• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
They improved her.

Noooooo they made her worse!

Regulus you need to stop having Utena avatars now. I spent the whole camp out thinking about that show. I mean, not the WHOLE camp out, but it did pop into my brain sort of frequently. Which was okay because if a show has me reflecting positively on it afterward then well, that's a good mark for it in my book.

Like: "The Second Raid" Good. "Revolutionary Girl Utena" Good. "G and ZZ Gundam." Good.

"00 and AGE" Fuck. "Sword Art Online" NEVER AGAIN. and such as examples of shows that left really bad tastes in my mouth.

Gonna start watching the movie tonight. Figured I'd watch a few movies in my mix. Got Utena, then I'll watch the Gurren Lagann ones, then maybe the E7 one. I dunno.

Where did you camp? I love camping in the mountains.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Regulus you need to stop having Utena avatars now. I spent the whole camp out thinking about that show. I mean, not the WHOLE camp out, but it did pop into my brain sort of frequently. Which was okay because if a show has me reflecting positively on it afterward then well, that's a good mark for it in my book.

Like: "The Second Raid" Good. "Revolutionary Girl Utena" Good. "G and ZZ Gundam." Good.

"00 and AGE" Fuck. "Sword Art Online" NEVER AGAIN. and such as examples of shows that left really bad tastes in my mouth.

Gonna start watching the movie tonight. Figured I'd watch a few movies in my mix. Got Utena, then I'll watch the Gurren Lagann ones, then maybe the E7 one. I dunno.
I think you will appreciate Utena much more the day you decide to rewatch it. But yes, movie time now.

CorvoSol

Where did you camp? I love camping in the mountains.

The Gifford Pinchot Nat'l forest. I've been camping there like, my entire life. There's this one overturned log that I named "Grbl" and said was a dragon when I was like, five. I love that forest. Washington State has some really great national forests.

I think you will appreciate Utena much more the day you decide to rewatch it. But yes, movie time now.

Can't rewatch it now, I just barely finished it. But ReBuild of Utena should be fun.

Also, was Utena done by the same people who did GaoGaiGar? Or is the character of Papillon from GGGFinal just a shout out to Anthy Himemiya's design?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'll believe that Vita CR app when I see it.

They said the same shit last year! It's not like the Vita install base has grown much here in the states since then :(

Joe Molotov

I guess its just me and SDBurton looking forward to more of it.

It's a lonely garden :(

Another Psycho-Pass fan checking in.
4sv5EQ4.gif
Akane
4sv5EQ4.gif

cajunator

Banned
The Gifford Pinchot Nat'l forest. I've been camping there like, my entire life. There's this one overturned log that I named "Grbl" and said was a dragon when I was like, five. I love that forest. Washington State has some really great national forests.

Can't rewatch it now, I just barely finished it. But ReBuild of Utena should be fun.

Also, was Utena done by the same people who did GaoGaiGar? Or is the character of Papillon from GGGFinal just a shout out to Anthy Himemiya's design?

Sounds like a gorgeous place to camp.
washington has a legit temperate rainforest. Would love to visit.

Yes. She is a unique kind of moe, I still love her.

Youre a swell guy. For a Jets fan.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

The Utena character designs were done by Chiho Saito, a shoujo manga artist, so I doubt there's much borrowing from the Utena team.

Articalys

"Keep in mind that the image below is NOT OFFICIAL but comes courtesy of CR user shinobicRyo who really really really wanted a CR app on his Vita."

So it's just a picture of some guy who made the CR logo his Vita background, and signifies absolutely nothing.

The PS3 app worked fine for me the couple of times I used it, for what it's worth.

CorvoSol

Gundam EVOLVE 1

The episodes in this show are apparently very short, which makes sense. This first one was essentially just a clip show. Amuro is sitting in the Gundam before launching at Aboa Qu, thinking about his last year, and as it goes he thinks more and more about the people he's killed and seen die, until Sayla at last comes on to comfort him.

Not bad. It's apparently the only 2D episode in the 15 ep run.

cjkeats

what issues do you have with the ps3 app?

Constant crashes back to XMB, it locks the PS3 up completely and I have to manually shut it off, episodes don't start sometimes, the last little while it's randomly skipped large chunks of episodes by jumping form one spot to the near end.

The Apple TV app is great. Everything is in HD and it works just like the other Apple TV apps.
That's good to hear. My Apple TV is in another town for now, but it'll be my main device once I get it back.

Articalys

Guess who else is throwing themselves into the 3DCG robot race? A-1 Pictures.
Masuo Ueda, the president and CEO of the anime studio A-1 Pictures, revealed during an Anime Expo panel on Saturday that his company is working on an original robot anime to supersede Gundam. The project will be 3D-animated, but Ueda did not reveal further details or its title.

jman2050

I should reiterate cause I realize I didn't quite convey this well in my initial post, but Love Lab was really really good in a way that was almost astounding. To the point that I'm almost afraid to watch the second episode because if it's all downhill from here it would be a colossal disappointment.

Like, before I watched I was ready to make fun of 7th for his silly "I watched it multiple times" statement except I just did it too.

wonzo

Banned
"damned if you do and damned if you don't"

*camera zooms in on copy of catch-22 on the table*

--

oh and happy bday zel

cajunator

Banned
I should reiterate cause I realize I didn't quite convey this well in my initial post, but Love Lab was really really good in a way that was almost astounding. To the point that I'm almost afraid to watch the second episode because if it's all downhill from here it would be a colossal disappointment.

Like, before I watched I was ready to make fun of 7th for his silly "I watched it multiple times" statement except I just did it too.

Really wanted to watch this morning but as usual I fell asleep in my chair before viewing it :/

cnet128

Banned
*still reading Bakemonogatari novel*

Apparently Araragi wears his watch on his right arm even though he's not left-handed. Senjougahara accuses him of being a "rebel" for that.

This hit slightly close to home, since I also wear my watch on my right arm and am also not left-handed. I have a legitimate excuse though. I had a rash on my left wrist for a while and switched my watch over because it made my skin more irritated. Then I just got used to it and never switched back.

What I'm saying is, god I love your dialogue Nisio Isin let me have sex with your words.

Articalys

If you thought Sentai hadn't done enough for the day, you're wrong -- add Kiniro Mosaic (KINMOZA!) to their license list.

By the way, it was supposed to start on Crunchyroll this morning, but it also got delayed for production reasons.

Tenumi

Banned
Love Lab: 01

That was... actually kinda disappointing. I don't know what I was expecting, maybe something that would let me take a small break from starting YuruYuri S2, but it definitely wasn't it. It needs more characters, which from some of the art, it looks like it'll get. Other than that... I don't really know. It just didn't click with me.

cnet128

Banned

That was... actually kinda disappointing. I don't know what I was expecting, maybe something that would let me take a small break from starting YuruYuri S2, but it definitely wasn't it. It needs more characters, which from some of the art, it looks like it'll get. Other than that... I don't really know. It just didn't click with me.

There's always one...

CorvoSol

Eureka Seven Astral Ocean 1

This was not the sequel to E7 I was expecting. In fact, given the way that E7 set up, this is more of what I'd expect from a prequel. That said it is a very pretty show, and the first episode was decent enough to have me interested, even if it was a tad generic.

Ao is as obviously Eureka and Renton's son as it gets, though.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

No... not you Tenumi.. say it isn't so. ;_;

This was not the sequel to E7 I was expecting. In fact, given the way that E7 set up, this is more of what I'd expect from a prequel. That said it is a very pretty show, and the first episode was decent enough to have me interested, even if it was a tad generic.

Don't do it, Corvo. You have so much to live for!

jbug617

Banned
RKB SS 1

Decided to give it a shot again. At the end decided that it's still not for me. As of right now it seems like it's going to be more of the same.

I really like VA for Tsukiko from HENNEKO but I don't like the way she does Hina in RKB.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Holy shit. The meltdown is going to be 10x worse than the one he did for SAO and Gundam AGE combined.

cajunator

Banned
If you thought Sentai hadn't done enough for the day, you're wrong -- add Kiniro Mosaic (KINMOZA!) to their license list.

By the way, it was supposed to start on Crunchyroll this morning, but it also got delayed for production reasons.

Kiniro is that other "club" show isnt it?
GJBU needs to get licensed!

You were warned Corvy kun. We love you. Please dont do this :(

CorvoSol

Don't do it, Corvo. You have so much to live for!

But it's such a pretty show!

Holy shit. The meltdown is going to be 10x worse than the one he did for SAO and Gundam AGE combined.

It can't be that bad, can it? I mean, worse than SAO, AGE, and 00? That's a bit much, even for me.

Corvo. Corvo why are you doing this. Please stop.

But I needed more E7 in my life!

You were warned Corvy kun. We love you. Please dont do this :(

You make this sound like an intervention.

Glass Fleet 1

Terrible animation. Hilarious hats and facial hair. Is Michel a guy or a girl? YOU DECIDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom