• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattori

Banned
You were at least amused by the flying space lotuses and the exorcism, right?

:lol those were definitely entertaining but it's a bit low on the crazy scale I've come to expect from Happy Science. Hopefully the next the next one, Golden Laws I believe, can bring the insanity back.

ibklsLQBCVQUsl.gif

Cwarrior

What's with the dog hate? Even if you hate them, they will love you unconditionally. A cat will just ignore/attack you. Catgirls are wildly inaccurate because they're often nice. Doggirls on the other hand generally represent the animal they're trying to emulate since they generally aren't jerks.

Sounds like you met my cat his selfish and attacks people for no apparent reason, cause he feels like it.

Hattori

Banned
Aw, you missed the opportunity to watch the dub, which definitely adds to the experience. Then again, so does what you mentioned.

You're right, the english dubs do give a more campy and humorous vibe compared to the original dubs. I'm plan to watch the rest with english dubs from here on for maximum amusement.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You just want to say she is a dog so you can then lead up to a post where you post the phrase "unleash the dogs of war". Don't think we can't see that coming a mile off.

Are you familiar with the franchise at all? Is this something that's newcomer-friendly? Is Hina still annoying?

I'm only vaguely aware of the franchise prior to this, and haven't read any of the manga or seen any of the previous anime. From what I understand, the first episode is basically a summary of the events of the first manga before the second episode goes on to start on the events of the second manga series which this anime is focusing on. So it's fairly brisk and not fleshed out enough to be as newcomer friendly as it could be. But from my perspective, and keeping in mind that my Japanese is not good enough to following everything being said, I felt like the directing was slick enough and the salient points were gotten across well enough that I enjoyed it and wasn't totally lost.

I wasn't able to keep track of the names beyond Jun and Shinku, so I can't help you with Hina. The doll I posted earlier was the only one I found particularly annoying.

LQ video of new Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Rebellion Story PV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Xb-R3MGeIJE#t=142s

I don't know how they can continue the Madoka Magica storyline, but all I ask of this movie is one thing.
The characters have been through enough shit Urobuchi. Some of those screens I see show potential for very happy moments. If this film does not have a happy ending of any sort that somehow makes good sense, there will not be enough Giga Drill Breakers to show my madness. Well we all know Sayaka is going to end up getting the "fuck you, got mine" treatment because Urobuchi loves torturing her.

Urobuchi is writing this right?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
hmm, not sure if I like this yet. The amount of good Makoto art on pixiv is pathetic.
Like with anything else on pixiv, it takes a bit of digging. I went through a ton of pages before settling on the source for my current av.

Also, why remove the background on that one?

Wouldn't mind if I could increase the amount of images displayed on Pixiv personally. Would make digging through for Precure stuff easier and less stressful.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Like with anything else on pixiv, it takes a bit of digging.

Also, why remove the background on that one?

It's just a white background, making it too easy to cut out with the magic wand tool not to remove.

I went through the entire Kino Makoto and Sailor Jupiter tags and I just don't feel like wading through all of the full ensemble pictures right now. I actually think it's okay, even if no visor :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom