• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm scared... I finally got Toradora. Someday I'll watch it... but I'm afraid of the feels.

Something Something Backlog Something

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Post anime depressions. I know that feel. It came along with Withdrawals as well.

I'm trying to remember all the shows that gave me them.

Clannad/Clannad: After Story
Toradora!
The Girl That Leapt Through Time
5 Centimeters Per Second
and Zaion: I Wish You Were Here (which is odd because the show isn't that good at all. Like it's honestly bag of wasted potential. I'm not sure how many of AnimeGAF have seen it either. The only thing really good about it Kenji Kawai's soundtrack. SOFUCKINGGOOD)

santeesioux

I'm scared... I finally got Toradora. Someday I'll watch it... but I'm afraid of the feels.

Something Something Backlog Something

It's not even so much the feels, it's just "holy shit this show was so good, but now it's done, when am i going to find a show this good again?" Same thing happened with Steins;Gate for me recently.

Monogatari S2, Genshiken, Teekyu S2 and Uchouten Kazoku I don't remember when I watched so many shows on a weekend.

Yeah, they are. I'm not quite sure myself, but they moved to the 'SHAFT BLD.' around the time Bakemonogatari's first season was in production, right? People found the sceneries featured on their first opening for the series scouting close to their new place at Kami-Igusa (http://blog.livedoor.jp/ruri_nadesico/tag/%A5%B7%A5%E3%A5%D5%A5%C8).

Well, their old place at Igusa is not too far away from that one, but I think is worth pointing it out.

Well, it's not easy to find some facts about SHAFT, stuff like number of employees is completly unknown.

Anyone been following RightStuf"s Facebook clues to their new title acquisitions? The five clues given are as follows and may or may not be for multiple titles.

Cops VS Robbers, Transportation, GIRLS, GIRLS AND MORE GIRLS, Bats, and Art.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
7facd20f5216202349ad2fc3119e2e5b1329936788_full.jpg
d402ce5c2e30d1c0a825efdaed6b305b1372964136_full.jpg

Hm, I wonder if this was in any way intentional? Naaaaaaah.

Hm, I wonder if this was in any way intentional? Naaaaaaah.

Every Mahou Shoujo show I've seen post-Madoka has had some variation on Madoka's dress, with the pink dress's bottom part being short and fanning out.

probably just because Madoka was the first Mahou Shoujo I watched

Also that poster is totally lewd.
Purple dress girl's lower extremities.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu 01
I was pretty indifferent to this show during its first stretch but it won me over in the last third with the action scene. The show has enough flavor to get by on, embraces what it wants to be about, and delivers on that at least. The music was astonishingly good, being reactive and catchy in a way that amplifies the personality of most scenes. Now that most of the lame intro stuff is out of the way this show might be pretty fun.

It's no GuP but it's way better than Upotte.

Lame jokes in Typemoon fandiscs led to a manga and now we have a magical girl anime based on the Fate franchise. It's strange how these things happen. Though Carnival Phantasm did it first.

jbug617

Banned
C3-bu 1

The beginning reminded me of Maria Holic when Kanako arrived to the school for the first time. This show looks like it's going to be a fun watch once all the characters are revealed. The only weird thing was them doing the mock battle in their school uniforms.

C3-bu 1

The beginning reminded me of Maria Holic when Kanako arrived to the school for the first time. This show looks like it's going to be a fun watch once all the characters are revealed. The only weird thing was them doing the mock battle in their school uniforms.

Well I'm sure this will be addressed later, its just to make Yura feel at ease about the whole thing.

Jarmel

Banned
I would be much more hyped about FKPI if the art style resembled the manga. Supposedly the guy doing the soundtrack is decent though.

Articalys

That's a catchy title if I ever heard one.
It's the official full English title. Hard to work around that one.

Also I just rewatched the Aniplex USA panel and nowhere did they mention Silver Spoon on Daisuki, so either ANN knows something we don't or they messed up the article.

Hey guys, looking for recommendations for new summer shows. Here's my current CR queue to get some sort of idea of my interests:
yt58wgo.png

I tend to prefer heady stuff, though not always (as evidenced by the above). My all-time favorite anime is Lain. Anything looking up my alley this season? My searches have been pretty fruitless thus far...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hey guys, looking for recommendations for new summer shows. Here's my current CR queue to get some sort of idea of my interests:

I tend to prefer heady stuff, though not always (as evidenced by the above). My all-time favorite anime is Lain. Anything looking up my alley this season? My searches have been pretty fruitless thus far...
Sadly, not much this summer looks eventful. Silver Spoon might be up your alley?
I thought he was on vacation?
He became a motorcycle and rode off the sunset.

Theonik

I just noticed Corvosol hasn't posted in a while. Did Ikuhara kill him!?
He left camping for the weekend I think.
Hopefully he will be enlightened on his return after having thought about Utena some more.
Edit: Let's hope he watches the Movie on his return.

Galileidonna announced!!!!!!!

e:
[.IMG]http://www.galileidonna.tv/img/key_off.jpg[/IMG]
[.IMG]http://www.galileidonna.tv/img/logo.png[/IMG]

Fall noitaminA 2013 (1 cour)

Director: Yasuomi Umetsu
Character Desiger: Shingo Adachi
Studio: A-1 Pictures

Mildly interested. Hopefully the story will be gripping enough for me to watch.

http://www.samumenco.com/

Samurai Flamenco

Fall noitaminA 2013 (2 cour)

Director: Takahiro Omori
Character Designer: Chinatsu Kurahana
Studio: Brain's Base(?)

The fabulous rating is off the charts.

Articalys

Oh, missed this earlier. New key visual from Newtype for Akuma no Riddle that I don't think was around when I posted info before:
Can't find any info on who it lists as series composition, Yasuko Yoshimura (吉村靖子), but the character design is Naomi Ide, who also worked on Mondaiji.

Earlier staff mentioned:
Director: Keizou Kusakawa (Nanona A's/Strikers/1st/2nd, Sekirei, Mondaiji, Dog Days S1)
Production: Diomedia (Campione, Mondaiji, Squid Girl)

survivor

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/yt58wgo.png[IMG]
I tend to prefer heady stuff, though not always (as evidenced by the above). My all-time favorite anime is Lain. Anything looking up my alley this season? My searches have been pretty fruitless thus far...[/QUOTE]
Silver Spoon should be a decent choice if you prefer some good slice of life with great characters development and some agriculture on the side.

Oh, missed this earlier. New key visual from Newtype for Akuma no Riddle that I don't think was around when I posted info before:

Can't find any info on who it lists as series composition, Yasuko Yoshimura, but the character design is Naomi Ide, who also worked on Mondaiji.

Earlier staff mentioned:
Director: Keizou Kusakawa (Nahana A's/Strikers/1st/2nd, Sekirei, Asura Cryin', Dog Days S1)
Production: Diomedia (Campione, Mondaiji, Squid Girl)

The key visual gives me Noir vibes.

I'm interested!

Seems like the only anime's I have to look forward to now are Watashi, Blood Lad, and Silver Spoon.

Free wasn't for me and I'm still not sure about Dog & Scissors. Dog & Scissors looks decent but I'm gonna wait until some of the character's from the opening appear, because they look the most interesting so far.

Danganropa I haven't seen yet but I hope it has a good story. I never played the game so i don't have any high expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom