• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Dogs are disgusting creatures.
2) Girls acting like dogs, on the other hand, can be kind of cute.
3) Girls acting like cats, however, are almost always cuter.

Since almost all the exceptions to Point 3 involve situations too lewd to be shown in public, I posit that dog girls should be restricted to appearing only in R-18 material, and cat girls should instead proliferate.

What's with the dog hate? Even if you hate them, they will love you unconditionally. A cat will just ignore/attack you. Catgirls are wildly inaccurate because they're often nice. Doggirls on the other hand generally represent the animal they're trying to emulate since they generally aren't jerks.

What's with the dog hate? Even if you hate them, they will love you unconditionally. A cat will just ignore/attack you. Catgirls are wildly inaccurate because they're often nice. Doggirls on the other hand generally represent the animal they're trying to emulate since they generally aren't jerks.

Cats are also synonymous with pussy, so there's that.

Shes all the best qualities of a dog except she conveniently shits in a box and doesnt have to be walked. Plus, shes definitely cuter than a dog.
I am biased of course.

More evidence cats encourage laziness, hence why it's an internet phenomenon.

I'm pretty sure you can train a dog to shit in a box too. Who wouldn't want a girl to smell your crotch and ass? Sounds great!

Are there any dog girls who act dog like? I think it's just a visual gimmick for the most time.

Most of the dog girls in Wanko to Kurasou, some of the ones in Dog Days, the ones in Inumimi, the main character of Guru Guru Pon-chan (at least at first), the one in Perowan to a small extent.

And that's pretty much all the prominent dog-girl stuff out there minus Inukami, where they don't act like dogs at all outside the occasional tail-wagging.

cajunator

Banned
Are there any dog girls who act dog like? I think it's just a visual gimmick for the most time.

Nana from Angel Tales
9180-641412933.jpg

There are some great portrayals of cats in anime/manga (Chi's Sweet Home, Poyopoyo, Tonnura-san), but I'm not aware of anything similar focused on a dog. The industry is clearly biased.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I've never seen an anime that accurately depicts typical dog/cat behavior. In fact, this applies to virtually all media. Genuinely hating either animal is dumb and I'm convinced that most people who profess to do so have had their experiences with the animal colored by what fiction says is "true" about those animals.

Stuff like the Sylvester & Tweety/Tom & Jerry cartoons from the 50s are probably why the public is generally less bothered by cruelty toward cats than cruelty toward dogs, for instance.

Jex

[Digimon Tamers] 01 (Rewatch)

[...]
The episode was boring otherwise, and Takato being a total wimp/nerd can get annoying (although not as annoying as Calumon's speech impediment). I remember this show having a very slow start.
I hope you're watching it in the original Japanese!

Although, I must ask, why are you watching this particular title when there are so many great anime titles to be viewed?

cajunator

Banned
I've never seen an anime that accurately depicts typical dog/cat behavior. In fact, this applies to virtually all media. Genuinely hating either animal is dumb and I'm convinced that most people who profess to do so have had their experiences with the animal colored by what fiction says is "true" about those animals.

Stuff like the Sylvester & Tweety/Tom & Jerry cartoons from the 50s are probably why the public is generally less bothered by cruelty toward cats than cruelty toward dogs, for instance.

Pretty much. I have a bad BAD petrifying phobia of many kinds of dog but I can acknowledge that some breeds are quite docile wonderful pets. Of course, certain kinds scare me shitless.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You can't expect an animal that has become humanized to some degree to retain all behavior of the original, much like how humans don't necessarily preserve all behavior seen in other apes--although a lot sticks around.

Cats are also synonymous with pussy, so there's that.

I was always quite fond of the fox and wolf associated anime characters myself. I blame Kanokon, Spice and Wolf, and Inukami for this :(

cajunator

Banned
I dont think anyone wants to see ANY character, catgirl, doggirl or otherwise, use the restroom in anime. The whole peeing fetish thing is bad enough (Im talking about you Elfen Lied and Juden-chan)

I'm bothered by cruelty toward cats as well. I don't actually hate the animal, but there are some clear differences between them and dogs that makes me lean toward liking the latter more. Nothing is absolute of course; animals have their own individual personalities that extend beyond the common observations and known instinctual behavior of both, but I'd generally take the friendly and social dog with easily recognizable social cues over the solitary cat that stereo typically tends to "just be there".

Also, I'm severely allergic to cats.

Most of the dog girls in Wanko to Kurasou, some of the ones in Dog Days, the ones in Inumimi, the main character of Guru Guru Pon-chan (at least at first), the one in Perowan to a small extent.

And that's pretty much all the prominent dog-girl stuff out there minus Inukami, where they don't act like dogs at all outside the occasional tail-wagging.

Nana from Angel Tales
http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/thumbs/200/9180-641412933.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I guess I'm watching the wrong shows.

Though I prefer it if the animal thing is more a visual gimmick.

Eureka Seven: AO Episode 2 (rewatch, dubwatch)

Georg doesn't sound like I expected, kind of way to happy in this and maybe even too human. Also why does every granny character in a Funi anime always sound the same...

cajunator

Banned
I guess I'm watching the wrong shows.

Angel Tales is a harem/semi magical girl show with a bunch of cute girls who used to be pets belonging to what is possibly the worst pet owner of all time but they loved him for whatever reason and come back to him as "angels" to help him out. Its actually pretty cute. the girls actually act stereotypical to their animal soul, which means the cat and dog dont get along, the hampster loves to eat and is adorable, and the rabbit girl wants to fuck the MC all the time. Its pretty entertaining. Stay the hell away from season 2 though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
No kidding, he went from a logical breakdown of the show with great observations to pure gushing over Homura. I mean she IS the best part of the show and all but it was a jarring change in his videos. Seeing an AMV of meguca set to TIme After Time made my day though.

Liked the dub vs sub thing at the end. He must have gotten some shit from diehards about using dub clips.

Articalys

According to an ongoing AX industry panel about streaming anime, more people from America than Japan are watching shows on the Anime Bancho Youtube channel, such as Inferno Cop.

Theonik

trejo

Free! 1

Dat DTL.

Dat delicious upper body.

Dem shark teeth.

Who knew Dude-On! could be so compelling? Shame there's so many disgusting females, tho.

/XX/

Is team visor/goggles rising in opposition to team Kamina shades now? I might have to go avatar-hunting if that's the case.

e: not much good art out there, sadly.
Hito: the visor search failed. I know that my next avatar will be a Sailor Moon avatar, but I know not what or when.
Wait, are you searching for characters with visors, characters from Sailor Moon or both things combined? Maybe I can't bring you good news but I can help you search for nice illustrations!

Kino's Journey 12

Geez that was painful to watch.
Not just the one-sided massacre, but the mentality of the militant countries. It's unsettling that it's a part of their culture, accepted by all of the citizens. It's like that movie The Purge that came out last month, where people just HAVE to have an outlet for their desire to kill. The tournament touched on a similar facet of human nature (the thrill of the fight), but this is much more sinister. At least the king in that arc didn't beat around the bush about his urge to kill. These guys' justification is just the worst. All of their arguments can also be applied to the innocent tribes people, who also express the need for a violent outlet after their suffering, which shows that there is no equalizer to war. The ripple affect is also seen here. Whereas the tournamet arc shows a vicious cycle of revenge across the family lineage, this episode presents a 'violence breeds more violence' effect, regardless of whether the people of the prospering country choose to remain ignorant. It starts at home, moves into neighboring civilizations, and then its reach comes to affect travelers like Kino. That's the real curse of war.

cajunator

Banned

Jex

According to an ongoing AX industry panel about streaming anime, more people from American than Japan are watching shows on the Anime Bancho Youtube channel, such as Inferno Cop.

If only streaming was a better source of revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom