first arc and what it became at episode 15.
Why is 15 considered the tipping point. By this episode we already had
Hero forgives mass murderer
Hero manages to hack game in seconds
The death of keys-kun
A load of other inane bollocks that I'd rather not waste brain cells trying to recollect.

The death of keys-kun
A load of other inane bollocks that I'd rather not waste brain cells trying to recollect.

I think you could put the tipping put earlier, but that stuff was mostly just awful plot devices or stuff that made me roll my eyes, 15 is where it become rage-inducingly bad for me.

Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho - 01

It's too good...I wan't a remake of the 3 first seasons with this quality, everything is so beautiful. thoraxesavatar.jpg
Why is it only 13 episodes, there should be more...this episode made me
want an adaptation of the LNs. Dat highschool Doremi, dat highschool Aiko, dat highschool Hazuki
. :bow Umakoshi :bow
If only the first episode let me feeling like this I fear how I'll feel when I end Na-i-sho. Perfect! Perfect! So good!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sorry, but
forgiving a mass murderer
is pretty much the lowest point the show hits.

The worst part is
that Kirito does it twice!

wonzo

Banned
People in the Toonami thread claiming SAO has good action. :( This is why we can't have nice things.
Well, the first episode had that one neat perspective panning shot and the boss fight in ep 2 was p. decent so that's okay for n…

Show hasn't started yet. These are from people who've seen most, if not all the episodes. They should know better.
oh. :(

Body pillow of Valmet from Jormungand. Copious amounts of abs contained within.
best daki

fertygo

00 Gundam S2 (Rewatch) - 07
I just realize Colonel Smirnov is totally cool guy.. Allowing Allelujah to have his sex, cute eps.

Wait are you that Moonsomething guy? you change your nick? that avy's familiar.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What happened in episode one again?

We're introduced to Kirito and SAO. He meets Klein. They kill a rabbit. Cloaked figure tells them that BBC online is reporting that this game will kill you. Kirito walks off while Klein tells him he has a nice looking arse.

The pizza goes uneaten... ;__;

Sailor Moon Rough 62

HEY ITS ONE OF THOSE ONE OF THE MEMBERS IS GOING SOMEWHERE ELSE PLOTLINE
that amounts to nothing because we need everyone.

Chibiusa is still plotting about and.... okay, I'm not sure how long it takes to get to the point where people think Chibiusa is the worst thing, because Mamoru is like a big roadblock right now, being an asshole in the name of love. It means less Usagi antics :(.
Besides, Chibiusa just showed Ami that Friendship is Magic man.... I could've sworn she was a bit taller than this though.

fertygo

The death of keys-kun

As mecha fan
mass murderer
thing not bothering me.

Like I said many times before, Sexual harassment that tied to the plot is the worst offense that SAO does, its fucking tasteless and juvenile.. looking to spoiler, the writer dude just keep dropping them smh

Theonik

K-On!! Special 1
Why did they have to go back and have Yui have the ugly haircut?
These take place before the end of the series remember? If anything it shows their dedication to consistency.

I want the second one to be C.C and her pizzabutt.
*nods*

Revolutionary Girl Utena: 02

Why does every girl in that school love Utena?
Because she's suteki~!

Wow, Gainax actually bothered to edit the Stella OP. It feels kinda hype now.
They also edited the ED last week. The second ED is a LOT better. They deserve mad props.

In the west, and, more importantly, on GAF.
Well it got a 4kids dub.
That's the answer for you as to it actually baing popular enough in the west. And why no-one talks of it now. Who knows maybe Rightstuff might be convinced to re-do it eventually based on the original.

bu...bu...why would that matter if it was consistently profitable? For a company that creates properties with the sole intent of milking the shit out of them, Toei can be incredibly capricious. It's just like when they ejected Nagisa and Honoka at the height of their popularity.
Toei gonna Toei. But I suppose their concern is that their audience will have grown up and tired of it so they thought they might as well as start a new franchise. PreCure is an evolution of their merchandising formula as it's in theory timeless. (they aren't bound to a set of characters or continuity and can just keep pushing plastic shit at will)

Yami Hat, Erotic Broccoli, Eating Out, and Cave People 5
HEY DID I TELL YOU? MY NAME IS QUILLE!

I tried to warn you, you foolish bastard.
Everyone needs to experience pancakes first hand.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
As mecha fan
mass murderer
thing not bothering me.
It doesn't bother you that
for the whole show Kirito is cursing this guy's name and talking about how he will give him a piece of his mind but when he finally meets him he's like "Eh, I get ya man, it's cool"?

I'd been wondering why you were so psyched tonight.

Well now I feel stupid. Oh well, in the meantime
  • The Wolverine
Was pretty cool, but Japan didn't feel Japan enough
but what do I know, all of my knowledge comes from anime lol
Also, I saw one animu poster in a scene. They know how to catch my attention, hnng

Not enough action. I needed more sword fighting.
QkXK8yU.png

fertygo

It doesn't bother you that
for the whole show Kirito is cursing this guy's name and talking about how he will give him a piece of his mind but when he finally meets him he's like "Eh, I get ya man, it's cool"?

Its contrived as fuck, but I just think it as "lolanime" thing.. just a shitty plot.

Sexual harassment though, its a scum thing and shouldn't be tolerated if a guy writing it to sell his wankery stuff.

Free! 4

My god, this entire episode was just so utterly shameless fanservice. And I loved every minute of it... And now I realize Free is the only one I've kept up with. I need to get back into watching stuff. Been ignoring my backlog AND the weeklies.

cajunator

Banned
That's the plan for tomorrow, actually.

Well, I'll certainly never bother having any interaction with the greater internet Sailor Moon fandom outside of this thread, so to them I say whatevs.

I watched the final episodes of Sailor Stars just to see how Sailor Moon ends. Its quite something! This was actually before I even finished season 1. So pretty much I know where everything goes. Guess thats cheating heehee.

I just finished End of Evangelion. I'm all paralyzed and shit. It was really good. Really disturbing imagery at parts. Still wish the characters weren't 14 because it's kind of weird.

I'd probably give the series an 8/10. I strongly disliked the first half. I don't know what to think about the movie yet. Maybe a 9/10.

This was Anno's way of saying "so you didnt think I ended it right? Well here's your fucking ending!!"

cnet128

Banned
Nah, that'd be Coco and Nuts, and be thankful that you'll never know why.

Because they're the perfect ploy to get DTL to watch Precure?

9pYVDlV.jpg

I dare DTL to keep up his party line of "I CAN'T POSSIBLY IDENTIFY WITH FEMALE CHARACTERS" when Nozomi is all swooning over Coco in that hot-air balloon, because I'm pretty sure DTL could identify with that from the bottom of his heart.

They also edited the ED last week. The second ED is a LOT better. They deserve mad props.

But...but...the new ED still has
long-hair Yura
!

Short hair Yura is great, but I still love long-hair Yura too, so this actually makes me happy.

wonzo

Banned
C3-bu 3

This wasn't as bad as episode 2 was as far as the action bits were concerned, there was some nice cuts of animation and I didn't really mind the the ridiculous matrix-esque bits as much as I did the first time. The real issue I had with this episode however, was the sheer shittyness of Sono and her former ally (?) and the way they treated
Yura after freaking out.
I mean, come the fuck on.

C3-bu 4

c3bu4.jpg

Now this was straight up weird and wasn't at all what I would've expected from this series in the first place. I do wonder if this
literally history changing "power"
will make a re-appearance sometime later on.

The changes made to the OP & ED are most definitely for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom