• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Well Madarame definitely sounds different cause you really can't replace Hiyama.

Hang on... I've never seen Genshiken, but... Hiyama voiced two Madarames?!

YRvlHKe.jpg
kjDs2Wd.jpg

EDIT: GODDAMMIT top of the page with a post about BLEACH.

Even with issues over the original cast being recast and changes from the manga (Madarame having regular contact with Saki), having this animated makes me one happy camper. I love Genshiken.

Nudull

Banned
I got some of my fraternity brothers to watch the first three episodes of Golden Boy. Fun was had.

Normally, I never touch shows like Golden Boy, but there's just something about the dub that makes it worthwhile, especially with Doug Smith's Kintaro. XD

Cloudy

Banned
Just saw the trailer for " Garden of Words". Looked really good. Shinkai > *

It's out on 8/6 so I'm gonna pass on watching a sub

CorvoSol

Definitely Kino.

Also I'm glad Corvo started meguca but what happened to his Utena movie impression?!

Mechanical issues occurred. Am starting the movie over now.

Bunny Drop 2

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

The moment he extinguishes the cigarette.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw

Ro-kyu-bu SS 1

It's the same as the first season yadda yadda. The best part of the episode was the completely unnecessary first OP insert song that lasted for maybe 10 seconds, I think I'm dead from laughing so much.

cnet128

Banned
*ya~~~~~~wn* Much as I would like to stay awake and on AnimeGAF for all eternity, it's quarter past 9 AM and I think I really ought to get some sleep before my body decides to shut down completely without my consent xp

To bed, that I may enjoy much anime-related goodness on the morrow!

Articalys

Query: does anyone from this community have a day job and/or is studying something that actually happens to involve graphic design or a similar field?

Defuser

cI7cPtm.gif

Am I doing it rite guys?

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S ep 13

Veeeeeery slow but it's intense. I do like the added flashback for accelerator first kill and Mikoto breaking down into despair and madness.

Hopefully Nagai can wrap this up within 2 episodes but I doubt that.

Articalys said:
Query: does anyone from this community have a day job and/or is studying something that actually happens to involve graphic design or a similar field?

Me, but I'm currently pursuing for more education right now.

cI7cPtm.gif

Am I doing it rite guys?

Veeeeeery slow but it's intense. I do like the added flashback for accelerator first kill and Mikoto breaking down into despair and madness.

Wow how are you making those banners.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
cI7cPtm.gif

Am I doing it rite guys?

Sweetjesus.gif

*ya~~~~~~wn* Much as I would like to stay awake and on AnimeGAF for all eternity, it's quarter past 9 AM and I think I really ought to get some sleep before my body decides to shut down completely without my consent xp

Jeez, wonder what makes you suffer this ordeal

Studying it here.

EDIT: The budget for banners just went up again

sn00zer

So I saw Mindgame recently and thought it was fucking amazing so could someone recommend me more stuff (movies or shows) along these guidelines...I still need to watch Cowboy Beebop, so I might do that

-adult stories (can star kids though, I really like Tekkonkinkreet)
-nothing set in highschool, unless its briefly, so tired of highschool drama schtick
-nothing crazy violent...I tried watching psycho pass, but it was way too much...occasional violence is okay, but I do not like a constant barrage of depraved sinister violence
-no fan service stuff...watching the first episode of highschool of the dead was just embarrassing, didnt even finish it
-Nothing Naruto/DBZ/Bleach/goofy hairstyles/power levels
-Nothing crazy long (I have been interested in Space Bros. but it looked really long)

Things Ive seen
-Death Note (amazing first season)
-Sword Art online (amazing first season, incredible really, watched the first episode of season 2 and it just undid everything that made the ending and story to the first compelling, so I pretend it doesnt exist and didnt watch it, actually one of my favorite animes Ive ever seen, but damn did that season 2 just undo everything if wikipedia summary is accurate)
-Samurai Champloo (outside of the fight scene animation, found it okay, not amazing)
-Gurren Lagaan (No idea why I like this, but there are so many FUCK YEAH moments that resonated throughout that it kept my attention and I really liked it...story went to crap second season though)
-All Satashi Kon, Miyazaki, and Ghibli stuff (love this stuff)
-Various anime films and shorts that I cant remember (I really like these because of the high quality animation)
-Currently watching attack on titan, but I have more fun making fun of it while drinking than actually watching it

CorvoSol

Adolescence of NUtena pt. 1

GAT DAYUM WAKABA. How does she do it? Girl is so cute. Oh, so everyone got a redesign except Wakaba? It's because Wakaba is perfect just the way she is. Audio and visual are not in sync and its bugging me. Not sure if I wanna mess with it more, tho.

OKAY WAIT HOLD ON THEORY TIME CUZ THIS CONVO GOT HEAVY:
What if, just like Evangelion's Rebuild, this is actually a sequel? Cuz Utena and Touga seem to know one another. I mean, they did in the show, sorta, but what if Utena is in a new dimension and is hunting for Anthy here?

Man, this entire segment would make no sense to me if I had not seen the show. No glasses, hair down, smiling and speaking on her own?
SEQUEL CONFIRMED.

Oh fuck so now they just aren't subbing anything?

Fuck I want to watch this, but I can't. If it isn't a bad audio sync its a lack of subtitles at all. Fuck.

wonzo

Banned
So I saw Mindgame recently and thought it was fucking amazing so could someone recommend me more stuff (movies or shows) along these guidelines...I still need to watch Cowboy Beebop, so I might do that

-nothing set in highschool, unless its briefly, so tired of highschool drama schtick
-nothing crazy violent...I tried watching psycho pass, but it was way too much...occasional violence is okay, but I do not like a constant barrage of depraved sinister violence
-no fan service stuff...watching the first episode of highschool of the dead was just embarrassing, didnt even finish it
-Nothing crazy long (I have been interested in Space Bros. but it looked really long)

Things Ive seen
-Sword Art online (amazing first season, incredible really, watched the first episode of season 2 and it just undid everything that made the ending and story to the first compelling, so I pretend it doesnt exist and didnt watch it, actually one of my favorite animes Ive ever seen, but damn did that season 2 just undo everything if wikipedia summary is accurate)
-Samurai Champloo (outside of the fight scene animation, found it okay, not amazing)
-Gurren Lagaan (No idea why I like this, but there are so many FUCK YEAH moments that resonated throughout that it kept my attention and I really liked it...story went to crap second season though)
-Various anime films and shorts that I cant remember (I really like these because of the high quality animation)
-Currently watching attack on titan, but I have more fun making fun of it while drinking than actually watching it
Gauche the Cellist
Kenya Boy
Fate/Zero
Angel's Egg

Up next I've got either:

Kino's Journey
Texhnolyze
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Berserk

or I could say fuck dat shit and watch Twin Peaks or The Sopranos

Six good series!

It doesn't really matter a lot, but I would watch

Evangelion > Texhnolyze > Kino's Journey > Twin Peaks > The Sopranos (last, just because it's longer)

And read Berserk manga.

Things Ive seen

You might enjoy Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet which barely wrapped up.

sn00zer

You might enjoy Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet which barely wrapped up.

Is this the one with the alien squids? My rooomate was watching it...I wasnt too into it, thanks for the suggestion though keep em coming

EDIT: Basically I now have crunchy roll at my disposal due to my roommate, but flicking through the choices seemed like a ton of stuff I would not like....lots of little girls, highschoolers, and naruto-y stuff

Is this the one with the alien squids? My rooomate was watching it...I wasnt too into it, thanks for the suggestion though keep em coming

EDIT: Basically I now have crunchy roll at my disposal due to my roommate, but flicking through the choices seemed like a ton of stuff I would not like....lots of little girls, highschoolers, and naruto-y stuff

It's better than you would expect...

Not the Naruto stuff though.

I would recommend you slow down. Before you know it you may have watched all the anime that you like and the only things left to be watched are shows about moe schoolgirls and stupid harem shows.

Kwixotik

Things Ive seen
Even after reading your post, I still don't really know what kind of taste you have, except that you have enough taste to not like shitty anime. Do you have preferences as far as setting or theme or mood go?

cajunator

Banned
Hang on... I've never seen Genshiken, but... Hiyama voiced two Madarames?!

EDIT: GODDAMMIT top of the page with a post about BLEACH.

Bwahahaha. Everyone can see!

This is amazing.

No whats amazing are those Berserk out takes.

What the hell? I don't even get it.

Exactly!

You in germany or somethin?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I would recommend you slow down. Before you know it you may have watched all the anime that you like and the only things left to be watched are shows about moe schoolgirls and stupid harem shows.
Nonsense. There is always more to watch, even if you haven't found it yet.

Things Ive seen

Kaiji Season 1 and 2

• Amuri in Star Ocean 01
w28Pd9H.png

Being CG is suffering

This is like the Twilight Zone. SOUND IN SPACE GAHH

:SDBURTON ALERT

This legitimately may be one of the weirdest things I've watched. Even FLCL was somewhat more coherent. Although, it's not making me angry yet, like Majikoi 01 was.

I have no idea what is going on right now. PANDA SHOGUN??!!

Articalys

Kaminai ep1

Interesting enough to keep watching to next week, at least.

Sheesh, I'm already up to eight new shows and there's still a few yet to air that I have my eye on.

Also, why is almost everything on Thursday/Saturday? The latter I can understand (middle of the weekend in Japan) but why the hell is such a large proportion of other shows on Thursday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom