• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

Revolutionary Girl Utena 22

That glorious backstory. The mystery behind the pink-haired man, Nemuro, is finally revealed! I finally realized the purpose of the shadow people, which is
showing the psyche of either the duelist or the main character that episode.
Am I at least close to the goal post with my theory?

I didn't expect so much information to be revealed this episode, and this episode got a little bloody crazy. The Student Council having a train problem, arrows pointing at everything, and the first step in the revolution of the world.

Plus the shot of the building in flames was simply glorious.

Free! Ep1.

Dead dead deaaaaaaaaad. This is EVERYTHING. Makoto is still my bias.

But now i ship him with Hazuki

DTL can youz avatar-ize this for me?

Not team Rin? :( I guess Im the only one. But Makoto and Nagisa are good too.
tumblr_mphosi8dUS1qbxqfpo1_100.png
tumblr_mphosi8dUS1qbxqfpo2_100.png

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Revolutionary Girl Utena 22

That glorious backstory. The mystery behind the pink-haired man, Nemuro, is finally revealed! I finally realized the purpose of the shadow people, which is
showing the psyche of either the duelist or the main character that episode.
Am I at least close to the goal post with my theory?
The Shadow Girls are just a Greek chorus. Don't overthink them.
Fuck more LWA, I want more Inferno Cop.
But I guess I can accept LWA in its stead.
Watch Turning Girls!

C3-bu - 1
The first half didn't do much for me at all, and the background music sounded like it was way too loud compared to the spoken dialogue at times. Thankfully, when the action started, it all sort of clicked. The team dynamic between the group was fun. The forest background and the bits of light coming through the trees were well done. Also there was a bit of jazz thrown into the mix which complimented the action and kept things lively. I'll give this show a few more episodes.

Servant X Service - 1
I've never seen Working! so I can't compare the two like others have. But what I can say is that this was so light, mildly enjoyable, and inoffensive that I think I'll continue with it for now.

Danganronpa - 1
It certainly continues the production quality of the Devil Survivor 2 and Persona 4 anime. Although, I am interested in what's going to happen next given that it's a murder mystery, but I'm probably better off just playing the VN. I'm indifferent about it so I'll give it another episode or two.

jbug617

Banned
edit:beaten

I had a good experience so far Kickstarting A Time of EVE. Last week they asked for my info on where to ship my things and email for the digital content. I hope the finish product in February will be worth the wait.

I'll probably Kickstart LWA.

cajunator

Banned
C3-bu - 1
The first half didn't do much for me at all, and the background music sounded like it was way too loud compared to the spoken dialogue at times. Thankfully, when the action started, it all sort of clicked. The team dynamic between the group was fun. The forest background and the bits of light coming through the trees were well done. Also there a bit of jazz was thrown into the mix which complimented the action and kept things lively. I'll give this show a few more episodes.

Servant X Service - 1
I've never seen Working! so I can't compare the two like others have. But what I can say is that this was so light, mildly enjoyable, and inoffensive that I think I'll continue with it for now.

Danganronpa - 1
It certainly continues the production quality of the Devil Survivor 2 and Persona 4 anime. Although, I am interested in what's going to happen next given that it's a murder mystery, but I'm probably better off just playing the VN. I'm indifferent about it so I'll give it another episode or two.

I really loved the jazziness of the music too. The show was just really pleasant to watch.

havent seen anything else yet.

duckroll

They should actually make the Kickstarter goal Inferno Cop Season 2. Set it at $10k or whatever. Make LWA2 a stretch goal for that, so regardless of funding, they get to keep ALL THE MONEY! Looooooooool. :p

Eureka Seven: AO (ep 3 FuniDub)

Gazelle speech to his dad felt more emotional than I remember. Actually a bit of the second half I dont even remember
Elena and Fleur fighting the Secret while Ao was there dealing with Gazelle and co

Starting to like Georg's voice and Ao's too. I guess its alright.

Narag

They should actually make the Kickstarter goal Inferno Cop Season 2. Set it at $10k or whatever. Make LWA2 a stretch goal for that, so regardless of funding, they get to keep ALL THE MONEY! Looooooooool. :p

I want Little Witch Academia vs Inferno Cop like those old Go Nagai property movies.

Quasar

Servant x Service #1 - I thought this was off to a nice start. Liked the humour and warmed to the characters quickly. Looked nice too.

I don't know, I'm liking this season more than I thought so far.

What are you watching?
To be honest, I think only four anime are exciting to me to actually want to watch (Senyu, Free, Makai Ouji, Blood Lad)..everything simulcast so far is just not for me, so Ive been digging in my backlog for stuff, and just rewatching. Sometimes I wish I could enjoy all these other shows :(

BlackJace

Higashi no Eden 1-3

Yeah, so I haven't really watched a mystery anime before, so this is uncharted territory. A friend of mine forewarned me that the series bored him to tears, but I decided to check it out anyway.

I like it so far. The story actually let the viewer in on more than I thought it would for only 3 episodes in. I like the look of the main character, Takizawa, and he seems like he has a decent personality. The background art is really something, and I like the references to American culture that they happen to make. It's 11 episodes, so I hope the manage to flesh out what they need to do before the finale.

If I like it when its all said and done, I'll check out the movie. I still haven't warmed up to Saki yet, but she actually isn't shoved into your face all episode, so that's a plus. Looking forward to it watching the rest, I suppose.

cajunator

Banned
Danganronpa is the only possibly watchable thing. I might watch more Servant x Service. We'll see. Everything else? Eh...

There were at least a few watchable shows last season.

You should clarify then thats its the worst season for you. Some are certainly enjoying it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom