• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think SAB CA captured perfectly how stupid the very premise of the show is.

zlCfzREPYZMI-bdKpc

I'm not just talking about the premise, I'm talking about the actual execution and the way it's being written. The story telling of the first episode was amateur hour, it was pathetic. I mean I bitch about shows having bad writing, but this is on a whole other level. Structurally it's bad. It hit none of the notes that it went for and literally wasted half the episode on a scene we not only didn't need but that could have been done in less than half the time. The people who made it should be embarrassed.

cajunator

Banned
Recorder to Randoseru Mi 1-3

Hey, this is off to a rather decent start, the show looks significantly better than the first one thanks to the artstyle shift. I guess this isn't so bad aftera-

recordermi3.jpg

recordermi3a.jpg

recordermi3b.jpg

recordermi3c.jpg

…………………………

homerwhy.png

Well...Now youre on several lists Im sure.

But they look so cute! what could go wrong?

Gatchaman Crowds - 03

What happened to the animation?! ;_; Did Nakamura/Tatsunoko catch [C] disease again?

The disease was dormant the entire time, waiting to strike!

The girl from WataMote is a terrible person for owning Beats headphones.

:Geneijin

Shergal

Uchoten Kazoku 4
Wow. So good. Why is this so good?

The stakes felt well earned and rooted in the characters, so the build-up of the backstory paid off perfectly, but it never loses the quirky charm that makes it so appealing.

The management of colour is simply superb here, it goes a long way to creating an evocative atmosphere alongside the art direction.
Now, if I'm interpreting the final lines of the episode well, this might get really interesting. Show of the season.

Theonik

C3 Club 04
Wat. Did the show just go there? Holy shit.
New OP is good btw. ED2 is still better though. Thanks ANN for telling them how offensive gun crayons were!

fertygo

I'm not just talking about the premise, I'm talking about the actual execution and the way it's being written. The story telling of the first episode was amateur hour, it was pathetic. I mean I bitch about shows having bad writing, but this is on a whole other level. Structurally it's bad. It hit none of the notes that it went for and literally wasted half the episode on a scene we not only didn't need but that could have been done in less than half the time. The people who made it should be embarrassed.

To be fair its first episode, what the hell you rushing for.. you will see eps 2 more fast paced and does more harm

I wish the rest of show is like eps 1 with MMORPG hijinks and all that instead what we got.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
To be fair its first episode, what the hell you rushing for.. you will see eps 2 more fast paced and does more harm.

I'm not rushing, it's just that it was not well put together. I don't care if it's the first episode or the five hundredth, there's no excuse of wasting half the episode on a scene with no real importance to anything. Especially when you can do it in half the time. It's just bad writing.

fertygo

I'm not rushing, it's just that it was not well put together. I don't care if it's the first episode or the five hundredth, there's no excuse of wasting half the episode on a scene with no real importance to anything. Especially when you can do it in half the time. It's just bad writing.

Its explaining setting and all that, the real problem is the show actually abandon that..

Blood Lad - Episode 4

If the action in this show remains the way it is right now then this show is going to be really good. I didn't notice at first but Staz nonchalant lazy attitude can be very annoying. Also I think he's a little OP. Oh well though, I'll watch it for the action first and the story second I guess.

Also the wolf guy is awesome, and dat bunny suit :)

Attack on Titan - Episode 16

Talking, talking, talking, cinematic talking... talking, talking, talking.

I seriously wonder if I should just wait until this show goes to an action episode and only watch those episodes. Most of the past episodes have been boring and I can barely keep interested. The only reason i keep watching is because I feel like if I miss one episode I might miss out on something big. Turns out that hasn't been the case for a while. Hopefully next episode redeems this show for me.

At work on a Sunday~~~

Not sure if this has been posted (sorry Arti) but MF Bunko has announced 5(!!) anime adaptations of its LN shit. (Btw, fuck you LN authors for using kanji but having romaji titles. I had to lookup title readings from wiki because of this)

Seikoku no Dragoneer

Mahou Sensou

Madan no Ou to Vanadees

No, I don't know what any of these are. No, I didn't bother to look them up.

Recognize/Read only these three.

Actually looking forward to seeing Madan if its done well.

Jade Empire has my vote.

No chance of winning though.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 55

How did nobody notice that big ass sword that Shaoran was holding in the middle of the school library? And how did nobody notice Sakura flying out of the book, again, in the middle of the school library? People's is stupid.

What's with that smirk Eriol gives every time Sakura gets out of one of his situations? It annoys me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Its explaining setting and all that, the real problem is the show actually abandon that..

I had no problem with that, but did we really need the explanation of the game mechanics? The whole thing where he's talking to the guy who only lives through this one episode is overly long and could easily be condensed. I've got no problems with world building, I prefer it when they take the time to do it. What I have a problem with is blatant exposition that they couldn't even bother disguising as something else.

Cardcaptor Sakura 55

How did nobody notice that big ass sword that Shaoran was holding in the middle of the school library? And how did nobody notice Sakura flying out of the book, again, in the middle of the school library? People's is stupid.

What's with that smirk Eriol gives every time Sakura gets out of one of his situations? It annoys me.

Maybe it's because they got bounded to the Sailor Moon universe somehow.

Narag

I had no problem with that, but did we really need the explanation of the game mechanics? The whole thing where he's talking to the guy who only lives through this one episode is overly long and could easily be condensed. I've got no problems with world building, I prefer it when they take the time to do it. What I have a problem with is blatant exposition that they couldn't even bother disguising as something else.

Chekhov's game mechanics. If you're talking about Klein too, that's the foundation of a relationship that pays dividends throughout the series.

Kingdom s2 - 7
tumblr_mqnp5ja0rA1qbxqfpo1_500.png

It really needed to be extended over two episodes? I hope we get to the present day soon as although it is alright was a bit too much on the dark side. Oh well, at least the eyes was kind of interesting in a way.

Defuser

Sunday without God ep 4
Wow, a literally half man half woman, does that mean the guy's dick is in half too? Or can they self reproduce?

Seeing a city of a million undead is kinda of amazing but scary at the same time.

cajunator

Banned
Cardcaptor Sakura 55

Nobody even seems to notice when a group of magical girls are fighting monsters. Sometimes its in an alternate dimension unnoticed. Sometimes I just think people in those cities have seen it all so its no big deal. "Over there honey. A bunch of witches fighting a tentacle monster" "Oh thats nice dear. Can you go pick up my dress at the cleaners?"

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 56

Little guy wasn't just drunk, Eriol. Dude straight up needed a sweet fix. Why would you make him that way? That's just mean.

Kero's not very smart, is he?

Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 4 – An Old Love Story
tumblr_mqnqz1nbNM1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Definitely made up for this pretty uninteresting Ms. Mollins story
at least it had a Solomon x Camio moment
. Boat race was funny. I think that is all of the op and ed singers so now the plot must be ready to take off.

Necrovex

Utena 26

It's decided that one of these days I shall cosplay as Touga. I have the height, so I just need to get a long red wig. I will walk around the convention center with my chest bursting out, so everyone can admire me.

Oh yeah, I should probably address the episode. I do adore my Miki episodes. And what the hell is going on the student council? First baseball was happening, and now Nanami was obtaining an orgastic massage. This final arc in the Utena series is going through some weird-ass places.

I quite like the changeup in animations concerning the dueling arena. Who knew cars could be so dashing!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
@liborek3 15min

Otsuka during the 3DCG and Sakuga (meaning hand-drawn animation in this case) discussion: "About 90% of Kill La Kill is hand-drawn"

ANIME IS SAVED
in October

Blood Lad Episode 4 To Demon World Acropolis
tumblr_mqnryaa7CE1rr5h0eo1_500.jpg

All the little things I wanted to see look so good in the anime, Wolf's outfit and shoes (want) and then kid Staz. Otherwise, knowing everything at times its hard for me to be a bit more interested in things with the plot :(

Uchouten Kazoku 04

J9bHVm3l.jpg

Fun, enjoyable, exciting episode.

All the praises I could sing for it wouldn't match up to my enjoyment of the episode.

highschool dxd ln 1

interesting how the first book was actually not that lewd. But its all explained in the afterword where the author promises to make 2nd book way more erotic if first one sells lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom