• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh sure, y'all ignore my seven-paragraph review of the first episode, but when miladesn posts a single line about it suddenly you're interested xp
You should have paid more attention to Arti-kun's poll results. 92% of animeGAF doesn't read posts that are more than 5 lines long.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hmm... does Tomoe wear safety goggles at any point? He could!

His glasses/pentagram monocle are better than goggles anyway.

Also, I'm pretty disappointed that there is one good piece of Tomoe fanart on the entire internet. What the fuck, Japan?

@Love Lab 1

Best first episode of the season so far. Cute girls doing sakuga things; dat hair.

So basically, Love Lab is this season's Love Live? I'm beginning to see a pattern here...

Cat tail movement generally means it's pissed at you for whatever reason (or no reason at all). Not very moe.

Depending on the position and type of movement, it can also express curiosity, happiness, or playfulness. Angry cat tail movement almost always a result of direct provocation.

:lol those were definitely entertaining but it's a bit low on the crazy scale I've come to expect from Happy Science. Hopefully the next the next one, Golden Laws I believe, can bring the insanity back.

Golden Laws has my favorite scene in the pentology. You'll probably know it when you see it.

dark elf girls > regular elf girls

This is an unconditional metaphysical truth.

Dresden

I feel more american now

qxp3VD8.jpg

Theonik

Who reads posts anymore? You can just get by looking at the avatars.
You make it sound like we're total asses.
It's not all about the quantity of fur or movement, it's about the quality. That dog tail looks fluffy, sure, but in a way that's rough, all over the place, and generally bleh. The cat tail by contrast looks silky smooth, soft and delicious. Just the thought of running my fingers through that fur is mesmerising.

Similarly, the dog tail is energetic and stuff, but it's just making boring side-to-side wagging movements. Sure that could be considered cute or erotic, but to no greater or lesser an extent than could be achieved by just waggling the goddamn butt with no tail involved. The cat tail, on the other hand, has a beauty of movement all its own. No contest.
Fully agreed. Dog fur is terrible.

I'm only vaguely aware of the franchise prior to this, and haven't read any of the manga or seen any of the previous anime. From what I understand, the first episode is basically a summary of the events of the first manga before the second episode goes on to start on the events of the second manga series which this anime is focusing on. So it's fairly brisk and not fleshed out enough to be as newcomer friendly as it could be. But from my perspective, and keeping in mind that my Japanese is not good enough to following everything being said, I felt like the directing was slick enough and the salient points were gotten across well enough that I enjoyed it and wasn't totally lost.

I wasn't able to keep track of the names beyond Jun and Shinku, so I can't help you with Hina. The doll I posted earlier was the only one I found particularly annoying.

Sounds like you should watch the first 2 seasons if you're interested in following it.

Articalys

First big announcement up from Sentai: license rescue for Divergence Eve and Yumeria.

Also the Gatchaman license is part of a larger deal with Tatsunoko for a lot of their back catalog, including Casshern. More details to come later.

November release slate now includes Hiiro no Kakera S2, Nakaimo, HotD OVA and Arcana Famiglia all on BD/DVD, and Little Busters on DVD only.

Chuunibyou will be BD/DVD (of course) sometime early next year.

Girls und Panzer confirmed for getting dubbed (another obvious one). No other release details yet.

That seems to be it for announcements.

Sounds like you should watch the first 2 seasons if you're interested in following it.

No way, the first 2 seasons don't look so hot and apparently don't follow the events of the manga, so don't match up with this season anyway.

The plot seems a bit too convoluted for its own good anyway (crossover between two alternate worlds), so I'm not really going to care about the details as long as the show nails the right tone.

jbug617

Banned
First big announcement up from Sentai: license rescue for Divergence Eve and Yumeria.

Also the Gatchaman license is part of a larger deal with Tatsunoko for a lot of their back catalog, including Casshern.

November release slate now includes Hiiro no Kakera S2, Nakaimo, Arcana Famiglia on BD/DVD, and Little Busters on DVD only.

Would love to see more Tatsunoko stuff.

Shocked that Little Busters is DVD only though.

Nudull

Banned
Android Kikaider: The Animation - 01-13 (END)

This was certainly as good as I remembered from the few times I've seen the dub on Adult Swim. The art was nice, most of the characters and cast were likable and while the story didn't wow me as much as I hoped, it was still fun. Don't know when I'll check out the Kikaider 01 OVA, my current backlog's getting big as it is. :p

Funimation is bringing out Sakura Wars on Blu-ray. Geneon Dub included. They also got the rights to the movie.

Oh, snap. Will definitely get. :)

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Also the Gatchaman license is part of a larger deal with Tatsunoko for a lot of their back catalog, including Casshern. More details to come later.

November release slate now includes Hiiro no Kakera S2, Nakaimo, and Arcana Famiglia all on BD/DVD, and Little Busters on DVD only.

Chuunibyou will be BD/DVD (of course) sometime early next year.

Girls und Panzer confirmed for getting dubbed (another obvious one). No other release details yet.

Still no Jinrui update. zetsuboushita

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Going Home Club 1

Yeah, I really liked this. Ahoge girl and fake-Mugi were the best. I suppose it doesn't do much differently from other CGDCT shows, but hey, I'm not complaining. It made me laugh, and that's all I was looking for. :D

I'm kinda disappointed at the impressions I'm seeing at Danganropa, it kinda makes me not hyped to watch the first episode now. I haven't played the game though so i may not really have a huge expectation for it, but it still makes me worried. Guess I'll dive into it in a little while.

You watched that?

Could not get past the first few minutes because of the MC looking like an elementary schooler.

I really really hated how they made the MC look. I almost dropped it too after seeing the MC but I loved the art of the show. It made the girls in it look way better then in most ecchi anime I've seen.

cajunator

Banned
My weakness!

I suppose an argument can be made for that given all children of the Canis family can cross-breed. Still!

Im really gonna have to watch this show.

In a world full of dogs vs cats, who represents the rabbits?
rIm1uHfl.jpg

Getsumen to heiki minna!

Obviously I didn't keep certain breeds in mind but this:

While arousing, is not very fuwafuwa at all.

Fuwafuwa kimochi etc.

You have a good argument here.

Cat tail movement generally means it's pissed at you for whatever reason (or no reason at all). Not very moe.

Not true. At least not with my cat. Seems to indicate curiosity.

Did we ever even find out what she was supposed to be? Dog, fox, cat or wolf?

Doesnt matter!

Midonin

Kitakubu 01

I was laughing all throughout this one. The presence of Luka-seal (no joke, that is Mao Ichimichi aka GokaiYellow as the loose seal) was mostly non-intrusive, and entirely hilarious. Like Ume from Hidamari Sketch if she was slightly more involved instead of just hanging out on the rooftop. The premature ending gag also killed it for me. The summer season is off to a really, really strong start.

Articalys

Relevant Sentai Q&A

Q: For Girls und Panzer, will there be horrible accents dubbed in?
A: I don't think there will be, normal ADR director and cast isn't decided yet. The dub they showed in the trailer was just the first episode made exclusively for showing at AX.

Q: Confirm that Little Busters was DVD only?
A: Yes for now, but BD approval is pending. Definitely want to do it.

Q: Will Garden of Words get an academy qualifying theater run?
A: I don't think so

Q: OVA's and extras for Panzer?
A: Good question... honestly don't know the answer right now.. but if you go by the Section 23 booth, I can check and see if i can find out

Q: Katyusha song included in the BD?
A: I don't know

Q: You said you were fixing the previous defective releases, but you've only done Kids on the Slope, what others and when?
A: I would have to check with Seraphin

IS tier dub or bust!
(Although they are all Japanese.)

A: I don't think there will be, main ADR director isn't decided yet. The dub they showed in the trailer was made just for AX.

boring...

cajunator

Banned

Yup. Eruruu from Utawarerumono. See also little sister Aruruu.

I do like that Servant x Service is meeting my "ridiculously expressive hair antennae" quota for the season so far.

Oh shit. Now you got my attention.

Damn you drive a hard bargain there.

Deedlit is superior.

Oh, this press release came out of nowhere.

Funimation picked up the Hal and 009 Re:Cyborg movies, and they'll also be simulcasting Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-04/funimation-adds-hal-009-re-cyborg-films

Niiiiice :D

Rolling post for relevant Sentai Q&A

A: I don't think there will be, normal ADR director and cast isn't decided yet. The dub they showed in the trailer was just the first episode made exclusively for showing at AX.

Booo no accents, yaaay dub!

Hattori

Banned
Servant x Service First Impressions:

Very entertaining first episode. The characters remind me of Working!, the main protag is cute and very :chet, and most of the characters are likable. The premise is ridiculous but it's pretty much up my alley. Most likely going to be a mainstay for my summer lineup.

Pooya

Up to what point of the game does the first episode cover? I'm a little bit into chapter 1 and I don't want to spoil myself if it goes past that.

I too think one should just stick with the game at this point.

Being first episode, of course it was mainly character introductions. I don't think it will spoil anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom