• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

At work on a Sunday~~~

Not sure if this has been posted (sorry Arti) but MF Bunko has announced 5(!!) anime adaptations of its LN shit. (Btw, fuck you LN authors for using kanji but having romaji titles. I had to lookup title readings from wiki because of this)

Seikoku no Dragoneer
51YnoVUZ0lL.jpg

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

No Game No Life

Mahou Sensou

Madan no Ou to Vanadees

No, I don't know what any of these are. No, I didn't bother to look them up.

image.php

Shittenou in it are the best thing ever.

petulant Jadeite
incompetent Nephrite
FABULOUS Zoisite
and based Pimprite

Implying Zoisite isn't ever fab.

Anyway, looked up episode titles for upcoming DokiDoki Precure episodes 28-30

Summer Holidays with Aguri

Mana
potentially getting yet another fucking power buff (like she fucking needs one)

And
Final Trial

At work on a Sunday~~~

Not sure if this has been posted (sorry Arti) but MF Bunko has announced 5(!!) anime adaptations of its LN shit. (Btw, fuck you LN authors for using kanji but having romaji titles. I had to lookup title readings from wiki because of this)

Seikoku no Dragoneer

No Game No Life

Mahou Sensou

Madan no Ou to Vanadees

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance is mostly all fantranslated. read like a volume. It's typical magic battle royale of only girls but protag is a dude, and he has a familiar thats a sword, but can transform into a naked loli.

So anime.

Uh, anyway, here's the brief synopsis for each of the light novel now getting an anime series:

Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi
Ansarivan Dragon Riding Academy is for boys and girls who had made contracts with dragons. Ash Blake had a Seikoku on his hand, a proof of being a contractor, but he didn't have any dragons for his partner. One day, a dragon within him wakes up from a certain incident. However, the dragon that appeared was different from other dragons. It wasn't in a form of a dragon but had a form of a girl!?
"You are not my master; I'm the one who is your master," she says.

Only a pure maiden can have the privilege to contract with a spirit. In here, Areishia Spirit Academy, trained maidens of noble families are gathered and given an elite's education to become elementalists. A boy, Kamito, peeped by accident at a girl, Claire, while she was taking a bath and he ended up making a contract with the spirit she wanted. Yes, Kamito is an irregular male elementalist whose existence was thought impossible until now. "You stole...my spirit...you have to take responsibility for it!" "Huh?" "You have to become my contracted spirit!" Where will Kamito's destiny lead to?

No Game No Life
There was an urban legend that there was a legendary, undefeated gamer called [ ], but in reality he was just a NEET brother and sister called &#31354; (Sora) and &#30333; (Shiro). These hikikomori siblings who both refer to the real world as a worthless "Kuso Game" are one day summoned to a different world by a boy calling himself "God". In this world, war is prohibited by God and everything is instead decided by a game...that's right, even country borders. Can the two NEET brother and sister save the last of the human race <Imanity>, which only has one city left?

Mahou Sensou
Nanase Takeshi is a normal high-school student with a slightly traumatic past. You could say he's hard-working but in reality, he really cares about what others think about him. For some reason, he is going out with his childhood friend, Isoshima Kurumi, but otherwise, he's a pretty normal guy. One day, however, he sees a girl wearing a uniform he had never seen before, who had collapsed on his school grounds. She is Aiba Mui and her appearance marks the beginning to a series of weird incidents. She once said, "to be honest, I'm a magic user and sorry......I turned you into one too."

Madan no Ou to Vanadis
In times of war, set in Western Europe, Eleonora Viltaria, one of the seven Vanadis of Zhcted, leads the war into Briune. There are actually seven Vanadis, named like this because they each received a powerful weapon from the dragon, to reign over 7 territories, each possessing their own. The power of the Vanadis causes dread and fear toward their enemies. An Earl in the service of the country of Briune, a young archer called Tigre, got a taste of it after he was defeated on the battlefield by Ellen (Eleonora). However, Ellen decided to spare his life after seeing his skills. In exchange, he is asked to serve Ellen...

Only No Game No Life sounds halfwhat interesting terrible.

At work on a Sunday~~~

All these LN covers look completely interchangeable with just about every other LN out there. How do they get people to buy any of this stuff? It's all bad art of bad designs of young females.

I think the single best thing that could happen to the Japanese entertainment industry right now is for the LN industry to disappear.

cajunator

Banned
Did you finish PGSM?

Such a pro transformation.

Man this show was something else. The budget cutting is legendary.

I don't have to watch that PGSM thing do I? Got an upskirt from that video though.

Yes, you do. Do not shirk your responsibilities!

At work on a Sunday~~~

Seikoku no Dragoneer

No Game No Life

Mahou Sensou

Madan no Ou to Vanadees

Im interested in three of them.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Shittenou in it are the best thing ever.

petulant Jadeite
incompetent Nephrite
FABULOUS Zoisite
and based Pimprite

No doubt that the antagonists are indescribably amazing. It's everything else that was ehhhhhhhhhhh for me.

Dresden

Man, we just recently talked about No Game No Life in the manga thread. It was the worst thing I'd read in months, if not years.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
At work on a Sunday~~~

nope, nope, nope, nope, and nope.

*pats on back*

You ok?

That endgame left me a fucking wreck, but better than I thought I'd be.

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi - 01

I'm left totally confused at what this anime tried to do.

One thing for sure , when you start an anime by showing the protagonist life destroyed and all her previous beliefs smashed on the ground, you have to wonder how they will go from there , especially with a end like that ...

I guess this means that i need to watch more to decide.

At work on a Sunday~~~

Seikoku no Dragoneer

No Game No Life

Mahou Sensou

Madan no Ou to Vanadees

Surprised people in this thread have negative feelings, I thought all girls schools in one of them was peoples thing here.

Regardless none for me, yet another day where I ask where is my Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei anime.

cajunator

Banned
8jb3udp.gif

edit:

8jb3udp.gif

8jb3udp.gif

edit2: I guess they're saving Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei for a rainy day or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtEwjilDAfE

Uh, anyway, here's the brief synopsis for each of the light novel now getting an anime series:

Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi

No Game No Life

Mahou Sensou

Madan no Ou to Vanadis

Only No Game No Life sounds halfwhat interesting terrible.

Thanks for the plot synopses.

nope, nope, nope, nope, and nope.

Dat gradient hair <3

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
And to top it off, that final shot into Moonlight Densetsu
OSHIMAI
DA YO

Anyway, you can see now that SM has escalated about as far as can be reasonable, tackling Chaos itself. Granted, it's not as far as the manga ending, but that doesn't even occur on Earth.

cajunator

Banned
Not when every LN is the same boilerplate fanservice harem schlock.

Sounds great!

OSHIMAI
DA YO

Anyway, you can see now that SM has escalated about as far as can be reasonable, tackling Chaos itself. Granted, it's not as far as the manga ending, but that doesn't even occur on Earth.

I wonder how much the series is diminished since I know the whole endgame of the final episodes (but not what lead up to it)

Jintor

Damnit Ryouga hurry up and write your 'I'm an english teacher in japan' LN series and sell bucketloads so we can get a halfway decent anime

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 54

Episodes about Sakura's mother always get me, and this was no different. That scene with her father and great-grandfather was something else. A lot of old resentments put to bed.

Narag

Damnit Ryouga hurry up and write your 'I'm an english teacher in japan' LN series and sell bucketloads so we can get a halfway decent anime

Everyone episode can end with him in front of his computer on gaf posting his thoughts about the events that transpired that day.

Step

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi - 01

I'm left totally confused at what this anime tried to do.

One thing for sure , when you start an anime by showing the protagonist life destroyed and all her previous beliefs smashed on the ground, you have to wonder how they will go from there , especially with a end like that ...

I guess this means that i need to watch more to decide.

When cnet128 told me that I should watch it because I like to watch lolis cry from sadness he certantly wasn't lying, that poor girl.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
OSHIMAI
DA YO

And Usagi's introduction from the beginning of the series. Things going full circle is my weakness.

Well, at the same time, now they have one unified force of evil that they can blame pretty much anything on, which in and of itself had nigh-infinite flexibility to take the nature of future antagonists in pretty much any direction. Artifically nerfing Usagi and then not bothering with further escalation for future antagonists would have totally been worth more show :(

(don't worry, I can admit that this was the most logical place to end the series from a narrative standpoint. I'm just bereaved atm)

The more I think, the more I want to do another detailed Precure overview. Although this one might actually slam Smile Precure a bit more than last time considering its flaws..

fertygo

I bet most of those LN show airing in winter and as usual make up a miserable line-up.

EDIT: and all of that after this godly Fall's season... sigh.

zeroshiki

Everyone episode can end with him in front of his computer on gaf posting his thoughts about the events that transpired that day.

ala Doogie Howser?!

This will make millions!

Btw, all those summaries read like garbage. Pair them up with the garbage covers and the garbage character design and the garbage art and its looking like a grim few seasons ahead.

Novid

Banned
All these LN covers look completely interchangeable with just about every other LN out there. How do they get people to buy any of this stuff? It's all bad art of bad designs of young females.

I think the single best thing that could happen to the Japanese entertainment industry right now is for the LN industry to disappear.

that wont happen for a long ass time. its censorship and the promotion of talent.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
We should have a contest to see who can draw the most hideously LN-esque genderswapped Ryouga for his light novel cover.

Satojun has one more thing to ask: "what would you do if you came upon a mysterious power? (what would you?)"

And what do I do after I'm out of those? This special kind of happiness is a finite resource.

But to answer your question, I imagine that everything would be wonderful, right? Sure it would. Every day would be like Sunday, school would be like an amusement park. I'd just throw all of that annoying homework in the trash.

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi - 02

This episode had a very good set of events leading to more answer to the overall "unique" setting this anime is following... and i like that .. It also show that this isn't a black & white situation and that everything out there is in a grey area.

Kamisama%20no%20Inai%20Nichiyoubi%20-%2002.jpg

It's 100% our fault she is in this situation.

When i look at the first 2 episodes this anime feel like adventure even if they use a dark theme. I'm not convinced to watch this anime untill the end , now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom