• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

wideface/hidamaris are asexual, no reproductive organs. #truthfact
Wideface is the intermediate stage when an Ume character is about to binary divide into two Ume characters for reproductive purposes. #Truthfact

silly, no one thinks of America when it comes to blond, stylised hot chick.
So Norway is part of elite, sweet"
Just talking flags here. Knowing the art that usually gets made she'd be a cowgirl or something like that.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Except so does the US...but neither of them except france have it in that three bar design so...

Here's a hint: it looks almost identical to the bag.

I forgot what the French flag looked like.

So does US...

oh, that obvious design on the handbag is supposed to be literal, silly me, should have known better...

Well... The crosses made me think it was non-American.

Theonik

I forgot what the French looked like.
image.php

Don't cry Kayos we forgive you.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I assumed that this was the case, but those names......ehhhhhhhh. They sound like Brain Burst characters.

Not sure how I feel about the idea of
sailor senshi being a common intergalactic thing instead of something unique to the Crystal Millennium.
Manga Supers ending spoiler:
The Amazoness Quartet were corrupted Sailor Soldiers who after being saved return to dormancy until the time Small Lady is able to claim them as her own royal guard. Ceres -> Cerecere. Vesta -> Vesves. Pallas -> Parapara. Juno -> Junjun.

One attack name in Stars takes the cake for its weirdness.
Hahaha, yup!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Manga Supers ending spoiler:
The Amazoness Quartet were corrupted Sailor Soldiers who after being saved return to dormancy until the time Small Lady is able to claim them as her own royal guard. Ceres -> Cerecere. Vesta -> Vesves. Pallas -> Parapara. Juno -> Junjun.

Hahaha, yup!

Huh. I immediately recognized that their names were all derived from Greek goddesses, but I didn't make the connection.

faridmon

Just talking flags here. Knowing the art that usually gets made she'd be a cowgirl or something like that.

Fair enough. But yeah, Japan tends to stereotype when they draw a chick from a specifuc place. I wonder what a Norwegian Look like in Anime form?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Wideface is the intermediate stage when an Ume character is about to binary divide into two Ume characters for reproductive purposes. #Truthfact

Yeah she'd end up being like Daisy Duke or something.

What is Kurita
in
famous for again?

Having a sad avatar that is just oh so avatar-quote-able.

cajunator

Banned
1013033_477458262342772_1657182931_n.jpg

For BGBW.

French girls are my weakness. Hnnnnngh.
hey Im cajun. Cant help it!

Oh. That's French? FUCK!

Kayo~s

Just marathoned Gargantia. not gonna do a detailed review, because I feel lazy, but what a bloody great show that was. Very cleverly paced and delivered. It had such a strong massage as well as serifs plot set in a fully realised world and atmosphere. Some of the characteristic and the writing could have done better, but overall, it was a strong show that fully comprehended what it was going to do and did it well. I like the fact that the story has a beginning and an end to it. The full use of colour and angles was appropriately pretty as well as some of the animation. The soundtrack totally fit the mood as well. Some of those special effects needs a mention as well

8/10

It was an excellent watch. Pity it wasnt longer. I would love to spend one more cour in that world.

Shirou is at best a minor character in this show. Most of his appearances are little more than cameos, thank God. Saber will appear in this show. To say more than that is spoilers.

It helps if you have have watched or read Fate/Stay night because the show assumes familiarity with the characters as it's an alternate-universe spinoff. Several characters are actually from Fate/Hollow ataraxia and I wasn't familiar with them at all. But it's not mandatory, exactly.

That bathroom sequence is amusing if you're read the manga. They did not make any attempt at all to tone down the loli fanservice, if for no other reason than to sell more BDs I guess!

Read my post in the KeionGAF thread, i addressed this and other things in greater detail there.

Welp im watching it for sure if Saber is in it.

cnet128

Banned
Sailor Moon Stars 173:

STARLIGHT HONEYMOON THERAPY KISS. wtf

Hey, the original Precures had PRECURE RAINBOW THERAPY too! I guess all these magical girls just need therapy. Come to think of it, that might have come in useful in Madoka, huh...

One attack name in Stars takes the cake for its weirdness.

Is this about
Star Gentle Uterus
? ~.~ *hasn't seen Sailor Moon but knows that attack name by reputation*

Hey, the original Precures had PRECURE RAINBOW THERAPY too! I guess all these magical girls just need therapy. Come to think of it, that might have come in useful in Madoka, huh...

I think it says things that the first Precures needed therapy, but not the others.

Articalys

I think that picture is actually part of an ongoing Pixiv contest to design a moe mascot for Orangina.

http://www.pixiv.net/info.php?id=1667
【How to Enter】
To enter, read the passage below and illustrate a moe personification of the drink, Orangina.
——————————————
“That summer, I fell in love with Orangina.”
During a sunny, early afternoon, I went to visit my favorite cafe. The sun’s rays were shining, the wind was blowing at my cheek, and it was bustling with people. When I had met eyes with a girl sitting on the terrace, I had fallen in love.

edit: yeah, here's the pixiv page for that entry: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=36920151

Makai Ouji 01

iTmutFxl.jpg

Huh, that was better than I expected it to be.

Sure the whole stuff before the OP was basically :DTL to the max, but the rest was pretty enjoyable. Rather like the subject of using demons and probably angels and having the protag try and explain everything with science could be interesting. The action was actually pretty great as well and goat butler.

Of course, having the OP and ED sung by the seiyuus is just a bonus treat.

Theonik

It's been like a whole 2 days, so I thought I should remind you: you're dumb for liking -gatari.
糞物語

Fair enough. But yeah, Japan tends to stereotype when they draw a chick from a specific place. I wonder what a Norwegian Look like in Anime form?
Can't think of anything they'd exploit specifically unless they do a Viking thing so... Probably like they do Swedes which is this:
Not too bad.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon Stars 174:

this is why men cannot become magical girls. Sorry, Ban-kun, but it's for the best. I mean, I thought I'd seen the worst when
he attacked with his own fucking sweat
, but..........I couldn't have even fathomed that
GENTLE UTERUS
was around the corner.

GENTLE

FUCKING

UTERUS

#icant

I'm just shaking my head right now.

I don't even know what else to say so have some of Makoto's delicious tallness:

I'm going to miss her brown seifuku, though. It was nice and tomboyish.

This is ridiculous enough, but just imagine what Ikuhara would have slipped in if he were still in charge of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom