• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Whats all this shit about Gainax being dead?

People saw C3-bu.

pqq4tOD.jpg
Jw6gM74.jpg
oNF83Uv.jpg

Galileidonna announced!!!!!!!

e:
key_off.jpg

logo.png

Fall noitaminA 2013 (1 cour)

Director: Yasuomi Umetsu
Character Desiger: Shingo Adachi
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Very intrested

Ixion Saga DT. Before that, Sengoku Collection.
ixion Saga was awesome.

http://www.samumenco.com/

Samurai Flamenco

Fall noitaminA 2013 (2 cour)

Director: Takahiro Omori
Character Designer: Chinatsu Kurahana
Studio: Brain's Base(?)

Midly intrested , need to see some Pv before i'm HYPED.

I really really really dig those Kill la Kill designs. Hype back in full force!

Also those two other new shows look pretty interesting. I need to look more into the staff later.

Serious

Symphogear G - 01

It took everything I liked from the first season, cranked it all up to 11 and gave it an actual budget. This was one of the shows I was looking forward to most this season (and I was looking forward to a lot), and I was still blown away by how much I loved it.

Metrotab

Banned
I'm thinking of making this season one for the backlog. None of the new shows seem that interesting compared to the Spring selection.

e_i

Rozen Maiden 2013 episode 1

If there was ever a textbook example on how to NOT pace a show, this is it. It's a whole season compressed into one episode.

cajunator

Banned
C3bu 01

This. Show. Is. Adorable!!!!!

ahoge > Yura > to be determined

Its like mixing K -ons cake eating do nothing silliness with airsoft battles. This is a lot of fun. the usage of background music is a bit unorthodox. Its kind of jazzy/lounge stuff. Maybe to fit some kind of agent theme or whatever. It all comes together in a very cute and enjoyable way.

Ok so I have a question about that Watashi ga Motenai anime that's going to appear. This question can only be answered by those that read the manga so they don't get spoiled. So here it is,
how are they going to make an anime out of this if nothing good ever happened to her in the manga that can even make a remotely good ending? The only remote thing that ever happened to her that was good was she got hugged by a girl in a teddy costume, and she talked to a boy. Will they make a filler ending or something to make her happy, or just go with a sad ending or something? A manga adaptation like this I can't even remotely see an ending for in the anime for it, it's just so depressing in a comical way.

Any opinions?

Another Blood Lad commercial...next week cant come fast enough.

This is probably my most favorite anime coming this season because their's comedy in it and it had some pretty good action scenes in the promo. I hope that their's not that much romance in it though because I'm not all that keen on a huge romance focus in these types of shows.

cnet128

Banned
All right whatever, it's time to GET HYPE for Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aqZQmXSNkA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRXcx5IaQcg

Ahhhhhhh I only just followed these links for some reason but this looks so hnghhhh.

I want it now, but I refuse to break my rule of not watching any spinoff Fate material until I actually get around to playing Stay Night =/ This is making me want to start playing the game right now though. lol, as if I have time for that with all the anime I'm going to be watching and the active game backlog I'm already neglecting.

Jarmel

Banned
Ahhhhhhh I only just followed these links for some reason but this looks so hnghhhh.

I want it now, but I refuse to break my rule of not watching any spinoff Fate material until I actually get around to playing Stay Night =/ This is making me want to start playing the game right now though. lol, as if I have time for that with all the anime I'm going to be watching and the active game backlog I'm already neglecting.

It's detached enough that I wouldn't worry about playing FS/N first.

cnet128

Banned
It's detached enough that I wouldn't worry about playing FS/N first.

When I decide on a rule I follow it regardless of logic!

I do have a semi-logical reasoning, though, which is that I want my first experience of these characters to be the original game that started it all. This makes sense regardless of how wildly non-canon the spin-off may be. (And indeed regardless of how badly-regarded the original game may be =p)

cajunator

Banned

I just wish they would tweak the character designs. something looks off.
Not that type moon's character designs were stellar to begin with but Ilya is a special kind of adorable and this look doesnt suit her.

Jarmel

Banned
They're tightening up the graphics on episode 3.

lol

Afterwards I can surely say that the show was a visual masterpiece. It was just that one episode that held it back from greatness.

Not that type moon's character designs were stellar to begin with but Ilya is a special kind of adorable and this look doesnt suit her.

They did a decent job on her butt though.

/XX/

Oh, that's cool! Though I think that are pictures of the old building.
Yeah, they are. I'm not quite sure myself, but they moved to the 'SHAFT BLD.' around the time Bakemonogatari's first season was in production, right? People found the sceneries featured on their first opening for the series scouting close to their new place at Kami-Igusa (http://blog.livedoor.jp/ruri_nadesico/tag/%A5%B7%A5%E3%A5%D5%A5%C8).

Well, their old place at Igusa is not too far away from that one, but I think is worth pointing it out.

cnet128

Banned

I'm not really sure how she looks in other Fate material, but she looks pretty damn perfect to me here. Just looking at her in some of these scenes, especially the ones where she's in her pyjamas at the start of the first PV, is making me feel like I might start hyperventilating. I'm such a sucker for girls in pyjamas. Doubly so if they're lolis.

They did a decent job on her butt though.

...that too.

EDIT: Also, looking at that second PV again... I wonder how many doujins there will be pairing Ilya with that obnoxious sentient magical-staff thing.

Pirabear

Banned
Magical Index 5

Eh...this show isn't what I'd call "bad", but I really don't see why it has the following it does (so far). Touma acting like a generic shounen protagonist kind of takes me out of the whole science/logic vs magic thing they've set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom