• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Tamayura ~hitotose~ 5.5

This feels like a fairly important episode especially with the dad's photos part at the end. I wonder why they made it for the BDs instead of as part of the regular airing.

Quasar

Watched Sankarea over the weekend. Dopey premise but I liked it. Any chance of the rest getting made or should I just read the manga?

Tamayura ~hitotose~ 5.5

This feels like a fairly important episode especially with the dad's photos part at the end. I wonder why they made it for the BDs instead of as part of the regular airing.

I almost forgot this one, before being more aggressive.
Going to watch it later.

yami4ct

They saving for the bigger fight #believe

I'm hoping they were saving just for next week's conclusion.

There's also the fact that the end of Chimera Ant will be a giant mess of stuff that will eat budget like crazy. Fight, after fight after fight.

I'm hoping they were saving just for next week's conclusion.

There's also the fact that the end of Chimera Ant will be a giant mess of stuff that will eat budget like crazy. Fight, after fight after fight.

well you can always pad it out with people standing and thinking and glaring. because anime.

Jex

[Free!] - 4

I nearly spat out my drink during this scene. Has the scriptwriter ever actually seen the show itself? Because this comment is literally insane:

well to be fair, if this is what is considered 'budget' for an endless shounen show... i think ill live.

this part was also very short in the manga , i feel like they didn't spend time on this because they have more intresting stuff to spend time on.

They better do a great job on killua next battle

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Missed opportunity there.
It's my personal rock bottom line. I must never cross it.
Unless someone buys me one.

Also got a leaflet advertising this years manga writing competition. This years theme is voyage of discovery. Apparently this year marks the 400th anniversary of the first British ship to arrive in Japan and 150 years since five samurai of the Choshu clan arrived to be the first Japanese students in Britain.

I wonder if they graduated with first degree honour.

Branduil

[Free!] - 4

I nearly spat out my drink during this scene. Has the scriptwriter ever actually seen the show itself? Because this comment is literally insane:

It's like the male equivalent of the "fat" anime schoolgirl who has perfectly normal proportions.

Blood Lad 04

bvwZ625l.jpg

This is definitely a straight adaptation of the manga right down to the dialogue with little added scenes for jokes and what not. Doesn't mean it isn't as enjoyable and Liz appears this episode so lots of hnnnng is to be expected.

I do wonder where they plan to end this especially since this series is shorter than most one season series. I mean, the end of volume 6 wouldn't be a bad place to stop but not sure if they can get all the way there without cutting content since we only got 6 episodes left to cover four volumes.

The Eccentric Family 4

This show man. This damn show. So good. So much fun. Loved the exchange between Yasaburo and the Professor as he was coming to the party. And of course Benten with her schemes.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Free! 03-04:

Kou is the cutest author surrogate in recent memory. The story is moving in a predictable direction, but at least the production values are KyoAni through and through.

Jintor

Kids on the Slope 4

Man, I forgot entirely that the last episode ended with a love confession. This episode was a good punchy mix of irl drama, flashbacks (Sentaro's past is interesting! I don't even remember watching an anime that really dealt with the American occupation before, but then my tastes aren't that wide, so that's probably it) and jazz. Although I can't say I loved the jazz this time around, story events interfering stopped the flow :<

Vecks

[Free!] - 4

lol, so true. When I saw that part, I was trying to twist the words in my mind to make some sense of it.

yami4ct

Kids on the Slope 4

Man, I forgot entirely that the last episode ended with a love confession. This episode was a good punchy mix of irl drama, flashbacks (Sentaro's past is interesting! I don't even remember watching an anime that really dealt with the American occupation before, but then my tastes aren't that wide, so that's probably it) and jazz. Although I can't say I loved the jazz this time around, story events interfering stopped the flow :<

I don't care what others say, I freaking love this show. It's so damn earnest and sweet. Also, those Jazz pieces are amazing. Sure, it has quite a few hiccups along the way, but I still feel like it's a really special show.

jbug617

Banned
High School DxD New 4

Nice set up episode for the big battle next episode.
lol at Issei believe he would get away punishment free.
Sucks that there was no Akeno this episode. Please tell me she going to have her own story time this season.

CorvoSol

Mega Man Sins 15

Post-apocalyptic feels everywhere, folks. We're talkin' like, a super awesome fight and feels and just things crumbling and dying and feels all over. After spending a good long minute checking out Ciel's ass, Zero reencounters Phantom, who, after overhearing Zero's identity from some random mooks, decides to avenge Master X and slay Zero. Ciel intercedes, saying that X is still alive out there. Meanwhile, Alouette and Dr. Cain wander the wasteland, and it is implied again that Alouette isn't just any robot.

The episode ends with Ciel telling Zero that protecting someone other than yourself makes you stronger, not weaker.

trejo

But Rozen Maiden is good.

It's a decently put together show that didn't do much for me but I was mostly just messing with you. ;)

Dusk Maiden is kind of ugly and Oonuma's direction can be obnoxiously gimmicky. I prefer Rozen Maiden.

Dusk Maiden is a show that knows it doesn't have the largest of budgets to work with but does the most of what it can with what it has and that's something I can definitely appreciate. I also found Oonuma Shin's directorial style to be very deliberate and very visually arresting at points though I can concede that others might not get the same out of it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Danganronpa 04:

The pacing of this is shit. Wait for the Vita game to come out next year, don't bother with this.

Branduil

She sorta is, yeah. I have love-hate for her. Like sometimes she's likeable and other times I couldn't tell if I was meant to hate her or I just plain hated her. I think she improves in the second half of the show, though.

She's a Mary Sue so you're supposed to love her.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Free!] - 4

A realistic depiction of the dangers of bodybuilding and their effect on people who want to remain competitive by descending into doping culture. Soon: EPOs and other performance-enhancing drugs.

I'll be right in line for SAO S2, too, but I will still hate it and myself.

You chose...poorly.

Speaking of, I am not gonna watch the SAO dub. I thought about doing it up till the end of SAO and then skipping to the last episode, but then I was like "Yeah, no. I just finished watching that show anyway."

May TOM watch o'er the souls of those poor fools who do, though.

You have chosen...wisely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom