• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

Utena 20/21

Wakaba continues to be awesome. The duel between her and Utena has been my favorite so far. The power of friendship? Screw that, the Black Rose demands a duel, and a duel shall be had!

And Nanami is still a horrible monster. I thought a few episodes back, hey, maybe she will become a nicer person after the whole Tsuwabuku episode. But nope! I still want to connect my fist to her face.

Tenumi

Banned
...I think I'm gonna need to borrow Golden Boy from one of my friends before they go to Japan.

...But my backlog screams at me already...

cnet128

Banned
I am not digging the more Poppy-fied Ling Tosite Sigure

eaPwIkh.jpg

?

Chronoexe

...I think I'm gonna need to borrow Golden Boy from one of my friends before they go to Japan.

...But my backlog screams at me already...

Your backlog can wait, you need Golden boy in your life.

I been reading the manga and now I know why there's no more episodes.

SO LEWD it's almost hentai but it's good.

Final Madoka review went up on SFDebris. He really enjoyed it. Super enjoyed it, in fact.

No kidding, he went from a logical breakdown of the show with great observations to pure gushing over Homura. I mean she IS the best part of the show and all but it was a jarring change in his videos. Seeing an AMV of meguca set to TIme After Time made my day though.

Naruto Shippuden 320

I miss I can Hear already, why did we get a new ED. I love Naruto's outfit, too bad no one would ever cosplay it :( Though I never heard of the singer before (Rake).

But more importantly, were finally going back to canon material next week, the preview (spoiler image)

sonicmj1

I don't see how it's "poppy-fied" but ok :lol

Given how their sound began, it'd be hard not to get poppier.

Personally, I like when there's a heavy dash of pop in my prog-rock, so I was kind of disappointed when I bought an earlier Ling Tosite Sigure album expecting a sound a bit closer to Abnormalize.

The World God Only Knows S2 - END

So this season was almost identical to the 1st season where most of the time was spent capturing different heroines. I'm actually not mad about this and actually like it, like the saying goes "if it's not broken don't fix it." Keima still remains
without change mostly which is actually another thing I like. I think he's the only MC that I've seen in anime that doesn't change his ideals or way of life or anything because of something that happened.
I have to say that is quite a feat in its self.

So I guess once again just like season 1 the last episode
didn't need to be watched because it's just Keima playing with his mind again.

This season did help me overcome one of my cons with the show. I always hated that each capture that Keima did would
not appear again. I think this was the first time that a past capture appeared and was part of the story. She didn't do anything huge but just tell Keima that he needs to help her friend, but still it's something.
Also I guess the introduction of a new
soul reaper
was good too, it added some much needed side story to the show. While she isn't as good as
Elsie it's always nice to add an extra character to add story to the show.

So overall it was a pretty neat season and had some pretty interesting captures
I give it
4 Chibi Elsie's/5

Now I just have to watch the Tenhri-hen special and I'll be all caught up.

zeroshiki

You guys better hope it bombs HARD so the BD comes out sooner :p

One Piece Film Z is only just coming out despite opening last December :lol

The waiting game continues...

Ojamajo Doremi # - 10

A new semester starts...

VwQ446g.jpg

Toki wo kakeru Ai-chan

Nobu-chan with her new work after classics like Detective Teen Takegawa and...
her Ai x Nobuhiko ships continues strong, Hazuki breaking the 4th wall using magic and Onpu-chan fake clímax makes the story longer than it needed to be.

Defuser

Awww yeah!! A few more hours till Valvrav...oh

Oh well, at least there is Hataraku Maou sa....oh

Devil Survivor 2 better be.........dammit.

WRRRYYY!!!!!

cnet128

Banned
Awww yeah!! A few more hours till Valvrav...oh

Oh well, at least there is Hataraku Maou sa....oh

Devil Survivor 2 better be.........dammit.

WRRRYYY!!!!!

Adjusting to a new season is always hard.

But it's the first Thursday of the Summer season, which means NEW ANIME EVERYWHERE!

Majestic Prince 13
BOVqbqiCAAI7JVx.png

Nice start. OP song, PROMPT, could have had better vocals but the instrumental part and visuals were good. The ED song (I guess its Tamaki and Kei) singing? is alright. Black 6 is definitely second best unit
but to completely destroy Klein (thankfully not killed) was impressive. Ange personality could use some work but is a breath of fresh air to the cast. Hope he/she stays around

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
MJP 13

K.... that was... I don't even know. Transitions, or lack thereof, sucked. Kei all over Izuru. Ange probably a Wulguru hybrid moreso than the others, etc etc. Just... I don't know. whatever.

So Aku no Hana has whetted my appetite for dark, atmospheric anime. I have an idea of what I'd like to watch in that regard, but I thought I'd put out a general call to see if there's anything I would have overlooked. So, AnimeGAF, what are your favorite dark, moody anime?

Ellen Lied. The atmosphere is absolutely perfect as is the soundtrack.

Krogan

What are some of the better English dubs, I thought the Ouran, School Rumble and Steins;Gate dubs were great. The English dub for Hajime no Ippo and Haganai English trailer were unbearable compared to the original voices.

What are some of the better English dubs, I thought the Ouran, School Rumble and Steins;Gate dubs were great. The English dub for Hajime no Ippo and Haganai English trailer were unbearable compared to the original voices.

two words:

Infinite Stratos

The English dub version is the only reason why you should watch IS.

I always thought The Great Teacher Onizuka had a pretty great English dub, though I don't think many have seen or even remember this show. I have the DVD and I remember preferring the English over the Japanese voices.

cnet128

Banned
I always thought The Great Teacher Onizuka had a pretty great English dub, though I don't think many have seen or even remember this show. I have the DVD and I remember preferring the English over the Japanese voices.

I remember that show!

haven't actually seen it though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom