• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox - 01

gUi5OPW.png
x16kbSA.png

Decided to pull this out of my backlog and give the first episode a shot before getting back to Nanoha A's. So-so opener, though Nobunaga is hot so I'll definitely continue watching. Here's hoping there's some yuri in the future.

Kyon

Banned
WTF how many episodes of DokiDoki did i miss? Where did Cure Ace come from????????????????????

Also that attack is pure homage to Sailor Moon lol

Soma

Monogatari S2 Episode 01

Sure is monogatari up in here. Which is to pretty much say I liked this episode quite a bit despite the lack of Arararagi. The show and all its quirky characteristics hasn't seemed to have skipped a beat and I'm pretty happy about that since I've always been a fan of those things in this series. Hanekawa taking on the role as the pseudo-protagonist for this episode was an interesting change of pace.

But man.

I'm a fan of short hair on girls just as much as the next guy but I sure do miss the glasses/twintail design for Hanekawa. That particular combo is my kryptonite. :(

CorvoSol

Xam'd: Lost Memories/Bounen no Xamdou, BONES other
bio
mecha with Yoshida character designs about a boy who gets caught up with a group of eccentrics in an airship who house a mysterious girl who holds the key to ending a global conflict.

That does sound oddly familiar.

Might as well watch the movie too..

Isn't the movie Alt U? Hmmm.

*looks back over CorvoSol's posts about E7*
Ahahahahahahaha please stop watching now if you want your memories to survive.

(Also it still amuses me how much you hated Eureka's kids. They weren't that bad.)

Just don't look at my impressions of Eureka Seven until after like, episode 11 to be safe. I was so damn wrong about that show prior to episode 11 that it just isn't funny.

And Eureka's hellspawn are the worst. I hate them and their rat guts so much. I would not be surprised for an instant if the oldest grew up to be like Katz from Zeta Gundam and
flew into an asteroid after stealing the G-Defenser one time too many.

Eureka's curs are awful. The show managed to give me many, many good characters, but those shitstains were not among 'em.

Kyon

Banned
Since last year i've been wanting to make a Magical Girls thread... Or maybe a blog or something. So underrated tbh Sailor Moon started and slayed childhoods then besides Precure general animu folks mostly only seen Madoka. MADNESS.

We need to expose them more to the ICONICOGRAPHY and FLAWLESSNESS that is BEAUTIFUL LADY SOLDIERS SAVING THE PLANET

I wanna hear who's behind the project before getting excited.

Takeuchi needs to oversee everything. I dont want her to not have only control of the manga like before

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ace's transformation device is literally Milky Rose's plastic shit with the mirror from the Heartcatch Mirage superglued to the top. lol

Jarmel

Banned
Actually, here's a small nitpick:

Kyoda was the series director of both Eureka 7 and E7 AO, not the writer. He also directed and wrote the movie.

But the underlying point, which is that none of the writers from E7 TV (Dai Sato included) came back, is right.

My understanding is that Kyoda either came up with some the concepts or did some of the writing in addition to the director's role. He had some influence on the writing. Duckroll can clarify either way.

Well on reflection I was wrong and misunderstood the true goal of the show. I can honestly say that AO was an experience.

cajunator

Banned
Since last year i've been wanting to make a Magical Girls thread... Or maybe a blog or something. So underrated tbh Sailor Moon started and slayed childhoods then besides Precure general animu folks mostly only seen Madoka. MADNESS.

We need to expose them more to the ICONICOGRAPHY and FLAWLESSNESS that is BEAUTIFUL LADY SOLDIERS SAVING THE PLANET

Takeuchi needs to oversee everything. I dont want her to not have only control of the manga like before

I agree they deserve an OT but it may not go over so well with certain posters..

JCG

My understanding is that Kyoda either came up with some the concepts or did some of the writing in addition to the director's role. He had some influence on the writing. Duckroll can clarify either way.

He may well have done some of that, but he's not formally credited for it as a writer, at least as far as I can tell.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm gonna be the voice of dissent here and say that the "serious" portions of Sailor Moon that have been the closest to the manga have, so far, been the most unremarkable to me. I like the rest of the package a lot more, and as such I don't know if the show would appeal to me in the same way without the more comedic aspects of it.

I haven't read the manga, though, so who knows.

Defuser

Okay, I found a second source that says "Psycho-Pass S2 or OVA accidentally announced at Production IG Panel!" (emphasis mine)

So keep your expectations in check until this gets officially confirmed one way or the other.

edit: handful of other Twitter reports from the I.G panel -- one just says "More Psycho-Pass confirmed by production IG"; another notes that Ishikawa said S2 "hadn't been announced" and then later simply reported "Psycho Pass 2 confirmed."
Hell yeah! More Supercell Egoist songs!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm gonna be the voice of dissent here and say that the "serious" portions of Sailor Moon that have been the closest to the manga have, so far, been the most unremarkable to me. I like the rest of the package a lot more, and as such I don't know if the show would appeal to me in the same way without the more comedic aspects of it.

Assuming "serious" means "close to the manga" is dangerous in Sailor Moon.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Monogatari 1:
eheheheheeheheheheheheheheheee

Jarmel

Banned
He may well have done some of that, but he's not formally credited for it as a writer, at least as far as I can tell.

Yes he's definitely not credited formally as a writer.

Basically just a pallette swap of E7

Nope. It would have been better if it actually had been.

Xam'd was the closest to being a spiritual sequel to E7 from BONEs but they royally fucked up past ep.14 even though there were problems earlier on.

CorvoSol

Bunny Drop 1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Kyon

Banned
I agree they deserve an OT but it may not go over so well with certain posters..

Who would oppose the #1 genre in anime?

This is true... the comedy was a really big appeal with the anime. But sometimes I felt like the more serious tone wasn't highlighted as much overall.

Assuming "serious" means "close to the manga" is dangerous in Sailor Moon.

RIP

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
For instance, pure heart crystals were an Ikuhara invention, and much of the way the S story and ending play out is Ikuhara.

Syrinx

Oh fuck, Corvo's watching Glass Fleet now? Dammit, now I'm gonna have to get into some sort of rhythm with this piece of crap to stay ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom