• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
animesos is busy lately.

tumblr_m4ypbfz1GF1r3gw1lo1_400.png

The sad thing is, I used to know people like the first one...

zeroshiki

Its Deathscythe in Japanese though. Toonami fucked up the name of that really badly.

It's not like there aren't three or four or more of these sorts of LN adaptations in just about every season.

This is true but sometimes you get gems like Hataraku Maou and none of these sound like its gonna be that.

jgminto

OH! I just found out that ABC Kids actually started airing Madoka for real. They aired the first ep a while ago but I got impatient. I should watch it with my siblings.

Articalys

The short WonFes event for Yamakan's new anime idol project Wake Up, Girls! apparently revealed that it's planned as both a TV series next year and a movie.

zeroshiki

I think Duo refers to himself as a god of death a few times. Couple episode titles like that too but no one wants to see an image of Duo.

Oh, I don't doubt Duo probably did refer to himself as a shinigami. I was more making a comment of how awful a "Gundam God of Death" is name-wise.

Tenumi

Banned
OH! I just found out that ABC Kids actually started airing Madoka for real. They aired the first ep a while ago but I got impatient. I should watch it with my siblings.

Australia, correct? I heard about that earlier.

I would love to see Madoka on US TV somehow someday....
Hint, Hint Toonami!

Soma

Gatchaman Crowds Episode 03

Utsu-tsu looks pretty cute when she's actually wearing clothes for once. She really needs more scenes.

Overall, a pretty ugly episode for the most part though I remember tsuritama having its share of QUALITY at times too. It's a shame it looked so bad in areas because I enjoyed this episode quite a bit despite all that. The second half was really fun as it segued into a more serious atmosphere with different situations happening simultaneously. Next episode looks to be an exciting one. Also, the soundtrack is really impressing me. There was a specific song playing as things were happening near the end that sounded really nice. Definitely gotta check out the OST when it gets released.

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi - 02

This episode had a very good set of events leading to more answer to the overall "unique" setting this anime is following... and i like that .. It also show that this isn't a black & white situation and that everything out there is in a grey area.

When i look at the first 2 episodes this anime feel like adventure even if they use a dark theme. I'm not convinced to watch this anime untill the end , now

Yeah, Ai seems a little too high spirited for everything that's going on, at least in the first two episodes.

zeroshiki

I'm just saying, cutting out LN adaptations would cut out a good amount of the worst crap in anime/manga/Japan.

Remember the rash of eroge adaptations from 5 years ago? LN adaptations stamped that scourge out. Removing LNs would just move us back to eroge or whatever the lowest common denominator for entertainment would become.

It's getting announced at Otakon.

Cool.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Remember the rash of eroge adaptations from 5 years ago? LN adaptations stamped that scourge out. Removing LNs would just move us back to eroge or whatever the lowest common denominator for entertainment would become.

Mobage adaptations. God help us all if that ever comes to pass.

I just want to expel all the trash from society so it can be a better place for the rest of us. Is that too much to ask?!

Mobage adaptations. God help us all if that ever comes to pass.

Sengoku Collection was an adaptation of a Mobage game. Also, Driland is an adaptation of a GREE game. Well, "adaptation" in a loose sense here.

LordCanti

Genshiken Nidaime 04:

I feel like there's an arc somewhere that I missed, because characters tend to pop in that I've never seen or heard of before and they aren't really introduced at all.

At least comifes was sort of interesting. They're still over reliant on Hato-kun's crossdressing to build any sort of drama (Which restroom will he useeeee?!) but it wasn't quite as heavy handed this time around.

Sue's the best. She deserves Ogiue's panties.

fertygo

LN became popular medium for adaptation material because its bring easy profit (if the anime not became hit, its became effective ad for the print)

And I think another reason of it because its so easy to make project out of it (they can easily stretch 1-3 book for 13 episode anime)

Its much less problem to making structure of adaptation than manga that maybe gonna stop at weird point or long eroge and hell maybe even the actual novel.. LN's just very simple to make 13-2x episode of it, ho hassle, easy profit.

CorvoSol

No one is as handsome as Treize.

Well I mean if I was the damn King of the World and I dressed as well as him and had as much money and power as him you better believe I'd look good.

The man has hilarious eyebrows and nobody cares because those eyebrows have more political power than like, half the UN.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
But to answer your question, I imagine that everything would be wonderful, right? Sure it would. Every day would be like Sunday, school would be like an amusement park. I'd just throw all of that annoying homework in the trash.
Indeed, my good sir. Indeed.

Narag

Well I mean if I was the damn King of the World and I dressed as well as him and had as much money and power as him you better believe I'd look good.

The man has hilarious eyebrows and nobody cares because those eyebrows have more political power than like, half the UN.

The Khushrenada eyebrow is majestic.

zeroshiki

It's gonna take more than one okay show to make me mourn the hypothetical death of the light novel. The only thing in its favor for me is that LN adaptations are probably squeezing out worse crap.

This.

At first LNs were a breath of fresh air against all the eroge shit. We got FMP, Haruhi, Spice and Wolf and all that good stuff. Then the industry caught on.

If they get tired of squeezing the LNs, they'll go back to eroge or shitty manga. They're not gonna be adapting legit novels for no other reason than there being not that many legit adaptable novels in the first place.

I went to sleep and stayed away from the thread until I watched everything, sorry for the late answers.

Ah, nevermind. Made a reply before reading the spoiler tag, which ended up completely changing how the post reads. While there is stuff you should know about him it doesn't apply in this context.

Meanwhile, turns out that a certain song actually does go from A to Z in the full version.

I think I'll never get to the point of staff whoring, but it's nice to know a little bit more about some people, since I decided to watch Doremi after I looked at things Umakoshi worked on ( I was thinking of watching Goldfish Warning), after I finished HeartCatch. Looking up again on MAL,
he's the Animation Director of episode 40 of Dokkan...looking foward to it
. lol
How much is he involved in Mushishi?

lol, that's nice, I need to find the translation somewhere.

Did you watch Ouran High School Host Club?

Yes, I did.
Since I'm talking to you, I would watch this again in japanese, even without subs. Ramon-sensei. lol

We should have a contest to see who can draw the most hideously LN-esque genderswapped Ryouga for his light novel cover.

I did it already, 8 months ago. leaving out the genderswap part.

And what do I do after I'm out of those? This special kind of happiness is a finite resource.

I'm debating how to prolong 13 episodes of Naisho, I already don't want it to end.

fertygo

This.

At first LNs were a breath of fresh air against all the eroge shit. We got FMP, Haruhi, Spice and Wolf and all that good stuff. Then the industry caught on.

If they get tired of squeezing the LNs, they'll go back to eroge or shitty manga. They're not gonna be adapting legit novels for no other reason than there being not that many legit adaptable novels in the first place.

Eroge/VN are in brink of dead atm.. I don't think you should worried we back to that phase again.

Manga adaptation became hit again recently though.

This.

What do you mean there aren't that many adaptable novels?

I mean, business practicality is one thing, and I understand that, but there's nothing inherent in the medium that prevents animation from adapting just about any novel out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom