• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Kazoku Game 5
ibwN469VE3UZVF.png
iJfGCp3ddFIz.png

i8vBfql2CXiI.png
iFnmErEFcrPqo.png

I think I would have shit myself if this was real life. Good lord.

Snafu 1-13

Just finished watching Snafu and I absolutely loved it. What an outstanding series. Since it's already old news, I won't ramble on a lot but I will say that Hachiman has become one of my favorite protagonists from any anime. Just a greatly written character. And on that note, can Anime-GAF recommend some shows with protagonists like Hachiman? I'm not that well-versed in anime that aren't mainstream, so I figure I'd ask the experts. Thanks for any recommendations you can give me.

TheOddOne

Hey AnimeGAF, is anybody doing a OT for Uchōten Kazoku? I'd do it if nobody else is doing it.

Also, Silver Spoon looks kind of cool.
Don't kill me.

Fuck. That 08th MS Team OVA that came with the BD set made me miss this series so hardcore.

Even if it didn't look as good as the original series. Hahaha.

/XX/

Happy Birthday to RuroniZel.
「ex:39」/「眉 毛」のイラスト [pixiv] said:
Happy Birthday, RuroniZel! Let's have some fun with Miku!

If they want to have a production budget of at least $380k, I think they will need a goal at $500k minimum. Amazon payments takes 5%, Kickstarter takes 5%, and they'll need $50-100k set aside for physical goods (they'll certainly have a lot of those if they want to be successful) and shipping.
Maybe they have some leftovers from ACE 2013:

「アニメ コンテンツ エキスポ 2013」に出展します! | 国内イベント | Good Smile Company Event Information
http://event.goodsmile.info/event/event-523/

And to think they are the only group from those selected for animemirai to take real advantage of their newly gained property (not without criticisms)... that Mr. Yamamoto had good eye searching to associate with both a toy-maker and also with experts in milking franchises.

Fuck more LWA, I want more Inferno Cop.
But I guess I can accept LWA in its stead.
Not really. Inferno Cop deserves a full season with full episodes more than LWA does.
They can't even offer a disc release of the first episodes, let alone making more. :-(

Even if it is they are doing waaaaaaaaaaay more with the animation in Love Lab. It is leaps ahead.
You say that as if YuruYuri♪♪ wasn't already a brilliantly animated show! We only need Yūsuke Matsuo for this new series as well and the circle is complete.

Kojima talking about watching Stella C3 on his twitter. Heh.
Too much camp-training with the studio and Motosada Mori's influence can make you that. And Mr. Kojima keeps invoking the 'ota' spirit these days...

They've done it! JAST USA has licensed and will officially release Steins;Gate!

"This is our top priority to get this out asap... it's almost done, all we have to do is put it together and test it and other special stuff... it should be up for preorder very soon"
That damned Reading Steiner sure made well to hype up JAST USA presence at Anime Expo 2013. :'-)

I hope all the people previously involved on the project receive proper credit!

jgminto

Is that blrfjdlkfldkfjgatari show good? I've never seen it and have no idea where to start. The style looks nice, but I like the style of most SHAFT shows.

Articalys

Could I please have another show of hands for who's actually read the upcoming Monogatari Second Season novels and who's going in blind?

As a side observation, it seems like there's been an increase of people familiar with original works in general and willing/able to watch episodes w/o subs recently.

/XX/

Ready to post. I assume nobody has any problems with "Depression Moe~" as the title? WataMote |OT| Depression Moe~

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=68483046#post68483046

If there's anything you think needs to be there tell me and I'll add it.
For a thread in the 'Off-Topic Discussion' maybe the contraction 'WataMote', while official, isn't ideal to catch the attention of dwellers of that section... there's a perfectly fine English title for the show.
Or you could add Spaghetti-tan for those /v/ers around...

Stuart444

A Certain Scientific Railgun S - 13

Another fantastic episode, absolutely loving this. Anyone who's seen index can probably see some of the small differences in both dialogue and what happens compared to what we saw on Index. (and the animation is far better :D ).

Seeing Accelerator
in the lab and his reaction to being told the fight wouldn't stop til Misaka clone #1 'ceases operation' was interesting. He didn't have any intention to kill her and really, he didn't actually kill her. His reflect did when she fired a bullet at him.

Misakas VA did a great job in this episode,
the part where she sees Misaka 10031 getting killed, the despair in her voice, etc. Also Misaka's desperation with the way she just walked in and destroyed everything in sight was great too.

Next week seems to be the
bridge scene
so I'm guessing the final fight will be in episode 15 maybe? Just based on where it's most likely to end at next week.

cajunator

Banned
Didn't a Chibi Kino figure come out earlier this year? But yes the GSC one I hear is hard to come by and should definitely get a re-release. If you're willing to go used though I'm sure you can find one to fill that hole in your collection :p

but I want the true thoughts and feelings of animegaf, internet hyperbole is keeping us all apart! D:

Some banks are assholes and have fees for buying from foreign countries/processors.

I believe so but I dont normally buy used figures unless they are from friends >_
I buy new stuff even on Ebay and that means I pay dearly for it.

fertygo

Snafu 1-13

Just finished watching Snafu and I absolutely loved it. What an outstanding series. Since it's already old news, I won't ramble on a lot but I will say that Hachiman has become one of my favorite protagonists from any anime. Just a greatly written character. And on that note, can Anime-GAF recommend some shows with protagonists like Hachiman? I'm not that well-versed in anime that aren't mainstream, so I figure I'd ask the experts. Thanks for any recommendations you can give me.

As in?

I doubt you'd find anything like him in other romance anime, maybe the closest thing is Okabe from Steins; Gate or Lelouch lol

TheOddOne

Outlaw Star Episode 4

Even back in the old days they were that bold with storytelling, much unexpected and shocking. I hope somehow
Hilda survived or something, what a cruel and unfortunate way to die even after struggling so much to nearly grasp for safety

Outlaw Star is one nice ship.

jgminto

For a thread in the 'Off-Topic Discussion' maybe the contraction 'WataMote', while official, isn't ideal to catch the attention of dwellers of that section... there's a perfectly fine English title for the show.
Or you could add Spaghetti-tan for those /v/ers around...
If you want the title changed you'd have to ask a mod. I don't mind either way.

cnet128

Banned
Dammit, I involuntarily fell asleep without even posting impressions after watching Kitakubu yesterday. I knew I was too tired to be watching anime at 5 AM... Impressions follow after the random thread responses. And today I will ACTUALLY WATCH ANIMES, I SWEAR.

KyoAni shows are the best for gender bending

ooo_20130706041603vgss1.jpg

Hvhnfnjvbsdyvoguhbhunifwddu WHY IS THIS NOT THE ACTUAL SHOW

Is that blrfjdlkfldkfjgatari show good? I've never seen it and have no idea where to start. The style looks nice, but I like the style of most SHAFT shows.

Monogatari is Shaft's greatest work of Shaft-ness ever. It's glorious. I love Madoka more, but it doesn't feel nearly as SHAFT as Monogatari does. Shaft x Nisio Isin is a match made in heaven. If you want to watch the series, just start at the beginning with Bakemonogatari (15 episodes), follow that up with Nisemonogatari (11 episodes), and finally watch the brief Nekomonogatari (Kuro) (4 episodes). Then you'll be fully prepared for the new series which starts airing today.

The one thing that may confuse you is that there's a separate anime called Katanagatari, which is also an adaptation of a novel series by Nisio Isin and is similarly titled, so it's often mentioned in conjunction with the Monogatari series. It's also very good, but it's not a Shaft series and it's completely unconnected to the Monogatari saga, so there's no need to look into that one if you don't want to.

Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 1

As quite a few people have already said, this is definitely the weakest of the cute-girls-doing-cute-things anime that have aired so far. It just can't match up to the gorgeous character selection and action hook of Stella C3bu or the sakuga faux-yuri perfectly-executed comedy of Love Lab. By contrast this one just felt very...generic.

That said, it wasn't a bad first episode or anything. The running gag with the episode trying to end early was fairly amusing, and I was definitely entertained by the saga of the bears. Also it has the most remarkable ahoge in the history of moekind. I think I'll stick with this one, at least for the time being.

Kurita

huh this isn't gatchman? looks like ass maybe it has nothing to do with the gatchman I am thinking about.

We just don't know what the suits look like yet.

But yeah it'll be crap, the live action Gatchaman will be better ヽ(´ー`)┌

/XX/

Went trough the OP's list of anime coming up and Silver Spoon had one hell of a snarky comment :p
Those kind of comments are like a tradition for any of these seasonal thread's OP. It's good fun!

If you want the title changed you'd have to ask a mod. I don't mind either way.
This is not about me wanting the thread title changed, but about offering the series in a better light and understanding to the greater Gods of the 'OT' section! I just tried to make a suggestion that could gain traction for the thread, not something I personally wanted.

TheOddOne

Those kind of comments are like a tradition for any of these seasonal thread's OP. It's good fun!
Yeah, I've seen those comments before in other OP's but it was really for those really really terrible looking shows. I kind of get the whole snarky side though, HaloGAF itself can get snarky for even the most nicest thing.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Happy Birthday to RuroniZel.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAKAMA!!

L02MnSE.jpg

Happy birthday!

(no Miku pic, I'm too lazy)

Happy Birthday RuroniZel!

Happy Birthday you Miku lover you!

Oh and Happy Birthday!

Have a great birthday, Zel!

Happy Birthday Zel!

Happy Birthday RurouniMiku!

Happy birthday RuroniZel!

Happy Birthday Zel!

Happy Birthday, RuroniZel! Let's have some fun with Miku!

Happy bday

Happy RuZe!!!

Happy birthday !!!

For you :

Thank you all!! :D Love the Miku pics too! ^_^ For the curious I'm "Magic Johnson" years old.

A silly way of saying "32"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom