• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Love

Love Lab
Uchouten Kazoku

Genei o Kakeru Taiyou
Kiniro Mosaic

Meh

Blood Lad
Free!
Servant x Service

Bad but still watching

Gifuu Doudou
Symphogear G

Intolerable Shit

Brothers Conflict

Don't Judge Me

Monogatari S2

Yet to air

Gatchaman Crowds
Kimi no Iru Machi aka only watching this because Yamauchi
Silver Spoon
Watamote

High school Dxd new - 01
High school dxd is back !
Oppai : check
Fanservice :check

High%20School%20DxD%20NEW%20-%2001.jpg

Darkness & Despair mode activated

Now they have added some darkness in it

I have to admit , this is my least enjoyable part of the book that they are adapting but it's a necessary evil for the rest seeing as we'll have 4 bigs events that will lead the rest of the story afterwards , so i won't say much more and enjoy the story.

For someone uptodate with the book it's sad to see the Mc so weak , however.

The opening animation was alright.. the ending animation was great , but it's not as catchy as the first season opening...oh well

Blood Lad 01

UcsALxTl.jpg

Yeah, this is also awesome.

So completely stylish to the point of awesome. I really do like the color palette they are using. It seems silly to start but it definitely looks like it'll be a fun battle shounen once it get going. Hearing Ryota Ohsaka as another fun male lead is just a bonus.

Not feeling the OP or the ED though.

Nudull

Banned
Will be following:
Free!
Stella
Love Lab (I have some reservations about it, but I'll still give it a few eps.)

tbd:
Watamote
Silver Spoon
Gatchaman Crowds
Uchouten Kazoku

On hold:
Danganronpa (thank you, NISA. <3)

cajunator

Banned
CURSES.

So all the love that Prisma Ilya is getting, combined with my own inability to resist delicious loli goodness, just prompted me to finally try obtaining Fate/Stay Night so I can get that shit played already. However:

ROADBLOCK THE FIRST: lol you don't have enough space on your Vita for that game

"Okay, that's fine," I think. "I'll just transfer some Vita games to my PS3 to make room."

ROADBLOCK THE SECOND: lol dude you can't transfer stuff to your PS3 without installing a PS3 SYSTEM UPDATE

"Okay, that's fine," I think. "I have a pretty good Internet connection now, the update won't take that long."

So I perform a PS3 system update. I was right, it didn't take THAT long. Relatively speaking. Then I had to perform the actual process of transferring the games across, which also took a fair little while (gigabytes and USB aren't the best of friends), but it wasn't too much of an ordeal.

"Now back to the PlayStation Store on my Vita to get dat Fate/Stay Night!" I tell myself. But of course...

ROADBLOCK THE THIRD: Not enough funds in your Japanese PSN wallet, bitch! You only gots 1,140 yens! You need 5,250 of them!

"Okay, that's fine," I think. "It's annoying that I can't just add funds using my German credit card, like I can on my Japanese 3DS and my Japanese Wii U, but Play-Asia make it pretty easy to purchase digital PSN funds. It's a bit of a pain, but I guess I'll go and buy some now."

But before I even work up the effort to do this, I notice the final and most evil...

ROADBLOCK THE FOURTH: There's a notice on the Fate/Stay Night page on the Vita PlayStation Store. It says... "Between the 11th and the 31st of July 2013, Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] will be reduced in price from ¥5250 to ¥3990."

"Well, fuck," I say to myself. "There's no way in hell I can justify buying this today now."

And so that's the end of that story. ~.~

Sorry it didnt work out but you really arent missing much. Fsn is mediocre at best.

Kiniro Mosaic - 01

There are few, and I mean few, shows out there that can have such a strong effect on me with their first episode. Kiniro Mosaic managed to be one of them. Like, if they just stuck with them being little kids during Shinobu's homestay trip throughout the course of its run and used the second half as a final episode I would've been a crying mess
(when Shinobu was yelling "hello" while Alice was yelling "konnichiwa" as the former was being driven away, that was some heart wrenching goodness
). Like, this episode felt like an hour and in a good way. It was enjoyable seeing Shinobu's friendly and energetic personality clash against Alice's shy nature upon their first meeting and over time the latter
eventually opening up to her.
The baking, the sakura baths, the cute miscommunication and language swaps made this episode such a sweet pleasure to watch. What a delightful treat.

As it stands:

Kiniro Mosaic > Love Lab > C3-Bu > Going Home Club

Now im really sold on this!

I'm watching like 500 shows this season and I'm picking this up now aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I knowwwww. Theres just so much cute stuff this season :D Im in heaven with this stuff and only watched a little so far.

Blood Lad 1
For those familiar with the manga, does the female lead become more active or compelling? Right now she might as well just be a doll with large breasts, an object for Blood Lad to protect.

Dresden

Blood Lad 1
For those familiar with the manga, does the female lead become more active or compelling? Right now she might as well just be a doll with large breasts, an object for Blood Lad to protect.

I dropped the manga early on, so it might change later, but up to where I read - no.

survivor

Banned
Blood Lad 1

Out of the 25 chapters I read, no. She is just there for the boobs and to be rescued by the MC.

Nudull

Banned
I knowwwww. Theres just so much cute stuff this season :D Im in heaven with this stuff and only watched a little so far.

I know. I thought Madoka was just a fluke in Japan's many attempts to get me into anything cute, and then C3-bu, Love Lab and Free happened. What am I becoming?! D:

Uchoten Kazoku - 1
Right from the get-go, Masayuki Yoshihara displays his confidence as a visual director in the opening scene. It establishes the magical beings in the real world with Yasaburo's narration while swooping from the ground to the sky and back to other panning shots fluidly. A lot of the episode is pure exposition and setup that's actually handled quite well with nice framing and witty dialogue. I can definitely see the Tatami Galaxy influence with the characters here. And there's even some nice music that's used effectively, especially in the flashback scene.

I really liked this! Can't wait to watch more.

Watching For Sure

Free
Danganronpa - The Animation
Uchouten Kazoku
Blood Lad

Will Probably Follow

Servant x Service
Genshiken Nidaime
Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist
Brothers Conflict

Haven't Watched Yet

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya
Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun 2
The World God Only Knows III
Watamote!
Gin no Saji
Choujigen Game Neptune The Animation
Gatchaman Crowds

Andrew J.

Fresh Precure 01

This old bird guy is pretty cool. Reminds me of Kaepora Gaebora.

OP is all right, I'll probably skip it from now...is that a giant robot they're fighting?

Jeez, the show jumps right into romance. Guess being a year older than usual makes a difference after all.

Love's schtick is that she's always helping out other people. Sort of a proto-Mana, I guess, except she's sort of a loser and gets emotionally caught up.

Apparently she's a ditz too. Not only does she wonder off occasionally, but she can't recognize when she's in a ghost story.

The bad guys are after "Infinity". Shades of Utena's "something eternal", perhaps?

Ooh, a snarky, jaded mascot! That's a refreshing change of pace.

Just pretend I put a screencap of the concert with the caption "idol culture" here.

Eas...sounds like something I have in my game backlog.

Monster looks all right, although it doesn't seem to reflect a theme the way Heartcatch or Dokidoki monsters do.

Damn, Cure Peach doesn't fuck around! Didn't even pause to marvel at her transformation before straight up kicking monster ass.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom S2 5

kingdoms25.jpg

I can definitely see why they introduced the Palace Girls now, I certainly wasn't expecting the
Harem, controlled by the kings mother to be the third political force but it makes sense.
I wonder if they'll start to focus on Zheng's backstory now as it'd be pretty awkward going forward with this plot development if they didn't.

Blood Lad 1
Not really from the 10 Chapters I've read of it so far.

Jarmel

Banned
I know you are down on this but it looks pretty amazing to me and right up my alley. I should at least give it a chance.

When does it air?

I didn't hate it and I kinda want to see more but it feels like unnecessary elements really hold the show back from what it could be.

Did someone say, ORAGINA?

I refuse to believe that someone approved that.

---

Corvo hurry up your Madoka impressions!

CorvoSol

Episode the Second

That cabbit watched her sleep. Nightmares. Madoka having sex with her naked future self during the OP is not exactly the magical girl transformation sequence I expected. Girl's like, thirteen and she lives alone? What?
This wish fulfillment jazz sounds like a really bad Monkey's Paw deal. I'm not wrong to distrust that freaky cat thing, am I? What if I wished for you to go fuck yourself, Kyube? What miracle could you make out of that? And what if I wished for you to divide by zero? Or if I wished for more wishes? Infinite wishes? You said "I'll grant any ONE of your wishes" and I could put the emphasis there and say "Okay just one." but you also said "I'll grant ANY one of your wishes. It doesn't matter what!"

If you don't wish for more wishes the minute you're offered wishes, you are a goddamn rube.

I have to fight witches forever and you only grant ONE wish? Again, fuck you, Kyube. I wish there were no witches. TA FUCKING DA. Why didn't you EVER think of that? This whole thing REEKS.

And Madoka's mom would wish people out of existence.

Kyube is talkin' a lot of shizz 'bout witches. Apparently he got 99 probums and a witch is one. What if witches are actually just nice old ladies who happen to have bad acne and a mild interest in transmogrification?

Madoka ALWAYS has a sad face on. Like, cheer up girl. Your mom is about to do a corporate coup d'etat. Sure your dad will divorce her as she becomes a cold and heartless ambitious bitch queen and you'll only see him at select times of year and you and your baby brother will be caught up in a terrifying power struggle/custody battle, but hey! You'll be rich! And money buys you everything you will ever need or want in life.

Luring little girls into sexfighting witches with the promise of candywishes and jewelry? No, that's not 'spicious.

"Yeah! Let's go on a witch hunt!"
"Okay! I accuse Frau Bow of being a witch!"
"Yeah! We caught the witch! Now what?"
"BURN HER AT THE STAKE!"

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Hey maybe Witches are always placing curses because little girls are hunting them for an evil cat-rabbit God who promises them wishes in exchange? Blue, telepathy is a psychic power, not magical.

This entire scene is a double entendre. Madoka and Blue had sex. And Green is now jealous. Blue denies, but Madoka affirms. Green is so terrified of lesbians she drops her bag and runs in sheer, utter, and absolute horror.

Being telepathically linked has some terrifying repercussions. Like, what if Madoka is just thinkin' bout how she needs to take a massive dump during class? Suddenly her brain is transmitting this to Blue and Yellow and Cabbit.

So killing witches is a competition? That's . . . pretty fucked up. Isn't this supposed to be a kids' show? And now Kyube is like "Everyone does it!" Holy snot this little cat rabbit thing is the devil.

Blue is being surprisingly rational and thoughtful about this entire thing. I would not expect a girl her age to
throw it in Kyube's teeth and ask "why are you not giving this chance to the people who would risk everything for it?"

Random German on the wall? Prolly significant.

WAIT A MINUTE.
These teenage girls are going to go traipsing around accidents, RED LIGHT DISTRICTS, and SUICIDE HOTSPOTS?
WHAT. Witches leave the weirdest hickeys.

Curtseying guns so you can fight a clip art demon. Kay. The action sequences in this show are unexpectedly good.

Andrew J.

God, I'm watching too much anime this season:

C3-bu
Free!
Love Lab
Majestic Prince
-monogatari
Silver Spoon
Symphogear G
Watamote

Plus Toonami!

Episode the Second

That cabbit watched her sleep. Nightmares. Madoka having sex with her naked future self during the OP is not exactly the magical girl transformation sequence I expected. Girl's like, thirteen and she lives alone? What?
This wish fulfillment jazz sounds like a really bad Monkey's Paw deal. I'm not wrong to distrust that freaky cat thing, am I? What if I wished for you to go fuck yourself, Kyube? What miracle could you make out of that? And what if I wished for you to divide by zero? Or if I wished for more wishes? Infinite wishes? You said "I'll grant any ONE of your wishes" and I could put the emphasis there and say "Okay just one." but you also said "I'll grant ANY one of your wishes. It doesn't matter what!"

If you don't wish for more wishes the minute you're offered wishes, you are a goddamn rube.

I have to fight witches forever and you only grant ONE wish? Again, fuck you, Kyube. I wish there were no witches. TA FUCKING DA. Why didn't you EVER think of that? This whole thing REEKS.

And Madoka's mom would wish people out of existence.

Kyube is talkin' a lot of shizz 'bout witches. Apparently he got 99 probums and a witch is one. What if witches are actually just nice old ladies who happen to have bad acne and a mild interest in transmogrification?

Madoka ALWAYS has a sad face on. Like, cheer up girl. Your mom is about to do a corporate coup d'etat. Sure your dad will divorce her as she becomes a cold and heartless ambitious bitch queen and you'll only see him at select times of year and you and your baby brother will be caught up in a terrifying power struggle/custody battle, but hey! You'll be rich! And money buys you everything you will ever need or want in life.

Luring little girls into sexfighting witches with the promise of candywishes and jewelry? No, that's not 'spicious.

"Yeah! Let's go on a witch hunt!"
"Okay! I accuse Frau Bow of being a witch!"
"Yeah! We caught the witch! Now what?"
"BURN HER AT THE STAKE!"

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Hey maybe Witches are always placing curses because little girls are hunting them for an evil cat-rabbit God who promises them wishes in exchange? Blue, telepathy is a psychic power, not magical.

This entire scene is a double entendre. Madoka and Blue had sex. And Green is now jealous. Blue denies, but Madoka affirms. Green is so terrified of lesbians she drops her bag and runs in sheer, utter, and absolute horror.

Being telepathically linked has some terrifying repercussions. Like, what if Madoka is just thinkin' bout how she needs to take a massive dump during class? Suddenly her brain is transmitting this to Blue and Yellow and Cabbit.

So killing witches is a competition? That's . . . pretty fucked up. Isn't this supposed to be a kids' show? And now Kyube is like "Everyone does it!" Holy snot this little cat rabbit thing is the devil.

Blue is being surprisingly rational and thoughtful about this entire thing. I would not expect a girl her age to
throw it in Kyube's teeth and ask "why are you not giving this chance to the people who would risk everything for it?"

Random German on the wall? Prolly significant.

WAIT A MINUTE.
These teenage girls are going to go traipsing around accidents, RED LIGHT DISTRICTS, and SUICIDE HOTSPOTS?
WHAT. Witches leave the weirdest hickeys.

Curtseying guns so you can fight a clip art demon. Kay. The action sequences in this show are unexpectedly good.

960r7Bo.gif

Detective Conan 243:
Oh my god. Yamamura plus Ran equals maximum stupidity possible. Episodes like this are why nobody likes you, Ran. Kogorou, oddly, is the sane one of the group in this episode. He even picks up on most of what Conan is driving at without too much trouble. It's not enough to make up for Ran screaming about curses every five seconds, though.

Love Lab - 01

This was pretty good ...very nice jokes , nice comic duo , nice chemistry of characters , good setting .

Love%20Lab%20-%2001.jpg

understanding GET

There is some potential there, this anime is without a doubt in my must watch of this season.

Hattori

Banned
Genei o Kakeru Taiyou First Impression:

....huh? I seriously don't understand what just transpired in this episode.
What happened to the busty loli roomate? Is she dead? Did her existence get wiped out or something? SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW!
I really enjoyed this first episode, definitely got me interested. I can't wait for the next episode, hopefully I can get some answers.

High School DxD New 1

Yep, this is DxD. Tits and mood whiplash everywhere! The tone shift was actually less jarring than the roller coaster of a first episode we got back in season 1. And hey, Yuto is finally getting some development.

I sure did miss this show, but was the battle animation always this eh?

zeroshiki

AnimeGAF is really bad at surprises. Remember when the School Days trolling was fun? Then it got to the point where everyone would snicker at every mention of School Days and it turned into blatant trolling.

We need to work on our subtlety.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
AnimeGAF is really bad at surprises. Remember when the School Days trolling was fun? Then it got to the point where everyone would snicker at every mention of School Days and it turned into blatant trolling.

We need to work on our subtlety.
School Days is better when you know things turn out badly. Madoka though, smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom