• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sailor Moon Rough 68

ZeOeY7c.jpg

There were pantyshots in this episode, but they shall be spared since I'm both tired and it's a midseason climax, we get more details in regards to where CHibiusa came from, on top of that, they reveal who her mother is
It's no surprise because lol foreshadowing, but ONCE AGAIN, SUPERMAN SYNDROME

They literally reused this shot again, but dumped green paint on it, how shameless. But now they know why Chibiusa is here, just not the identity.

Unrelated: Now we have 43 Ojamajo Doremi Dokkan episodes.

OceanBlue

Uh, anyway, here's the brief synopsis for each of the light novel now getting an anime series:

Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
No Game No Life
Mahou Sensou
Madan no Ou to Vanadis

Only No Game No Life sounds halfwhat interesting terrible.

I don't know about Mahou Sensou, but of the rest, Vanadis is probably the most approachable.

Sailor Moon Rough 69

It appears that my ability to ask questions only to get them answered almost immediately curse is still working because HOLY SHIT MOTOKI STILL EXISTS! AAAAAAAAA! And Mamoru asks how to get a girl to hate you. What a douche.
Wakes Sailor Moon with a kiss, still douche.

Douche douche douche douche douche

iavi

What was animu-gaf's take on Akito the Exiled? Never even realized that was released.

Good Geass? Bad Geass? Bad but good Geass?

Shergal

What was animu-gaf's take on Akito the Exiled? Never even realized that was released.

Good Geass? Bad Geass? Bad but good Geass?

It's more serious than Geass, and way more restrained in tone. You won't have ridiculous bombastic speeches accompanied by KEIKAKU, at least not going by the first episode. The fact that they're all new characters helps, but some of the mains apparently will have a prominent role (
Suzaku and CC
).

It was pretty good, and the CG mecha action by Orange was surprisingly very engaging.

Sailor Moon Rough 70

Koan gets her last shot at love and violence, on top of Yuichiro's manliness going down the drain. Dammit Rei, don't do this to him.

So our badguys are assholes, I mean that's not a surprise, but there's some major assholes in this group, mainly because it's a dude who doesn't understand a woman.

Rube even attempts to kill Koan for failing, but was saved from the space bomb by Venus and Jupiter. Jupiter's attempt at retaliating Koan was blocked by Mars, and Sailor Moon made her into a human.

With the way things worked here, it looks like it's going to get interdasting, considering we have 19 episodes left of Rough.

Mr.Jeff

Ok, hummingbird profiles. Is there a master list somewhere?

and what do you guys think about adding shows already seen, or should I stick to just adding shows I see from now on like I did with my goodreads profile?
It's very incomplete but there's a list hidden in this post.

The short WonFes event for Yamakan's new anime idol project Wake Up, Girls! apparently revealed that it's planned as both a TV series next year and a movie.
Didn't he quit years ago? Claiming that the industry wasn't ready for his creative genius?

LordCanti

Just realized that Uchouten Kazoku is by the guy that wrote The Tatami Galaxy. Now I know why I'm loving it so much.

Also realized I completely and utterly forgot that the club anime about the airsoft chicks exists. I don't know if this means I shouldn't watch it because it's that forgettable or what.

Just realized that Uchouten Kazoku is by the guy that wrote The Tatami Galaxy. Now I know why I'm loving it so much.

Also realized I completely and utterly forgot that the club anime about the airsoft chicks exists. I don't know if this means I shouldn't watch it because it's that forgettable or what.

I didn't forget, it's just I'm at the point where I'm down to like two ongoings for the time being because circumstances, so I'm just playing it safe.

Jarmel

Banned
OH! I just found out that ABC Kids actually started airing Madoka for real. They aired the first ep a while ago but I got impatient. I should watch it with my siblings.

The surprise twist is that Madoka was the kids show, that Urobuchi was supposed to write, all along.

Mature

Detective Conan 703 - The Jet-Black Mystery Train (Intersection)
!!!!
Scar Akai was Vermouth!? How many people is she going to end up being?! And so Subaru appears to be Akai? Akai's alive after all... Jeez. So who the hell is Bourbon? I love this damn show

NeonZ

In hindsight we should have expected this from Stella High School since it is a Studio Gainax production.

Gainax can be pretty conservative while doing adaptations, and don't forget that most of the older staff has left. Still, I really hope they follow it up. I had been watching this anime alongside my brother just because he was watching it, but now I'm genuinely interested in a follow up to that stuff.

The surprise twist is that Madoka was the kids show, that Urobuchi was supposed to write, all along.

We already know what the kid's show that Urobuchi is working on.

005.jpg

Kamen Rider Gaim.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gainax can be pretty conservative while doing adaptations, and don't forget that most of the older staff has left. Still, I really hope they follow it up. I had been watching this anime alongside my brother just because he was watching it, but now I'm genuinely interested in a follow up to that stuff.

This is true, I do recall them doing the adaptation of His and Her Circumstances and that was very down to earth.

LordCanti

I guess Madoka works as a kids show if you slightly twist the plot so that they're
making deals with Satan instead of a being from an interstellar race looking to harvest mahou shoujo power.

I mean, yeah, they'll have to cut out the
decapitation
, the part where
they realize what's happening in that alternate timeline and everyone loses their shit
etc. They'll also need to drop the whole
"Madoka became a God" thing
to keep it Kosher, but otherwise, the whole idea of
making deals with devils is bad
thing works on a child's show level...given the right dub and rewrite.

I didn't forget, it's just I'm at the point where I'm down to like two ongoings for the time being because circumstances, so I'm just playing it safe.

Anime is really the only media I've got going right now. There really aren't any new game releases, all the US TV shows are on hiatus, etc. Despite this, I was able to forget that it was airing after watching just one episode. That must mean it's terrible, because I even watched episode 2 of Blood Lad and the Madoka ripoff FFS.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Apparently eps 4 is just filler from what I read. booo..

Right here is what was supposed to happen,
The chapter coinciding with the episode (post-Important Haircut) deals with the club taking Yura to an airsoft supply store, and showing her the other equipment there that might be used for matches, like full-body Gillie suits.
instead we got as should be expected of Neo Gainax.
Rento gets sucked into Yura's reality marble and freaks out at the sudden change of the temple to an ancient battlefield.

Jintor

I guess Madoka works as a kids show if you slightly twist the plot so that they're
making deals with Satan instead of a being from an interstellar race looking to harvest mahou shoujo power.

I mean, yeah, they'll have to cut out the
decapitation
, the part where
they realize what's happening in that alternate timeline and everyone loses their shit
etc. They'll also need to drop the whole
"Madoka became a God" thing
to keep it Kosher, but otherwise, the whole idea of
making deals with devils is bad
thing works on a child's show level...given the right dub and rewrite.

apparently it's 100% aok for aussie kids as-is though!

Articalys

Ended up grabbing Ghost in the Shell ARISE on BD this weekend.

Couldn't pass it up for 3,000 yen.
Okay, I've just got to ask -- how long did it take you after you moved to where you currently live to find this store that sells you games and anime either before or shortly after release dates for half off?

I watched the dub and honestly? It wasn't a bad dub. I have some reservations about Klein's VA, but other than that it was serviceable. Although I have a question I recently thought of upon rewatch: Why didn't they... just let the Nervegear's battery drain out? If the Nervegear shuts off, it can't fry your brain so...
Seeing those kind of questions show me how the anime adaptation handled several key point badly so that people get the wrong idea as a result.

Anyway for all question I honnestly think you should go Here . I would be happy to answer them ( about the show ) if you have more.

Neptunia 03

Woo, 5pb concert!

Some action, some comedy, some montage, some mouse going chnnnnng, it was an enjoyable episode.
Don't forget 5pb advertising !

LN adaptations are just the worst. Especially since none of them are the Ojamajo Doremi LNs.

Are they trully intresting ? What i mean is : are they serious or comedy ? Do they have a different feelign from the anime ?Is there trully strong points so that an adaptation would be a good thing ?

wonzo

Banned
Recorder to Randoseru Mi 1-3

Hey, this is off to a rather decent start, the show looks significantly better than the first one thanks to the artstyle shift. I guess this isn't so bad aftera-

recordermi3.jpg

recordermi3a.jpg

recordermi3b.jpg

recordermi3c.jpg

…………………………

homerwhy.png

LN adaptations I have at least partially enjoyed:

Accel World
Ben-to
C3
Hataraku-Maou
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka
Horizon
Sword Art Online
Index

So for me, they definitely have a reason to exist, even if a lot of them are crap.

I liked those too as well as SNAFU, Arve Rezzle, Baka & Test, Campione! , Legend of the Legendary Heroes, Durarara!!, Hyouka, kokoro connect, RDG, Haruhi.

Okay, I've just got to ask -- how long did it take you after you moved to where you currently live to find this store that sells you games and anime either before or shortly after release dates for half off?

The BD was because I had points on my Tsutaya card.

As for the game stuff, I just kind of stumbled upon a local chain that doesn't mind selling most games a day early, provided they don't get a letter from the company saying "DON'T"

The only time that has ever happened is with Square Enix games. They really don't want stores breaking street date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom