• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Relevant Sentai Q&A

Q: For Girls und Panzer, will there be horrible accents dubbed in?
A: I don't think there will be, normal ADR director and cast isn't decided yet. The dub they showed in the trailer was just the first episode made exclusively for showing at AX.
We better get accents dub whether it fits or not. Also I can't imagine watching GuP without pig German. The thought is too much to bear even.

cajunator

Banned
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yes. VICTORY!

First big announcement up from Sentai: license rescue for Divergence Eve and Yumeria.

Also the Gatchaman license is part of a larger deal with Tatsunoko for a lot of their back catalog, including Casshern. More details to come later.

November release slate now includes Hiiro no Kakera S2, Nakaimo, HotD OVA and Arcana Famiglia all on BD/DVD, and Little Busters on DVD only.

Chuunibyou will be BD/DVD (of course) sometime early next year.

Girls und Panzer confirmed for getting dubbed (another obvious one). No other release details yet.

That seems to be it for announcements.

Yumeria :D
Mone mone!

Just do it! (This feels like a daily ritual now)

SOON

Theonik

I watched a DEEN show, and it wasn't miserable.

Is... Is the world ending?
Yes. Give me all your stuff!
Joking aside I'm as surprised as you are. I suppose it's also because expectations are pretty low and they have plenty of time to mess it up.

I think it was also the first time you could see parts of the Shaft studio and some normal employees.

You could smell the fairy dust.
That's not fairy dust. That's Cocaine they got with all the .*monogatari money.

Jintor

Wolf Children English Cast

CHARACTER - ACTOR
Hana - Colleen Clinkenbeard
Ame (child) - Allison Viktorin
Ame - Michah Solusod
Yuki (child) - Lara Woodhull
Yuki - Jad Saxton
Ookami (the father) - David Mantranga
Grandpa Nirasaki - Jerry Russell
Souhei - Jason Liebrecht

ADR Director – Mike McFarland

Funimationnnn

Tenumi

Banned
I'm gone for a while for supper and come back to several 100 post pages...

Arigatou Hitokage-san, I learned a lot!
TL Note: Arigatou means Thank you, but should not be translated to maintain the deep cultural nuance associated with the word.
TL Note 2: San can be translated as Mr. however there is not English equivalent for honorific so it's kept as is to maintain the cultural context of this document.
TL Note 2 (cont.): An honorific title is a word or expression with connotations conveying esteem or respect when used in addressing or referring to a person. Sometimes, the term "honorific" is used in a more specific sense to refer to an honorary academic title. It is also often conflated with systems of honorific speech in linguistics, which are grammatical or morphological ways of encoding the relative social status of speakers
Japanese honorifics are similar to English titles like "Mister" and "Miss", but in Japanese, which has many honorifics, their use is mandatory in many formal and informal social situations. Japanese grammar as a whole tends to function on hierarchy — honorific stems are appended to verbs and many nouns primarily names, and in many cases one word may be exchanged for another word entirely with the same verb- or noun-meaning, but with different honorific connotations.(via wiki)

...And now I'm having nightmares of entering the Toku sub scene.
Goddangit TV-Nihon...

Theonik

Fetishes do wild things to people man.
image.php

...And now I'm having nightmares of entering the Toku sub scene.
Goddangit TV-Nihon...
My mission here is done.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Going Home Club - 01

cei3W9R.png
jaAEj6E.jpg

sSKLg8T.png
InQNWjm.png

:SDBurton we in there!!

Holy shit was this funny. Love the characters and the lead plays a great straightman. May be a possible sleeper hit for this summer season. Get hype!

Articalys

First announcement out of the gate for Aniplex USA: Magi is coming to Neon Alley later this fall. That implies a dub, of course.
They're also doing Magi auditions at the AX Bang Zoom booth (for a single-line bit part, presumably).

cnet128

Banned
Goddangit TV-Nihon...

The word you're looking for is "onore".

Love Lab 1

Okay, so the OP was giving me all kinds of déjà vu, it was really bothering me, but in the end I worked out what was going on. It's like if somebody took the original Minami-ke OP, and mixed in shades of the first Hidamari Sketch OP. It's not as good as either of them, of course, but similarities to such good themes can hardly be a bad thing either.

Thoughts on the actual episode: the two main girls (well, they might as well be the only girls at this point) make a really good comedy duo. Maki's wild flights of fantasy always hit just the right spot of simultaneously adorable and ridiculous, and Riko is always right there to deliver an (often violent) tsukkomi with perfect timing, as well as serving as a wonderful victim to some of Maki's more...dangerous failures.

And of course as is inevitable considering the nature of the show's content, all of the two girls' interactions are thoroughly faux-yuri-tastic. So that's delicious too.

One final point that really needs to be mentioned is the animation, which is absolutely top-notch. It's not in-your-face showing off or anything, it's just subtly perfect in every way. The characters move fluidly and expressively like it was the most natural thing in the world. Approved.

cajunator

Banned
I'm aware, but I assumed you meant Aruru was superior because Miyukichi and other things.

Miyuki sawashiro did Araruus voice? Ok now I gotta go back and watch it more carefully.

Talk about position 1.

#2 is cutest

Just do it already

Cat girls vs Dog girls
Dark Elf Girls vs Normal Elf girls.
Quality discussion.

Correct.

I wiiiiill. Maybe while on vacation or something. Cant really watch anything on my work week.

cajunator

Banned
I watched a DEEN show, and it wasn't miserable.

Is... Is the world ending?

No. There are plenty of enjoyable Deen shows.

Going Home Club - 01

Holy shit was this funny. Love the characters and the lead plays a great straightman. May be a possible sleeper hit for this summer season. Get hype!

This looks adorable and must see too. I wish I had more time and less ADD.

First announcement out of the gate for Aniplex USA: Magi is coming to Neon Alley later this fall. That implies a dub, of course.
They're also doing Magi auditions at the AX Bang Zoom booth (for a single-line bit part, presumably).

Hopefully they fix the dance :(

Quasar

Well I finished Usagi Drop and I have to say I liked how it played it. It was a pretty nice first chapter. There was actually more Yukari in the final group of episodes than I expected. Still am surprised they didn't touch on Daichiki potentially dating Yukari though, even if it was just to have him turned down, or have it show Rin being unhappy about it or whatever.

Though despite already knowing where the manga stories goes (and I'll admit after watching Koi Kaze I am kind of curious to know how its treated) I guess that final bunch make me feel like in the anime version there would be a relationship or an attempt at one down the line.

Also started watching Kurenai. It seems I've a bit of a thing for stories of guys taking over the parenting duties of children. Watched this, Usagi Drop, Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! and Koi Kaze in the recent past. I think that is saying something abut me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom