• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
So I'm doing a Fumoffu rewatch. Holy shit, I forgot how great this was. Episode 9 is the best onsen episode ever. The sakuga at the end, camera angles, and emotions are all topnotch. Dat ending. The rugby episode is so good. The trashtalk at the end, omfg.

jbug617

Banned
Cajun, Sentai doesn't have any problem with Tsuritama being out in the wild.
@SentaiFilmworks

Enjoy it! :) RT @ErosThanatus: Tsuritama BD is finally here! (≧∇≦)/ @SentaiFilmworks pic.twitter.com/hkah32LXeP

CorvoSol

So I'm doing a Fumoffu rewatch. Holy shit, I forgot how great this was. Episode 9 is the best onsen episode ever. The sakuga at the end, camera angles, and emotions are all topnotch. Dat ending. The rugby episode is so good. The trashtalk at the end, omfg.

Fumoffu was pretty awesome. It also gave us the Bonta-Kun unit in SRW J and W, which was all manner of funny.

Shinji going SEED mode is still one of the best moments in that series.

Man, I really need to give the Gundam series a shot. But there's too damn many of them and I have no idea where to start.

There are basically two main branches of Gundam. UC, which is the OG and longrunner which is like a sort of space opera feel along the lines of Star Trek or Star Wars. And then everything else, which ranges from homages/retellings/spins on UC stories to more unique stuff.

Places I would recommend you start if you're interested: 1)Mobile Suit Gundam 0079, which is the original show. Holds up pretty well and Char is forever a sexy beast. 2)Mobile Fighter G Gundam. A more Super Robot Tournament sorta show with lots of bromance and manly tears and hot blooded shouting going on. 3) New Mobile Report Gundam Wing, which is often people's first experience. It has the best mecha designs in the entire series, I think, caters a bit to the yaoi fangirls, but also has some pretty awesome fights and stuff.

Jarmel

Banned
Fumoffu was pretty awesome. It also gave us the Bonta-Kun unit in SRW J and W, which was all manner of funny.

Shinji going SEED mode is still one of the best moments in that series.

The panties breaking, o m g .

Shinji also gets a justly reward.

CorvoSol

mahou shoujo mecha != mecha mahou shoujo

This is getting to be a mouthful. Which one is giant robots in mini skirts and which one is girls firing rocket punches?

The panties breaking, o m g .

Shinji also gets a justly reward.

Poor Shinji, after all that effort, those manly speeches, and dodging lasers like nobody's biz, I almost felt bad for him.

It's still a toss up for me if the spa episode in Fumoffu is best, or if the spa episode in Gurren Lagann is best. Cuz the Gurren Lagann spa episode was pretty damn funny.

Jarmel

Banned
Poor Shinji, after all that effort, those manly speeches, and dodging lasers like nobody's biz, I almost felt bad for him.

It's still a toss up for me if the spa episode in Fumoffu is best, or if the spa episode in Gurren Lagann is best. Cuz the Gurren Lagann spa episode was pretty damn funny.

I don't remember the Gurren one ending with someone's sausage in their face.

Places I would recommend you start if you're interested: 1)Mobile Suit Gundam 0079, which is the original show. Holds up pretty well and Char is forever a sexy beast. 2)Mobile Fighter G Gundam. A more Super Robot Tournament sorta show with lots of bromance and manly tears and hot blooded shouting going on. 3) New Mobile Report Gundam Wing, which is often people's first experience. It has the best mecha designs in the entire series, I think, caters a bit to the yaoi fangirls, but also has some pretty awesome fights and stuff.

Agreed on these points, though as far as 0079 goes I think the movies are a better place to start over the series. In addition, Zeta is quite a worthy follow-up.

CorvoSol

I don't remember the Gurren one ending with someone's sausage in their face.

No, but there was a finger up a butt, and the hilarious pixel gag.

Agreed on these points, though as far as 0079 goes I think the movies are a better place to start over the series. In addition, Zeta is quite a worthy follow-up.

I have to see the Zeta movies and if they change my feelings of Zeta, 'cuz I watched the series dubbed and was unimpressed. Several characters fall apart at the end and there's a lot of doing the same thing again and again. Got real sick of people stealing a ship and escaping the Argama.

I prefer ZZ to Z.

That said Kamille was awesome and the Zeta Gundam is still the best Gundam in UC.

I don't even know anymore, all I want is this:

Pretty sure Tenmyujin finishes that fight by throwing her bra at the enemy and then blowing her up from behind, too.

Neptunia 03

Aag4iU1.jpg

Commie has killed me. Fucking reflected subs in the reflection ooh my god

I have to see the Zeta movies and if they change my feelings of Zeta, 'cuz I watched the series dubbed and was unimpressed. Several characters fall apart at the end and there's a lot of doing the same thing again and again. Got real sick of people stealing a ship and escaping the Argama.

I prefer ZZ to Z.

That said Kamille was awesome and the Zeta Gundam is still the best Gundam in UC.

The Zeta movies....eh, they're alright, I suppose. The new footage interspersed with the existing footage really sticks out in a not-so-good way, plus there are some dubious story alterations.

I can understand your stance on the series...I guess what you point out didn't really bother me that much. ZZ is pretty good once it finds it's footing after the first few episodes. Moon-moon arc aside.

The Zeta Gundam is indeed awesome, and one of my favorites. The Double Zeta, on the other hand...looks kinda ugly.

The Zeta movies....eh, they're alright, I suppose. The new footage interspersed with the existing footage really sticks out in a not-so-good way, plus there are some dubious story alterations.

I've only seen the first movie so far but it's so worth watching because the new animation all looks beyond gorgeous. But yeah, it's bad for a first viewing.

cajunator

Banned
In case you weren't buying mecha models, they needed a new strategy for your dollars.

Isn't that basically what Super Robot Girls Z is?

Well they still wont get my dollars but it was a damned good try!

Cajun, Sentai doesn't have any problem with Tsuritama being out in the wild.

Well...shit.

Neptunia 03

On one hand I commend the creativity. On the other hand, this is not very professional AT ALL. And I know this isnt a professional fansub group and its all in fun but its kinda against the whole point of subtitling.

On one hand I commend the creativity. On the other hand, this is not very professional AT ALL. And I know this isnt a professional fansub group and its all in fun but its kinda against the whole point of subtitling.

The scene and the whole show are probably the stupidest things I've ever seen. I can't blame them for having their fun with it.

Thinking about giving Mobile Report a shot because those designs do look spectacular. Even if the name of the series sounds like a cell phone advertisement.

CorvoSol

I can understand your stance on the series...I guess what you point out didn't really bother me that much. ZZ is pretty good once it finds it's footing after the first few episodes. Moon-moon arc aside.

The Zeta Gundam is indeed awesome, and one of my favorites. The Double Zeta, on the other hand...looks kinda ugly.

The ZZ Gundam yeah, it's kinda grown on me. Like, compared to the Zeta or the Nu it probably isn't as cool, but since Judau is my favorite UC pilot, its grown by association for me.

Well they still wont get my dollars but it was a damned good try!

Gundam Girls are Cry. Or something. I dunno. I buy robot models and that's it. Robot girl hybrids are not my thing.

Thinking about giving Mobile Report a shot because those designs do look spectacular. Even if the name of the series sounds like a cell phone advertisement.

Just do like everyone and call it "Gundam Wing" then. Basically nobody uses the silly full titles of Gundam shows anyway.

cajunator

Banned
I'm wary of answering that question so I'll go with 'maybe'?

IVE SEEN SOME SHIT

The ZZ Gundam yeah, it's kinda grown on me. Like, compared to the Zeta or the Nu it probably isn't as cool, but since Judau is my favorite UC pilot, its grown by association for me.

Gundam Girls are Cry. Or something. I dunno. I buy robot models and that's it. Robot girl hybrids are not my thing.

I am tempted to get a certain Triggerheart Exelica figure though. thats probably the closest.

Jex

Robot Girls Z. As far as I can tell, a short web anime about moe anthropomorphications of Toei giant robots. Starts in January.

I personally don't think that's two fanbases that will have a lot of crossover appeal, but then again, what do I know? I'm sure someone believes there's money to be made.

Still, I feel that fans of cute girls won't be sated by the designs or the animation and fans of robots probably want to see some robots.
Robot list from Arti's pic above:

Mazinger Z
Great Mazinger
Grendizer
Garata K7
Gaiking
Barattack
Danguard A

What are they doing?!!!!!!

I don't know. I really don't!

Tenumi

Banned

Stop reminding me Fumoffu and Second Raid aren't on Netflix anymore T_T

Neptunia 03

That is awesomely hilarious.

The world god only knows Godess arc - 04

The%20World%20God%20Only%20Knows%20-%20Goddesses%20Arc%20-%2004.jpg

If this was a galge , that would be the moment where i would pause and make a save.

Excellent episode , considering what they had to adapt that was spot-on in term of pacing and animation .

I'm satisfied..... and i'm looking forward to next week even more !

k, i'm back in.

the initial disapointment over all the material they skipped doesn't change the fact that they are doing a pretty good job with this adaptation.

Of course this is true only for manga viewers , because anime only viewers will find themselves still a little confused as of now.

jbug617

Banned
Dog and Scissors 5

This entire episode basically undid the past episode. Not happy about this development.
The fight between the author and sister was not good. All of this and we find out that the slasher was fake and was meant to bring inspiration.
I only watch this for the MC because he is a dog.

Theonik

I don't know. I really don't!
A service to mankind.

I personally don't think that's two fanbases that will have a lot of crossover appeal, but then again, what do I know? I'm sure someone believes there's money to be made.

Still, I feel that fans of cute girls won't be sated by the designs or the animation and fans of robots probably want to see some robots.
Everyone likes cute girls though. It's no secret every Mecha show out now has some form of female pilot. Cross-appeal is there.
More importantly there is novelty.

Jex

I'm an hour into Eva 3.33 and i just can't. No explanation about whats going on at all just people complaining and Kaworu and Shinji playing the piano while horses run through musical notes. This is so deflating after how awesome 2 was.

What the fuck am i watching.

I know your pain. Well, actually, I don't, because I didn't think Rebuild 2.0 was awesome.

I have a vague understanding of your pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom