• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Wonfes stuff being posted @ figure thread for those interested.

OiUIxqW.jpg

Are the buildings for sale too? Id only expect them to have one model.

cajunator

Banned
Nah nah, that's enough for me tonight. I'm able to pause on a cliffhanger. I don't usually watch seven episodes in one day, so that in and of itself says a lot about how I feel about this show.

I marathoned the whole damned thing and it was soooooo worth it. fuck sleep.

Mamoru being a douchebag might as well propel me to do a lot more Sailor Moon R to get over his douchebaggery, guess I'll just watch one episode of Yamihat tonight (so that way I can end on an even 13 two days after tonight).

Soma

Silver Spoon Episode 03

As cheap as some of these scenes are, I'm pleased to see that this show retains that feel good vibe from the manga. The show seems to fare better when it's not focused on comedy and highlights the themes that Arakawa is attempting to convey in the setting and in Hachiken's slow but subtle growth. It's also never a bad thing to learn a thing or two from these agricultural lessons.

El Sloth

Banned
Plastic Nee-San 1-12

My life is richer for having watched this. A show made to be giffed over and over again for sure.

Okappa > Shingeki no Kyojin

Went to J-Pop Summit today in Japantown and got a bunch of awesome stuff.

I also missed out on seeing Kylee perform since I was eating lunch so I guess this is the second time this year I missed out on seeing her. ~_~

Attack on Titan Episode 16 – What Should Be Done - Night Before the Counteroffensive (3)
BQOaTQxCEAAigEQ.png

Feels like a huge improvement over the last arc already. Though maybe the writer and such is better at building up good starts to arcs. If thats the case, I hope the whole thing through is on this same level and wholly worthwhile. Perhaps its my bias speaking but this episode was really amazing, tons of Jean
scene of him constantly thinking of Eren even and finally willing to put faith and trust in him both personally and publicly
, and then a few minor things of non importance
the way the blue scene was done to get their decision handled, was nice, though minor
. Stay focus and it will be good.

survivor

Banned

I also missed out on seeing Kylee perform since I was eating lunch so I guess this is the second time this year I missed out on seeing her. ~_~

What's the name of the thing in the last picture? It has a good cover.

Articalys

Man, it sucks I'm not going to be in the Bay Area anymore by the time Japan Expo USA happens.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
SS
LnE53Gwl.jpg

You know, I think it's the first time I've seen this particular eye expression. Is he supposed to be raising an eyebrow?

Genshiken
Speaking of eyes, for Mad Pierrot:
raVZwGQl.jpg

I totally forgot that they made the Cross Days reference in the mango:
jthlXuIl.jpg

This is probably as close to a Cross Days anime that I'll ever get. lol

At Comiket/Fes/whatever, we get another example of robot walking. Although I imagine in the old series, it would have just been a still. I'm not quite sure what is the better technique though... well, short of drawing every single human being in that shot I suppose.

Also, everyone's favorite motto, because... nerds gotta nerd:
TZYa219l.jpg

This is when the show treads very close to The Big Bang Theory territory. :(

What I forgot was that this essentially marks the end of the Ogiue character arc. I had forgotten all about her back story and why she ended up being a crazy suicidal fujyoshi in the first place, so it was a nice reminder to see how far she has come since jumping out of a window all those years ago. Bitches still be bitches though. lol

---

Monogatari
So many head tilts. Best show is still best, and so forth.

And hey, Arararararararagi
actually has a family. lol
---

Oh yeah, Cream Mami box set one passed its goal, so at least that set is going to be made. 220 people funded it for almost $22,000. Not quite a smashing success, and I can't imagine the other shows making it, but I suppose they can come away without saying that it's a failure either. It's just a matter of how they're going to worry about the second set... I guess they need to hope the same 220 people stay on board.

Defuser

Love lab episode 4

The show is beginning to fall flat on it's face the moment new characters other than riko and maki making an appearance.

cajunator

Banned
SS
LnE53Gwl.jpg

You know, I think it's the first time I've seen this particular eye expression. Is he supposed to be raising an eyebrow?

What the fuck is that? Terrible art quality.

I got the sega penguindrum penguins.

This set:
goods_6675_1.JPG

Yami Hat, Yuri, Yuri, and Yuri 7

So I started the next episode of Sailor Moon Rough for a bit, but then I just changed to this.

lol Seiren, created then ignored

See, this episode is something I was actually expecting from this series to begin with. Yuri overload, masturbating to the one you love, just a shit ton of :SDburton. Letters were kind of odd but it's like, lets continue like this for now and then truly be DTF later on or something.

However, it also shows us that it's suffering since Hazuki lived in the same place as Hasumi, so it gave us that angle to. Truly an episode of kings here.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 16: Really strong epsiode, really strong mini arc, honestly, I wish I had the faith in Studio Wit to keep up this level of quality, but it looks like we are returning to action soon and I still remember how shitty Trost turned out to be. Anyway, it was nice to see this not be the Eren, Armin and Mikasa show for once. Still, expectations were defied as not all of the core group makes the expected choice, that is a might suspicious.

Soma

Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 04
Yup, definite improvement in the OP.

I'll echo a lot of other statements here that this episode was weird and not something I would expect from a show revolving around airsoft mock-battles. The whole delusional thing has been a bit of a staple of Yura's since the first episode but
actually changing history? Now that's just silly.
I hope the show doesn't completely gloss over that and never touch upon that again since that could go in a very interesting direction.

Considering Rento kinda just unknowingly waltzed into that entire scene and seemed pretty aware of what was going on, I would think more is to come from that.

cajunator

Banned
Yami Hat, Yuri, Yuri, and Yuri 7

So I started the next episode of Sailor Moon Rough for a bit, but then I just changed to this.

lol Seiren, created then ignored

See, this episode is something I was actually expecting from this series to begin with. Yuri overload, masturbating to the one you love, just a shit ton of :SDburton. Letters were kind of odd but it's like, lets continue like this for now and then truly be DTF later on or something.

However, it also shows us that it's suffering since Hazuki lived in the same place as Hasumi, so it gave us that angle to. Truly an episode of kings here.

I love the explanation for Seiren. Sums up the whole show really.

Among other things, yeah.

to a bigger city or smaller?

So, tonight's the night SAO's dub premieres on Toonami. Well, in about 2 1/2 hours. I probably should finish catching up on my weeklies in the meantime.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 53

I'd like this Clow reincarnation more if I understood just what the hell his motivation was. I only have my own guess right now that he's getting her to transition all of the Clow Cards into Sakura Cards, but even that has holes and I'm not really sure at all.

I'm not quite enjoying this arc as much as previous eps. I will finish it, but I"m still kinda thinking ending it after 47 may have been the best course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom