• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rihoko Sakurai is also supposed to be "fat".

sakurai.rihoko.full.2jebeb.jpg

Anime has some weird standards.

fertygo

00 Gundam S2 - 25 (Rewatch)

For such a flawed show, this is pretty damn great finale.. great mecha action, intensity, CCA references and even good epilogue for the story trainwreck. If you listen to people to stay away from this S2.. you may want to just check this finale, because its that good and probably the best episode from this incarnation of Gundam.. Too bad I can't say the same for overall of this S2 lol

For me personally I had blast, its pretty fun despite its my rewatch.. like I said before this season not incompetently made by per episode basis.. the pace is good, never feel erratic, the action is top notch and have intensity. Its just very broken in series structure as overall, and that's very fatal for linear show. But for people that easy to please like me its not big problem. Its have cool mech to watch in sakuga and play in SRW!

Irrelevant SRW talk
Man these 2007-2008 show maybe the last great batch for SRW
Code Geass
Macross Frontier
Shin Mazinger

Dayum.. If Star Driver are the only bright spot on Z3 or next major SRW crossover, I'm gonna really sad.

Chronoexe

High School DxD New 04

What a great episode and it was only plot real plot, this is the DXD I love. ;__;

The mastermind finally appears and he is super strong but that means It's almost time for
DIVIDEEEEEEEEEEE

Sword Art Online -The Day After-

This was a really nice, sweet, and interesting read. I always wondered what had happened in that one episode and when and why Kirito's hair changed. Now I know.

Also apparently the 13th volume is titled Alicization Dividing and this is the picture.

3Nwj5.jpg

Where did you read this? >_>

Oy, I just realized that C84 and Otakon overlap next weekend. That's going to be crazy.

Otakon by itself is going to be crazy. I'm expecting a lot that I want to see there will be booked against each other. Hopefully this year they will actually do a better job of booking appropriate room sizes for popular guests/panels/events.

One Piece 592

Giving us a Brownbeard retrospective during this Yeti Cool Brothers moment was odd and felt way drawn out. I honestly didn't think he had any fans that were somehow wanting him to have more screentime. I guess it did give us more Traffy but still, the plot already allows for plenty of time for him.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 57

Though I'm not too much of a fan of this whole subplot with Shaoran having this newfound crush on Sakura, I would be lying if this episode didn't make me smile a whole lot. Most episodes manage to do that, but still.

So I guess getting the two of them together is part of Eriol's goal? I...still don't really get what his endgame is here.

The part where Sakura left that message on his phone was funny and cute as hell.

fertygo

I actually think that KyoAni is just trying to give boys body image-issues. I mean, look at this:

OH GOD WHY U SO FAT?

It really makes zero sense.
I know its about that absurd dialogue. But its not just about the physical looks, how he move while performing also can implied in that (in this context, competitive swimming). Maybe its looks a bit awkward in a way that athlete know.

Its true for athlete to not in their best performance if they're not performing for awhile, that's why professional sport have pre-season after off-season.

nofunallowed.jpg

About damned time yall got them.

K-On has been remarkably slow in crossing the Atlantic. Season 2 Part 2 was released literally last week, that's how slow it was. I wouldn't be too surprised that the K-On blus will be released in a Complete box set some point late next year, in a similar manner to Eden of the East.

Jex

It's pretty clear that guy doesn't even lift.

Now I'm imagining an alternate version of the show where it's revealed that the protagonists are the only one's who think they're in shape but it's a shared delusion. Rin can see through it which is why he comments about how out of shape they are.

Theonik

Now I'm imagining an alternate version of the show where it's revealed that the protagonists are the only one's who think they're in shape but it's a shared delusion. Rin can see through it which is why he comments about how out of shape they are.
But isn't he dead?

Too much for a happy end.
Way too much.

This was... way funnier than the original shows.
Best thing Toei has done in years!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Free was secretly a Key anime all along.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

The new "Rin is actually a ghost" interpretation for Free!

Theonik

This is explained in the second novel of the arc.

There's a project seeking to create the "perfect AI", and they've codenamed this theoretical AI "ALICE" for "Artificial Labile Intelligent Cybernated Existence". They already have a pool of "imperfect" AIs, so the goal of the project is to upgrade one of these into a true "ALICE". Hence, "Project Alicization".

In other news...HAY GUYS IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. Thanks goes to Cajun for giving me the perfect idea for a good present to ask for:
Happy birthday , be carefull on any contract you may sign from now on... not that you may bid more than you think or anything :)

Shiiiiit I need to free up space on my computer. Looks like I know what plans are for the evening. :lol
You still have a couple of days left.

you know, has there ever been an explanation of why one piece uses a bunch of dragon ball z sound effects?

Toei sound effect department.
The one piece effects have more reverb even if they are similar.

High School DxD New 04

What a great episode and it was only plot real plot, this is the DXD I love. ;__;

The mastermind finally appears and he is super strong but that means It's almost time for
DIVIDEEEEEEEEEEE
Apron ! and then
you think it's already alright you get DOUBLE apron !
Ah ah ah ... i love this serie , trully the unexpected ..

Where did you read this? >_>
Same place as you read Dxd ?
hyowGy8.jpg

It begins.....
Next Week

Next week is gonna be great ... but this just put salt in the wound that we didn't get the yui arc properly.

Andrew J.

Irrelevant SRW talk
Man these 2007-2008 show maybe the last great batch for SRW
Code Geass
Macross Frontier
Shin Mazinger

Dayum.. If Star Driver are the only bright spot on Z3 or next major SRW crossover, I'm gonna really sad.

Screw that noise! Valvrave, Gargantia, and Lagrange are gonna be great in SRW! Hell, maybe E7 AO and Gundam AGE will get story changes that make them tolerable.

fertygo

Screw that noise! Valvrave, Gargantia, and Lagrange are gonna be great in SRW! Hell, maybe E7 AO and Gundam AGE will get story changes that make them tolerable.

Most of those seem boring as SRW unit :( Valvrave red unit and AO's nirvash seem fun though.

And Whatever unit that AGE had is massive step down from Exia/00-Raiser.. hell maybe even compared to Kyrios/Arios. I know those maybe still gonna in new game but still..

Theonik

Love Lab 04
ibdG9o6lS84J9C.png

Them brows
The Lingerie song and the Tsundere play were amazing. Overall I laughed several times in this episode. The wairdo continues to be an :SDBurton magnet too.
Dat letter.

Kiniro Mosaic 04
iSUIqChXdIMi.png
iwD5pm0Omyoz4.png
iwasGdHeQ8dpb.png

Now they are just trying to troll Madpierrot
Still loving this show. Copious :Cajun and :SDBurton to be had yet again. Also replace with your fetish of choice and you pretty much got everyone in this thread.

Yeah, that's also part of the problem. There are barely non-comedical "fat" characters in anime.
Just look at Debu Plus or Accel World.
#FatAcceptance

Hattori

Banned
This is explained in the second novel of the arc.

There's a project seeking to create the "perfect AI", and they've codenamed this theoretical AI "ALICE" for "Artificial Labile Intelligent Cybernated Existence". They already have a pool of "imperfect" AIs, so the goal of the project is to upgrade one of these into a true "ALICE". Hence, "Project Alicization".

In other news...HAY GUYS IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. Thanks goes to Cajun for giving me the perfect idea for a good present to ask for:

Happy Birthday CNET!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom