• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

K-ON!! Live - Come With Me!
I watched the gigantic 3 and a half hour K-on! live show this evening. My second time actually, butt he first time I scrubbed through all the talky bits and focused on the songs. This time I watched the whole thing.

They spend most of the show pretending to play instruments and singing songs, and it’s wonderfully entertaining. Yoko(Mio) is the worst at pretending to play. They actually do play some songs later in the show and it’s impressive considering none of the VAs had prior music experience before hand. There were a few skits here and there, and a lot of talking bits that I couldn't understand.
Death Devil was easily the best part. Sawako’s VA is really into it and is stoked to be there.

The show closed with a nice group performance of Come With Me after some tear-filled speeches from the girls that I have no idea what about.
Overall it was lovely. A great thing for fans to get to see.

L2hlMlS.png
Left to right: Azusa, Ritsu, Yui, Mio, and Mugi.

Thoraxes

DeSu - 13

So they picked a shitty route...
And they made the MC not a bad-ass but tried to take a more serious direction...
Did it work? Nah.
Was I simply just okay with it? Yeah. It wasn't the best, but as a fan of the game it was nice to see the opposite side of things, even if the execution was poor. It feels like a lost chance to make something awesome, but w/e, I had fun.

Thank you for the waifus, especially Otome, Airi, and Fumi.

The ending was nice too.

Lucifer as the final summon was great.

OP and ED music were great.

K-ON!! Live - Come With Me!
I watched the gigantic 3 and a half hour K-on! live show this evening. My second time actually, butt he first time I scrubbed through all the talky bits and focused on the songs. This time I watched the whole thing.

They spend most of the show pretending to play instruments and singing songs, and it’s wonderfully entertaining. Yoko(Mio) is the worst at pretending to play. They actually do play some songs later in the show and it’s impressive considering none of the VAs had prior music experience before hand. There were a few skits here and there, and a lot of talking bits that I couldn't understand.
Death Devil was easily the best part. Sawako’s VA is really into it and is stoked to be there.

The show closed with a nice group performance of Come With Me after some tear-filled speeches from the girls that I have no idea what about.
Overall it was lovely. A great thing for fans to get to see.

Left to right: Azusa, Ritsu, Yui, Mio, and Mugi.

Wait real Ritsu doesn't pull back her hair, and real Mugi doesn't have the eyebrows of destiny?

The dream is over

cnet128

Banned
If it makes you feel better, I haven't made an overall ranking. All I know is who gets less love from me. And we already know one of them is blatantly obvious.

But I thought you loved Mana with all your heart and soul.

Luminous doesn't count she's not even a Cure

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I see it is still 2007. And I was so looking forward to that show about a British girl. Oh well. Just have to wait six more years.

fertygo

Free - 01

Based KyoAni etc.

What I love about fujoshi anime is, everybody so tallll... even the girl, not like in regular anime with everybody look like 150cm at best. Now with kyoani's design and not ugly shoujoish look, so everything is good.

Theonik

Okay, so I found the name of the group that brought that Pz III to AX13.

http://www.facebook.com/Panzerfabrik

They apparently also have a halftrack and they're working on a Pz IV.
Oh nice! I still wonder how much they are charging Sentai for this.

Guys, what is the most American anime I can watch tomorrow?

I'm thinking maybe one of the Marvel anime adaptions.
Riding Bean

Good pick.

wonzo

Banned
if elected, i'll build a wall to keep out the filthy tumblr gifs

Sailor Moon 30

smoon30.jpg

zawa

Hmm, I can't say I was really feeling this episode outside of this new guy called Yuuichirou and has trails of immense stupidity. Oh well, next episode looks like it's gonna own though.

wonzo

Banned
Tamako Market: Dela's Bar 3

tamakodelabar3.jpg

fabulous shiori

A maid bar where the customers dress up as the maids and serve their own tea. Truly an incredibly genius idea that only Dela himself could think of.

Free! - 01

That was a ton of fun, made better because I actually watched my school's swim club do a relay a few weeks back. All the tears and melodrama of an anime/Jdrama but in real life! Huzzah!

It also helps that I have students just like these numbskulls, which made it easy to enjoy their stupid antics. I cracked up when
Haru kept ripping his pants off to reveal his bathing suit.

It's not as good looking as Hyouka (is anything?), but it's still well animated. All that water sakuga was killing me.

Definitely looking forward to following this one. Also Gou is adorable.

So we're finally getting info on the new Sailor Moon anime? Good! Sailor Moon was the very first anime I ever watched back in 7th grade. Though I've changed quite a bit since then, and haven't watch Sailor Moon in probably over a decade, I'm hoping the new show can be similarly enjoyable. That might be asking a lot though. We'll see :)

Hopefully they implemented necessary changes to the concept to make it enjoyable, if they can meet my expectations then it could finally ignite the genre.

There were several great female characters in Prince of Tennis, including the coach of the team who got plenty of screen time.

Certainly the balance of gender was heavily slanted towards the men, but Coach Ryuuzaki, Sakuno, An, and Tomoka all got plenty of screen time and personality. I don't think it's fair to call them 'decoration'.

So what happened to them, as there were no females in new prince of tennis last year.

cajunator

Banned
Happy America Day!

I remember when I first looked up the synopsis for Eden of the East on Netflix it made it seem like it was going to be an anime political thriller set in the United States, in the vein of the Bourne series, Tom Clancy novels, and all those movies starring Tom Cruise.

Boy was I disappointed.

I felt the same way at first but it decided to take another route.

i hope yellow gets hit by a boat

a nice boat?

So Aku no Hana has whetted my appetite for dark, atmospheric anime. I have an idea of what I'd like to watch in that regard, but I thought I'd put out a general call to see if there's anything I would have overlooked. So, AnimeGAF, what are your favorite dark, moody anime?

Saikano
Now and then Here or there
Paranoia Agent
Elfen Lied
Higurashi

Golden Boy 4

THE MAIN REASON I GOT INTO THIS! SWIMMING! THE DUB MAKES IT EVEN BETTER!

I'm trying to figure out who to compare his voice to but I don't know. "How do you like my swimming" just sounded so right! He sounds like a complete fucking dork, and yet it just adds so much! I don't know if this is bad dubbing or just perfect.

Also good looking short hair woman approaching, whoo whooo! And he challenged her to racing in a month.
And he got too horny, swimming straight into her crotch which lead to showing his boner to her.

Such lewd swim suits in front of kids. I was bothered a bit at how one of the suggestions to getting a kid's head under water was to force his had into the fucking water. What an asshole! And doing it with such a smile and attitude too!

Kintaro's manliness continues to spread to other women, he'd easily be able to demand to give all the women to Japan to him without much repercussion. That's more than I can say about Takamaru and Bryan Hawk.

Golden Boy 5

A two parter (not really), and so damn lewd! Oh god. Masturbating using motorcycles, oh mah gaw

Of course Kintaro can't learn to be elegant. That's not his style.

SURPRISE KIMONO GIRL IS THE SAME AS MASTURBATING MOTORCYCLE GIRL AND SHE CHALLENGES YOU TO A RACE FOR A CHANCE TO FUCK, and you're using a bike. I think it's time to do the impossible, see the invisible.

How will things end! WE HAVE ONE MORE EXCITING EPISODE LEFT

Im glad you have been awakened to the splendor of this OVA. Its a true classic for a
very good reason. You wont ever forget it either. It will haunt you.

You know if you cut her hair short and change her eye colour she look like Mayaka.

Please dont insult a Free character in such a way.

Porun is best mascot. Hating on Porun is forbidden.

Well, he did have a lewd handholding scene with
water-chan
in the very first episode. I guess the writing is on the wall with that one.

This. Porun is best mascot in Futari Wa. not even close. Fuck Mepple and Mipple and their bullshit.

Golden Boy 6 END

WOW, WHAT AN ENDING! WITH ALL THE WOMEN FROM THE PREVIOUS EPISODES (even politician's little girl's friend is here) to pitch together for one spectacular finale. Kintaro shows that he knows his boobs rather well to another animator.

Kintaro is so loud, there are times I wonder how in the hell he gets away with some of the things he said. To top it all off, he didn't piss a woman off (who will become one of his harem members). His antics at the toilets never cease to amaze me, and I'm surprised little happens in regards to his toilet habits. Hell, the things he gets away with is amazing.

What the hell have I been missing in my life? I've seen this recommended every now and again, and yet I didn't take it until now, and quite frankly, I'm glad I did. A short burst anime filled with laughs, boobs, and women, as well as EDUCATION! The greatest educational anime to be given to us. I also liked the animation.

It's like the last horse crossed the finish line on this anime, but at least we can say all of them have crossed it now. I am in a promise land. A Golden Era. A Golden Boy.

One of my all time favorite anime ending episodes. Tied everything together in a very neat exciting and memorable way. Absolute perfection.

Hmm, I take Tsubomi, even if she's not my avatar. She's just utterly adorable to the point that I'd form a cup with my hands... and just place her head there and die from squeeing.

I know that feeling..

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Technically it is vote for :wonzo not wonzo. We are not voting for the member but QUALITY animation.

cnet128

Banned
wonzo isn't even american! How can you trust someone who isn't american!? Vote for me! jgmerican.

I don't think being American is a great indicator of trustworthiness or reliability.

Of course, I'm British, so of course I wouldn't. We look down on America with the utmost disdain.

(I'd still vote for you over :wonzo)

faridmon

I dropped Psycho Pass at the beginning because its atrocious animation, art style, colour palette and the horrible use of CG. Does it get better?

e_i

Tamayura More Aggressive episode 1

When you start makes pillows with your friend's face on it...you''re pretty yuriyuri for her.

wonzo

Banned
Quiet. I'm totally 'murican. I even have my birth certificate to prove it!
can animegaf truly vote for someone with such "needing" ironic mspaint skills? can we truly take such a risk in these uncertain times?

*this message brought to you by the ghost busterz initiative, oh oh oh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom