• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

C3-Bu

Zzzz, even when they're done talking the game itself wasn't exciting. It's just random scenes of running around and shooting, you don't actually see in which direction they're shooting or anything. Doesn't feel like a game like, say a match in GuP does where you know where everyone is and how their strategy is being executed etc. Not every exciting yet, maybe it gets better later.

It looks meh too, bad colors and I feel perspective is weird in some scenes like the one with the table and school corridors, everything looks big or too wide. That ED, LOL. Characters themselves are decent I guess.

18aslp.jpg

I'll still keep watching this, hoping for best.

BluWacky

There's a relatively interesting article on hikikomori on the BBC website today, if anyone's interested. It references Welcome to the NHK as an example.

There's a slight demonisation of both hikikomori and otaku in the sidebar which made me a little sad, but mostly the article is a good read.

Thoraxes

Sweet gods of anime I forgot S2 of Symphogear is this season!

FUCK YES MORE CHRIS

It was my unexpected surprise last year and I ended up liking the show a lot.

Symphogear G 1

This is still that entertainingly dumb action show with incredibly catchy insert songs, now with Yoko Hikasa and Sugita.

I'll be watching this mainly because I want that villain voiced by Miyukichi to reappear in the dumbest way possible. Because I know this show is capable of it!

Jarmel

Banned
Aku no Hana- S1 fin?

Welp that's done. This was definitely a different experience. I emphasize different because I'm not sure if some stuff was well done or not. I had an interesting discussion with one of my friends and we were arguing about whether being different is enough. In the end we both agreed that it's the execution. So in that regards I think the show succeeded in certain areas but also failed as well, mainly in regards to visuals and rotoscoping. I don't think the rotoscoping in of itself was done well but even in it's form as it stands, the different artstyle does add a lot of emotion to the more dynamic scenes and even some of the quieter ones. I do appreciate elements of the show mainly in regards to how realistic the characters look, when they have faces anyway. This ties into the main success of the show, being that of the atmosphere. The atmosphere was very palpable and better realized than most horror films. This was definitely a psychological show and the slower moments utilized that fairly well. I think the sound direction was pretty noteworthy in that it really added to certain scenes through the use of discordant noises. As for the soundtrack, I think this falls under less is more. I also think this was really well directed for the most part in that the director had a clear vision and come hell or high water, he was going to see it through. The pacing is on the slow side which never really bothered me but I could see that being an issue for a lot of people. Ultimately I think this was a success but not without a few caveats.

One thing I really disliked though was near the end of the episode and the flashforward montage. It just feels like an unnecessary tease and done as a big "Buy the manga you shiteaters!" banner.

jgminto

Servant X Service 1

It was alright. The characters had a fun dynamic. I just wish the comedy was a little more muted and cynical. I also wish the whole show looked like the OP, that would be super interesting. I'll keep watching though.

Erigu

Apparently the newest issue of Newtype is confirming that Hanamonogatari won't be part of the upcoming Monogatari Series Second Season TV broadcast and will be shown afterwards in some other form, apparently because they wanted to maintain the chronological order of the stories
Well... They can't really do that. But yeah, Hanamonogatari (Kanbaru's story) takes place a while after the others, so...

Apparently the newest issue of Newtype is confirming that Hanamonogatari won't be part of the upcoming Monogatari Series Second Season TV broadcast and will be shown afterwards in some other form, apparently because they wanted to maintain the chronological order of the stories but also have Koimonogatari at the end of the year.

No Kanbaru arc this season?

J8QLOzS.gif

kewlmyc

DanganRonpa The Animation - 1

29.jpg

Everything I expected. Mostly everything has been spot on so far. Can't wait to see some of the later scenes animated. Props for using the original OST from the games. The ED is catchy also.

Apparently the newest issue of Newtype is confirming that Hanamonogatari won't be part of the upcoming Monogatari Series Second Season TV broadcast and will be shown afterwards in some other form, apparently because they wanted to maintain the chronological order of the stories but also have Koimonogatari at the end of the year.

It was more or less stealth announced on the official Monogatari S2 website for some time now.

Sad for all the Kanbaru fans, though.

Thoraxes

Symphogear G - 01

Hell yeah motherfucker, we're back!

bMtQEhZ.gif

WE BACK. DEM SEXY TRANSFORMATIONS. DEM GARDENS. DAT NOISE. DAT MUSIC. DAT CHRIS.

It feels good to be back.

And
I SWEAR IT WAS HER ON THE PHONE YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

And that fucking end twist how the fuck did she get Gungnir?! This season is gonna be really sweet.

xcH3oW0.jpg
D8yfsaE.jpg

EjQNoaB.jpg
HgGXs24.jpg

Articalys

It was more or less stealth announced on the official Monogatari S2 website for some time now.

Sad for all the Kanbaru fans, though.
I had heard about that, but how did people figure it? On the story page, at least, they have all six books in publishing order right now.

I mean, it's gone from AoA's site but still there on the JP site.

Oh, I see it's gone from the BD/DVD page on the JP site too... do they have no sense of consistency?

Articalys

Okay, I know there were posts in the thread before talking about how the story arc had been cut but I can't find them. Can anyone please point me towards them?

I had heard about that, but how did people figure it? On the story page, at least, they have all six books in publishing order right now.

I mean, it's gone from AoA's site but still there on the JP site.

Oh, I see it's gone from the BD/DVD page on the JP site too... do they have no sense of consistency?

Well, it makes sense that Hanamonogatari is part of the story section. They will just deliever this arc after the second season.

Though the question is if it will reduce the episodes count of Monogatari S2 or it they will use two full seasons to animate 5 of the 6 books.

Articalys

Well, it makes sense that Hanamonogatari is part of the story section. They will just deliever this arc after the second season.

Though the question is if it will reduce the episodes count of Monogatari S2 or it they will use two full seasons to animate 5 of the 6 books.
But what was the "stealth announce" so that somehow everyone knew about it? Removing the story from the BD page?

When did this happen?

And the rest of the article seems to imply that they'll expand the other arcs to fill the full 2cour time, I think.

Erigu

the question is if it will reduce the episodes count of Monogatari S2 or it they will use two full seasons to animate 5 of the 6 books.
They explained that two cours weren't enough for the six books, and that's the reason they postponed Hanamonogatari.

But what was the "stealth announce" so that somehow everyone knew about it? Removing the story from the BD page?

When did this happen?

And the rest of the article seems to imply that they'll expand the other arcs to fill the full 2cour time, I think.

I don't know it exactly but I think the BD section was online for some time with just 5 of the 6 arcs.
And all the PR stuff for the streaming sites didn't include Hanamonogatari.

Articalys

I don't know it exactly but I think the BD section was online for some time with just 5 of the 6 arcs.
And all the PR stuff for the streaming sites didn't include Hanamonogatari.
...huh. That's awfully weird to do all that for months, leaving evidence all over the place, and yet not officially announce that it won't be part of the TV broadcast until now.

Knights of Sidonia trailer.

Get ready for hot CG mecha action.

Where are the characters that I saw in awesome fanarts :/. Looks innovative, bold, and cutting-edge. Hopefully the source material isnt weak.

Is anyone subscribed to Funimations site for streaming? Would you say it's worth it?

I think its worth it for watching all their dubs and such day 1 or even before, its how I saw panty and stocking, fairytail, eureka seven ao, eden of the east, baka & test, welcome to the nhk (think thats free for all now). No commerials and hd simulcasts and kindle fire hd app additionally make it even better.

Though I pay for funi, hulu, and crunchyroll.

Lately their site hasn't been working well (I can't get HD video for Red Data Girl to play at all) but supposedly they're re-launching this month.
Whether it's worth it or not is a matter of looking through their catalog or simulcasts and seeing if there's something you want to see in HD or that's exclusive to paid members.
With a few exceptions, Funimation stuff isn't on Crunchyroll or TheAnimeNetwork, but they do have (some of?) their stuff on Hulu (in SD) and on their Youtube channel.

Have you tried it recently, its been rather stable this whole week once they posted about removing the forums and launching a whole new site end of Sumner.

Theonik

More handsome and better animated than all the Frees:

https://i.minus.com/ibbrogNIea9Zh7.gif
That's not very hard!

Your faith in your ability to counter any hardship at work with cute is truly impressive.
Cajun is very anime. He has the deus ex machina optimism nailed down to a T.

Yuri in a frame of yuri.

e: unless you just mean that Makoto has more "talent" :lol
You know the answer to that.

I dunno. Put the new visor on my avy and I can compare them.
You already have shades. You made your choice.

http://i.imgur.com/vlMzjpG.png

row row fight the powa
Who the hell do you think you are?
what is this show anyway

BluWacky

First news out of the noitaminA conference is that Silver Spoon is a split cour show, with the second half airing from january 2014.

Didn't see that one coming!

Articalys

New Kill la Kill characters enter the stage:

I'll let someone else fluent translate their names/positions. EDIT: thanks to cnet128's post below.
First news out of the noitaminA conference is that Silver Spoon is a split cour show, with the second half airing from january 2014.

Didn't see that one coming!
That's great, glad to have more of the series animated than we thought.

wonzo

Banned
One of the blank timeslot spaces for the unannounced noitaminA series' seems to be a 2-cour thing. I wonder what it could be!

e_i

Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu - 01

So this is what you get when you mix, yuri, airsoft guns, and jazz music together. Fucking amazing. This summer is turning out to be a lot better than I expected. SDBurton approved. Get on it people!

Cake...good for baiting high schools everytime ~desu.

BluWacky

Isn't it supposed to be Silver Spoon?

Nope - Silver Spoon airs half in the summer, and half next winter. At the moment they're prattling on about AnoHana, but there are still two slots left to fill according to the chart they've shown at the conference:

i) A one-season show in October
ii) A two-season show starting in October and finishing in March

duckroll

Really looking forward to Silver Spoon being 2-cours. Should be tons of fun. It also means they'll get to cover some of the more dramatic parts of the character acts later. It's going to be great!

cnet128

Banned
We still get the best girl in Otorimonogatari, so don't worry guys.

I think you mean Kabukimonogatari.

New Kill la Kill characters enter the stage:

Yessssssss

s1EFaAp.jpg

本能字学園生徒会長: 鬼龍院皐月 (きりゅういんさつき)
文化部統括委員長: 蛇崩乃音 (じゃくずれののん)
情報戦略部委員長: 犬牟田宝火 (いぬむたほうか)
風紀部委員長: 蟇郡苛 (がまごおりいら)
運動部統括委員長: 猿投山渦 (さなげやまうず)

Student Council get!

President of the Honnouji Academy Student Council: Kiryuuin Satsuki (Black-haired girl we already know)
Chief Executive General of the Cultural Department: Jakuzure Nonon (Big-hat loli)
Chief Executive of the Information Strategy Department: Inumuta Houka (Blue-haired cool dude)
Chief Executive of the Disciplinary Department: Gamagoori Ira (Tanned dude with amazing eyebrows)
Chief Executive General of the Sports Department: Sanage Yamauzu (Cocky-looking black-haired dude)

Actually I guess that last guy's name could feasibly be Sanageyama Uzu. Not sure which way to divide it.

Pachael

Okay, I know there were posts in the thread before talking about how the story arc had been cut but I can't find them. Can anyone please point me towards them?

Westlo mentioned it in passing pages ago.

probably old but I saw on A-S that they cut the sixth novel out of the bake 2nd season website story section. thank fuck, would've been a joke if Nise got so many episodes compared to the upcoming 6.

so 26 episodes for the first 5 and than dat Aniplex webstreaming shit like they did with bake, oremo and now oremo2. smart move by aniplex, lets them sell another 100-120k volumes if they put that shit out over 2 volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom