• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
There's a relatively interesting article on hikikomori on the BBC website today, if anyone's interested. It references Welcome to the NHK as an example.

There's a slight demonisation of both hikikomori and otaku in the sidebar which made me a little sad, but mostly the article is a good read.

This is an interesting read. thanks!

DanganRonpa The Animation - 1

29.jpg

Everything I expected. Mostly everything has been spot on so far. Can't wait to see some of the later scenes animated. Props for using the original OST from the games. The ED is catchy also.

So this is where that weird looking bear thing comes from!

All right whatever, it's time to GET HYPE for Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aqZQmXSNkA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRXcx5IaQcg

Youve patiently awaited this show for ages. enjoy it.

That's not very hard!

Cajun is very anime. He has the deus ex machina optimism nailed down to a T.

Yuri in a frame of yuri.

You know the answer to that.

You already have shades. You made your choice.

I did indeed make my choice!
What did you mean about the deus ex machina thing?

New Kill la Kill characters enter the stage:

I'll let someone else fluent translate their names/positions. If anyone wants to take a crack at it:

That's great, glad to have more of the series animated than we thought.

Not fond of these character designs except the girl with the huge hat. I like her.

/XX/

Either you guys accept my expert opinion or not!
Sounds like we need a second opinion.
PdotMichael is right as the expert he is! Even the name Red Steel High-school (紅鋼高, that can be read as 'akaganekō') is a wordplay on itself which says "AKs are cats".

Hima needs more episodes for herself.
Wait a moment... Himawari isn't born until the 14th special, just after episode 202! And you are on the episode 8, isn't it? What kind of mess did FUNimation Entertainment do with the series?

I think it was also the first time you could see parts of the Shaft studio and some normal employees.

You could smell the fairy dust.
About that, SHAFT official website had years ago a 'special' column section on it where there was a presentation of various places, or sections, from the studio (http://web.archive.org/web/20071016095855/http://shaft-web.co.jp/special.html), with diverse photographs included.

Team visor is on the rise!
I see that Nafe visor-ized her avatar so I had to step my game up too.
Hey! Putting it yourself, that's cheating. I was actually searching for non-doctored ones...

...not that I could find suitable ones for Mad Pierrot myself, mind you... sorry about that.

Not a good start to the show. Dull, flat introduction to the characters and the setting, and the long-haired girl's voicework is distractingly monotone. The setup is Girls und Panzer without the stellar direction or the urgency.
In Girls und Panzer, 'senshadō' is an honorable way of life and all the world (with comical earnest) revolves around it, making for a magically absorbing world where every character has a well defined attitude and place to be except for Miho (at first). Stella Jogakuin is, I think, a different kind of relaxed setting where this is a past-time for the "outcast" who just try to unite through the game and find a place for themselves... there isn't to be the same level of importance and sense of urgency on what they do so I don't find both comparable.

New Kill la Kill characters enter the stage:
Very early Newtype leak. Excellent!

Okay, I saw the calculations (novel pages / episodes) it would have been pretty tight with 6 books.
Nekomonogatari (Black) was even more condensed at 77 pages per episode (approximately).

Danganronpa 1
Dropped. What was the last video game adaptation that wasn't a cheap cash in? Kishi continues his rampage on these adaptations. I'm just going to keep playing the actual game. I might as well because this takes so much from the PSP game that there seems to be little point in animating it.

cnet128

Banned
I dig the art :p

"storia di tre sorelle a caccia di un mistero"

-> story of three sisters chasing for mystery.

And the JP tagline seems to be 三つの月の物語 ("A story of three moons"). Presumably a reference to the "moon" character in each of the three main characters' names.

Interesting.

Rina Hidaka is voicing one of the main characters, by the way.

She's voicing the eldest sister, Hozuki Ferrari. Wait, or is it the youngest sister? WHY DO THEY HAVE THE SAME NAME?

duckroll

Galileidonna definitely sounds very interesting. It's about three sisters involved in a mystery and for some reason they're on Interpol's most wanted list. I think they're supposed to be the descendants of Galileo Galilei, but their surname Ferrari could also connect them to another physicist and engineer - Galileo Ferraris.

cajunator

Banned
Galileidonna definitely sounds very interesting. It's about three sisters involved in a mystery and for some reason they're on Interpol's most wanted list. I think they're supposed to be the descendants of Galileo Galilei, but their surname Ferrari could also connect them to another physicist and engineer - Galileo Ferraris.

Thanks for the info Ducky.

Articalys

See, knowing this and nothing about SamuMenco so far, I'd almost rather this be the 2-cours show instead. But we'll see.

cnet128

Banned
Ah, there we go. The official Galileidonna site has been fixed now: the eldest and youngest sisters aren't supposed to have the same name. The eldest sister is Hazuki and the youngest is Hozuki. So it's the youngest sister who is being voiced by Hidaka Rina. (Which makes sense, looking at her previous roles... I see lolis everywhere)

cajunator

Banned
Ah, there we go. The official Galileidonna site has been fixed now: the eldest and youngest sisters aren't supposed to have the same name. The eldest sister is Hazuki and the youngest is Hozuki. So it's the youngest sister who is being voiced by Hidaka Rina. (Which makes sense, looking at her previous roles... I see lolis everywhere)

Hazuki is a pretty common anime name. Hozuki...thats entirely new to me!

Theonik

PdotMichael is right as the expert he is! Even the name Red Steel High-school (紅鋼高, that can be read as 'akaganekō') is a wordplay on itself which says "AKs are cats".
That name is a lie!

For trivia's sake, the kanji meanings of the three names are:

Hazuki = 葉月 = leaf-moon
Kazuki = 神月 = god-moon
Hozuki = 星月 = star-moon
Are these TNs? Should they not be marked as such?

duckroll

See, knowing this and nothing about SamuMenco so far, I'd almost rather this be the 2-cours show instead. But we'll see.

Judging by the art style Samurai Flamenco is going for, it looks like something which could have a lot of action and episodic stories. If they're going to tell a lot of different types of stories, it could be a good 2-cours show. If Galileidonna is going to be focused on a core mystery, a shorter and tighter series might be better.

/optimistic

Articalys

Judging by the art style Samurai Flamenco is going for, it looks like something which could have a lot of action and episodic stories. If they're going to tell a lot of different types of stories, it could be a good 2-cours show. If Galileidonna is going to be focused on a core mystery, a shorter and tighter series might be better.

/optimistic
That's certainly what I'm hoping will be the case. Though given the last two times noitaminA tried for an original two-cour action show... *crosses fingers*

Well, I'll put faith in Omori.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom