• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
C-calm down guys

(and she's not even a girl from a J-drama!)

image.php

This and "GODDAMN R2" are what I take away from that thread.

FUCK YOU KIRBY GUY. I was almost second place! I have climbed the ranks like an ascendant star of holy fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually its just Summer Break and yeah.

Still, THIRD PLACE WHAT WHAT WHAT

I read studies claiming that people are far happier with the bronce medal than the silver, so you are clearly faking your outrage.

:horsedetectived

CorvoSol

I read studies claiming that people are far happier with the bronce medal than the silver, so you are clearly faking your outrage.

:horsedetectived

Well duh, 3rd place is a huge jump up from 5th last thread and also KG had like 300 more posts than I did, so it was never a contest anyway.

Too limited imo

Also, Animal Crossing New Leaf.

I still need to buy that game. But its new and therefore still costly and as my posting will readily attest, I'm unemployed.

Well duh, 3rd place is a huge jump up from 5th last thread and also KG had like 300 more posts than I did, so it was never a contest anyway.

I still need to buy that game. But its new and therefore still costly and as my posting will readily attest, I'm unemployed.

The best part was that I was really lazy in the last thread because I was actually playing games for once, yet I posted a bit more.... and I would've done a bit better if my internet didn't fucking die last night. Oh well, gave me more time to read Jojo part 3.

Is there some sort of plug in that makes things like :dtl and :lol into pictures or something?

No

Tenumi

Banned
Lets see... This would be my current Anime Plans:

Toonami Stuff:

Bleach
Naruto
One Piece
Soul Eater

Continuing Shows:

Railgun S
DokiDoki Precure

Summer Season Shows:

Neptunia
WataMote
C3-Bu
The Sun Penetrates The Illusion
Love Lab
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prism☆Illya (Maybe)
Kiniro Mosaic (Maybe)
Fantasista Doll (Maybe)

Backlog Shows:

YuruYuri S2
Motto To Love-ru -> To Love-ru Darkness
Dog Days
Kiss X Sis TV
Maken-Ki!
The iDOLM@STER
Suite Precure -> Fresh Precure
--------------
...I Think I have some issues. Eh, Its not like I'm getting through all those backlog shows this summer...

Watching

Blood Lad
Danganronpa
Gatchaman Crowds
Monogatari
Servant X Service
Silver Spoon
Watamote

Maybe

Uchoten Kazoku
Dog Scissors

Eventually

Genshiken

Continuing

Attack on Patience
Railgun 2
Shonens

...I Think I have some issues. Eh, Its not like I'm getting through all those backlog shows this summer...

One thing I learned since embarking on my toku/anime watching journey? The backlog is eternal. It is infinite, and it will never go away.

That being said: I'm going to try and watch everything this summer that isn't a sequel series (minus Milky Holmes).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
My summer watching plans:

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi
Love Lab
Watamote
Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku
Servant X Service
Neptunia
Kiniro Mosaic
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou

Come the second season of Kuroko's Basketball, I hope to introduce AnimeGAF to the power of :lava. You'll certainly get a taste of it when Free! rains swag on us all. I'm going to take a temporary leave of absence as the President of the Marathoners Association to join you in the sun.

/XX/

Not even KirbyGuy can topple cajunator, what chance does he got?
Didn't it was said the same until cajunator finally surpassed Jexhius? History repeats itself...

I may never have actually got around to writing my review for Nobita's Dinosaur (2006) but I can at least bring you dinosaur action:

http://abload.de/img/animation2akeoi.gif

http://abload.de/img/animation4f7i3x.gif

http://abload.de/img/animation52hiyi.gif

http://abload.de/img/animation6xdejl.gif
Can't decide between this and Umasou on the sakuga factor. >_<
The action scenes in Nobita are much more polished and striking, but to be fair they're aiming for different things. Umasou is not as stylized, but it has some great choreography and pretty solid movement too.
Exactly! Both films definitely play by different kinds of strength, and for the case of Nobita's Dinosaur the hyper-realism of animators like Hisashi Mori (who handled the whole scene present on those '.GIF's) sure fits and is a nice contrast on how the story's tone is presented at first, and how their frightening adventure totally matters. The 'humane' and characteristic dinosaurs you connect to on You Are Umasou worked well with the approach to 'acting' in the animation it had.

Akira walks up to the cop and talks to him because he has the same model of phone. He asks the cop if he has lost his memory too. The Cop gets his passport, and mentions that Akira is (Selecaw???) #9. This obviously ties into the "candidate" thing I mentioned last episode.
'SELECAO', stylized from the Brazilian Portuguese 'SELEÇÃO' in honor of the Brazil national football team.
In Continental or European Portuguese it can be written as 'SELECÇÃO' instead.

FOUR
DAYS
Come on Aniplex Inc., simultaneous availability on KILL la KILL official website, please!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Come to think of it, since I have OT2 duties and I don't just want to rip Mandoric's OP as well-put-together as it is, I'm probably going to have to watch at least a little bit of every show to be able to have a quippy opinion on each. Fuck.

Narag

Come to think of it, since I have OT2 duties and I don't just want to rip Mandoric's OP as well-put-together as it is, I'm probably going to have to watch at least a little bit of every show to be able to have a quippy opinion on each. Fuck.

Just watch the OP of each and judge from there.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Or just post the chart.

The firehawk challenge reemerges!

CorvoSol

Watching
Slayers Try
G Gundam
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Gundam Unicorn
Gargantia
Valvrave

Considering Dropping
Attack on Nothing Because All they Do is Stand Around Talking
The Single Worst CG Robot Show I've Ever Watched Prince