• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurky

Dammit guys I'm only gone for about two weeks and there's already a new thread? Now I have to go catch up on animu... >=[

Joe Molotov

Also you are talking to someone who thinks some grotesque things are actually cute.

ib0IsLDi6jKgif.gif

I thought the whole point of Watamote is that if she actually took care of herself and didn't act like a fool that she would actually be good looking and popular.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I thought the whole point of Watamote is that if she actually took care of herself and didn't act like a fool that she would actually be good looking and popular.

Sort of, so far, it is more, her ideas of how to make herself more attractive or popular backfire on her in various sit commy ways.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GenericCuteness This more or less, I am being told she is ugly or plain or whatever and it just becomes an informed trait because most anime refused to deal with the grotesque.

You're looking for hollywood homely, which is a problem with fiction in general.

It has been readily apparent from the first episode that she does most of this shit to herself and of of the recurrent themes is he denial of her situation to the point where she blames everybody but the self. Also the fact of the matter is that Tokomo is suffering from more then just a little social awkwardness, she is most likely suffering from one if not multiple undiagnosed metal disorders and really needs professional help. I do not find such things amusing, also, on a meta example the who social awkwardness thing reeks of cynical manipulation of otakus in a similar position. I have coem to hate Tokomo, hate everything about her, and that is what make Watamote enjoyable for me, her suffering, her torment.

That's what makes her endearing though! We're not talking about tsunderes which are just a bastardized combination of bipolar and borderline personality disorder. These are some actual relatable actions and thoughts, even for people with very mild social anxiety and no other mental disorders to speak of, even if it is a bit exaggerated at times.

Also, there are no psychiatrists in Japan apparently.

Theonik

http://i.imgur.com/uo7wdov.png

how big is acceptable to you?
I can't decide. #TeamNotNumber1

It is ! Especially if youve read the books
I see! Guess I have some work to do.

I want in too!

#2 is the best.
Nose is bad.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
9 looks like what was depicted as "average" anime art in the really shitty "how to draw anime" books I owned as a teenager.

/XX/

In other news...HAY GUYS IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. Thanks goes to Cajun for giving me the perfect idea for a good present to ask for:
Happy birthday, Cnet! But since I live in the future, I get priority! Now it's MY BIRTHDAY!
Man, now missing birthdays in pairs too... Happy (belated) Birthday to cnet128 & Jintor!

Aren't Evangelion rights a clusterfuck right now?
Yeah. As far as I try to understand the situation, things maybe got more complicated after the link between both studios for copyright management that were Mr. & Ms. Kamimura both left GAiNAX to form Studio Khara's affiliated GroundWorks company (http://gworks.biz/), as seen previously:

神村靖宏・典子夫妻がガイナックスを退社? - 「株式会社グラウンドワークス」は『ヱヴァ』版権管理の新会社か: 序破Q
http://johakyu.net/archives/2010/06/2010-06-02-001047.php

I mean, without knowing what level of direct connection they retain now, what kind of consent each part, be Studio Khara (χαρα) or GAiNAX, will need from the other to patronage determined products on their own?

With this I was always referring to the original Project Eva rights, as obviously Rebuild of Evangelion is totally controlled by Studio Khara... but well, with determined products sometimes the lines in-between similar properties blur (and that is why they had someone like Noriko Kamimura sorting things out in the first place!).

cajunator: here and here

I think there was a Leliel* nano too, but it's not listed there.
Here you are:

使徒XXnano!
http://www.hobby-wave.com/LINE_UP/kanseihin/2007/nano/

you know...

short skirt + bare thighs > zettai ryouiki.

but maybe its because i've played baseball and not a fan of long socks. too itchy and messes up my fabulous leg hair.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Also, with my new avatar, I bet nobody that thinks avatars = intelligence and maturity will take me seriously anymore :p
My position is that such people shouldn't get their way. Ideally it'll get to the point where half of the page they're reading is ignored so they don't even bother coming anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom