• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
These new announcements have sapped all of my interest in the currently airing season.

7Th

Galileidonna definitely sounds very interesting. It's about three sisters involved in a mystery and for some reason they're on Interpol's most wanted list. I think they're supposed to be the descendants of Galileo Galilei, but their surname Ferrari could also connect them to another physicist and engineer - Galileo Ferraris.

Umetsu and A1 styling all over Brain Base's sorry dead ass.

cajunator

Banned
I'm not really sure how she looks in other Fate material, but she looks pretty damn perfect to me here. Just looking at her in some of these scenes, especially the ones where she's in her pyjamas at the start of the first PV, is making me feel like I might start hyperventilating. I'm such a sucker for girls in pyjamas. Doubly so if they're lolis.

...that too.

EDIT: Also, looking at that second PV again... I wonder how many doujins there will be pairing Ilya with that obnoxious sentient magical-staff thing.

Did you watch Sasami San @ Ganbarainai? although that show was VERY Shaft and very weird.

Taruranto

Kill La Kill new scans look very good.

The new Noitamina look interesting because of the Brain Base/Baccano director combination.

7Th

New Kill la Kill characters enter the stage:
tumblr_mpgw0y4ceU1r7c87xo1_1280.jpg

pUnkTENA

I didn't specify how much there was.

How can you not watch Love Lab if you have a YRYR avatar?

cnet128

Banned
Did you watch Sasami San @ Ganbarainai? although that show was VERY Shaft and very weird.

I did indeed. Oddly enough that show didn't particularly appeal to my pyjama-girl love, but I enjoyed the series nonetheless. Shaft's style in general is another thing I'm a sucker for, after all.

Speaking of Shaft and pyjamas, though, Hidamari gives us lots of that with Yuno. This brings me great happiness.

cajunator

Banned
I did indeed. Oddly enough that show didn't particularly appeal to my pyjama-girl love, but I enjoyed the series nonetheless. Shaft's style in general is another thing I'm a sucker for, after all.

Speaking of Shaft and pyjamas, though, Hidamari gives us lots of that with Yuno. This brings me great happiness.

Yuno in pajamas is one of the most perfect things in this universe.

I cannot watch that which is unsubbed.

Does crunchyroll have it?

Defuser

Akibranger Season Tsu ep 12

Holy fucking shit! What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. The fourth wall breaking is utter brillant. Arakawa Naruhisa outdid himself with ep 11 and 12 when referencing back in the previous season and embracing the fourth wall as part of the show. Uchida Maaya is hnnnngh.

I really hope for a season 3 next year, it will be the first sentai ever to have 3 seasons.

All you people here should watch Akibarangers, a brilliant show ever that goes into sentai tropes and foruth wall breaking which breaks all conventions of what a fourth wall is.

Still waiting on Love Lab I see. Was kinda hoping it be out by the time I was up.

Hope it's not a Hayate Cuties situation where it's subbed a few days after airing.

faridmon

Kill la Kill is such a badass name. Love it!

... You know what? this only makes me sad because of that Alive Anime cancellation.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I haven't used the service yet but I heard the player automatically adjusts the stream quality depending on your connection and you can't disable it. Is that true/still a thing?
As far as I can tell that is still the case.

cajunator

Banned
I haven't used the service yet but I heard the player automatically adjusts the stream quality depending on your connection and you can't disable it. Is that true/still a thing?

Isnt that that brand new streaming service or whatever?
I hope it catches on but what exactly will be streaming on it?

Symphogear G - 01

It took everything I liked from the first season, cranked it all up to 11 and gave it an actual budget. This was one of the shows I was looking forward to most this season (and I was looking forward to a lot), and I was still blown away by how much I loved it.

Hype through the roof. If they can give us a scene comparable or even surpassing the end of episode 12, this is going to be a very heavy hitter for the AOTY voting for me.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Jesus I spend one day watching fireworks and I'm down 10 50ppp pages.

FelixOrion is The best Waifu ever.

rxaFo6e.jpg

First big announcement up from Sentai: license rescue for Divergence Eve and Yumeria.

Oh I remember these shows :lol Never did bother to watch the second season of Divergence Eve. Shit was just giant fucking boobs everywhere and weird SciFi plot.

I like the visor trend, although there appears two be two factions.

I'm okay with visors! I've been rocking them for a long while!

It has a deagle and a skorpion making sweet love in the OP. That was enough for me.

Illegal Deagle all up in your de_dust

cajunator

Banned
Jesus I spend one day watching fireworks and I'm down 10 50ppp pages.

rxaFo6e.jpg

Oh I remember these shows :lol Never did bother to watch the second season of Divergence Eve. Shit was just giant fucking boobs everywhere and weird SciFi plot.

I'm okay with visors! I've been rocking them for a long while!

Illegal Deagle all up in your de_dust

I had to work through all the fun and festivities :(
But at least I saw C3bu this morning and having squeed and filled my cuteness power meter, I can now drift off to sleep for a few hours.

santeesioux

I think it's knowing there won't be any more episodes, and it doesn't help when the only OVA they made doesn't really advance the plot at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom