• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Just watch Xam'd instead, Corvo. At least then you get a little bit of a good show before it goes stupid.

Bleach 23 - 24

The initial introduction of the other captains is fun. Gin being on the spot, Hitsugaya there commenting, and Kenpachi there. Its so fun reliving these moments. Anyway, Im ready for D-Technolife to kick in instead of Asterisk.

Jarmel

Banned
Eureka Seven Astral Ocean 1

This was not the sequel to E7 I was expecting. In fact, given the way that E7 set up, this is more of what I'd expect from a prequel. That said it is a very pretty show, and the first episode was decent enough to have me interested, even if it was a tad generic.

Ao is as obviously Eureka and Renton's son as it gets, though.

Do it. Ignore everybody else and just watch it. The show is a masterpiece.

sonicmj1

Psycho-Pass S2? Maybe Yayoi won't be completely useless this time.

It can't be that bad, can it? I mean, worse than SAO, AGE, and 00? That's a bit much, even for me.

It's not worse than those shows. But those weren't attached to something you care about.

There's still time to turn back. We care about you. You don't have to do this.

Alright I'm not gonna lie, I've been replaying the hell out of that dubstep vid 7th posted yesterday. I can't get it out of my head. :lol

Quality of the song itself aside, it has far too little bass to be dubstep.

cajunator

Banned
But it's such a pretty show!

It can't be that bad, can it? I mean, worse than SAO, AGE, and 00? That's a bit much, even for me.

But I needed more E7 in my life!

You make this sound like an intervention.

Glass Fleet 1

Terrible animation. Hilarious hats and facial hair. Is Michel a guy or a girl? YOU DECIDE.

It IS an intervention!

This was not the sequel to E7 I was expecting. In fact, given the way that E7 set up, this is more of what I'd expect from a prequel. That said it is a very pretty show, and the first episode was decent enough to have me interested, even if it was a tad generic.

No. No.

Your screams of agony stopped being fun to read on SAO. Run away! RUN AWAY!!

CorvoSol

Do it. Ignore everybody else and just watch it. The show is a masterpiece.

Now I don't know who to trust!

It's not worse than those shows. But those weren't attached to something you care about.

There's still time to turn back. We care about you. You don't have to do this.

I was moderately attached to Gundam before them. I guess it'd've been worse if I'd seen ZZ and G before AGE and 00. I've had good to wash away the bad.

It IS an intervention!

But I don't have a problem!

cnet128

Banned

Yeah, that's the long and short of it. (Well, I don't agree that SAO is worse than it, but that's because I like SAO.)

My recommended method of watching Eureka Seven AO: find a video of the second ED. Watch that. Then never watch anything related to the show ever again.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What's Xam'd?

Xam'd: Lost Memories/Bounen no Xamdou, BONES other
bio
mecha with Yoshida character designs about a boy who gets caught up with a group of eccentrics in an airship who house a mysterious girl who holds the key to ending a global conflict.

Dresden

So what exactly makes Astral Ocean so bad?

If there's one thing that stands out to me as being, like, emblematic of the show's struggles re: writing, it's the fact that at one point they
literally get a gun that retcons the show. Except the retcon makes things worse.

sonicmj1

So what exactly makes Astral Ocean so bad?

A lot of things, but the most obvious is that
it uses both time travel and parallel universes at the same time
, which has to be the easiest way to make a stupid pointless clusterfuck of a plot.

Good, good!

Westlo

Nisio da gawd is back
rejoice.png

But holy shit looking @ the key visual for s2 and the only members of #teamlonghair are Kissshot and Kanbaru! Damn you Nisio!

Anyway a well needed switch of POV for this arc, they really couldn't do another Tsubasa heavy arc from Koyomi's POV again, would've been really tired, and having a heavy dose of Senjouhara just tops it off.

And yet Origami is even worse at this than Tohka is.

She will literally kill you (or try to anyway since shes a fucking failure and cant do shit) for merely having a conversation with "her man".

#dead @ this.

LTTP Rankings.

Kurumi/Tohka > Kotori > Reine > Yoshinon > that side character chick who says "Gross" > Origami's Captain or whatever > Mana > Origami

Both AO and Pocketful of Rainbows are the Spiderman 3 of the Eureka7 universe.

So yes.

Come on, let's not compare Spider-Man 3 to shit like Eureka Seven AO. Regardless of your opinion on the film, it wasn't even in the same ballpark. At worst it was just a bad movie, rather than something so irredeemably awful that it ruined your entire life.

cajunator

Banned
Nisio da gawd is back
rejoice.png

But holy shit looking @ the key visual for s2 and the only members of #teamlonghair are Kissshot and Kanbaru! Damn you Nisio!

Anyway a well needed switch of POV for this arc, they really couldn't do another Tsubasa heavy arc from Koyomi's POV again, would've been really tired, and having a heavy dose of Senjouhara just tops it off.

#dead @ this.

LTTP Rankings.

Kurumi/Tohka > Kotori > Reine > Yoshinon > that side character chick who says "Gross" > Origami's Captain or whatever > Mana > Origami

Westlo you absolutely nailed the Date a Live rankings. There is no fault whatsoever.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
why is there a baby

Everybody thought that it was the reincarnation of another dead character.

And then when that character turned out to be alive, everyone thought that it would magically mature into a teenager and become Cure Ace.

And now that Cure Ace is here, it was just a fucking shitty mascot all along :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom