• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon Stars 181:

qxbNl55l.jpg

It's a Satou episode! yessssssssssssssssssssss

Running gags, adult humor, non sequiturs, unnecessary attention to detail, FACES, everything that you could ever want.
The misunderstanding in the nightclub? Golden. The telephone gag and the alternating Ode to Joy/dirge? Actually made me laugh IRL. oh maaaaan.

RIP Iron Mouse ;_;

funny if this is intentional.

Highschool Dxd New 1

First line:

oppai.

more boobs, more innuendo. Interesting they are gonna talk about the dude of the cast. wonder what his thing is about.

cnet128

Banned
Fantasista Doll 1

Well, this was nothing outstanding, but it didn't make me want to drop it. (I was kind of hoping it would...) The main character Uzume is fairly cute, and a couple of the dolls stand out as pretty cute too. Mainly Shimeji (who is voiced by Akasaki Chinatsu, that girl gets everywhere lately), and possibly Akari. And I guess Catia too for the loli value, though her high-and-mighty attitude isn't very attractive.

Also they had to throw in a scene with all the girls in the bath together in the first episode. C'mon guys, that's just cheating. It wasn't even a particularly great bath scene, all things considered, but...yeah.

Oher vaguely promising aspects: the opponent this episode seemed to be a student from Uzume's school, which implies actual human conflict - always better than just fighting against generic supernatural enemies or supervillains or whatever. And the Mysterious Gentleman at the end of the episode was so unabashedly fabulous it was hilarious.

So yeah. *sigh* I guess that's another show to add to my pile...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon Stars 182:

ahahahaha this week's monster was
ROBOCOP
. I'm surprised that Aluminum Siren and Lead Crow are actually considered the best in their field considering Iron Mouse never chose a "star" to attack quite as un-starlike as a fat old cop. I'm a lover of mundane villainy but I have to wonder how all of these people ended up as elite soldiers of the greatest evil in the universe.

Is it being implied that Mamoru
hasn't been in contact with Usagi ONCE since he left
? I kind of wanted to ask
"why doesn't he just use a telephone?!?!?"
but then I remembered that
his Star Seed got taken and now he's probably just a zombie...or something

Man, I was about to have the most enormous meltdown and call for Hitokage's head, but then it dawned on me that
Chibi-Chibi is probably USAGI AND SEIYA'S KID and that the way things are going (but obviously not the way things will go), she's going to end up NTRing Mamoru and the future has already changed accordingly
. If so, that's kind of brilliant. Though, there was that
photograph of Chibiusa that was still there
at the end of the episode, so who knows.

brb looking up fanart of Aluminum Siren ASAP

CorvoSol

Isn't there already a Gundam OT. Maybe you can somehow assimilate them.

There is a Gundam one, but I kind of feel like mecha is a lot bigger than JUST Gundam. Especially since so few Gundam series even touch the Super Robot genre. And I mean, there are mecha in video games, on the big screen, in western cartoons, in live action tv shows.

It just feels like there's a lot of room there.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sailor Moon Stars 182:

Man, I was about to have the most enormous meltdown and call for Hitokage's head, but then it dawned on me that
Chibi-Chibi is probably USAGI AND SEIYA'S KID and that the way things are going (but obviously not the way things will go), she's going to end up NTRing Mamoru and the future has already changed accordingly
. If so, that's kind of brilliant. Though, there was that
photograph of Chibiusa that was still there
at the end of the episode, so who knows.
NOPE

OceanBlue

There is a Gundam one, but I kind of feel like mecha is a lot bigger than JUST Gundam. Especially since so few Gundam series even touch the Super Robot genre. And I mean, there are mecha in video games, on the big screen, in western cartoons, in live action tv shows.

It just feels like there's a lot of room there.

Oh, you mean anime + live action? I honestly don't know if the fanbases overlap too much, but I don't know anything about the fanbases for mecha or the fanbases of other media.

Yeah, mecha is a lot bigger than just Gundam. I just figured if you could bring the Gundam OT into the all-encompassing mecha OT, it'd be easier to keep the thread active.

In the end I don't really know anything about the fanbases for these types of things, lol. :V

Hattori

Banned
Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS First Impression:

I have never seen the first season, it's not for me, but this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There is definitely some pandering towards a certain demographic. I'm probably going to drop it soon, but I'll give it another episode to see if there is more to it than what I have seen so far.

V1LOQAC.png

mCTQxr6.png

hmm... =\

Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS First Impression:

I have never seen the first season, it's not for me, but this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There is definitely some pandering towards a certain demographic. I'm probably going to drop it soon, but I'll give it another episode to see if there is more to it than what I have seen so far.

Saki is the best wife.

The World God Only Knows S3 - Episode 1

I can't stand a thing about any of the girls that weren't in S2 but I'll make it by.

Looks good so far and this arc seems very interesting. Which btw Keima upgraded to a Kinect lol.

Is it bad my favorite part of Nanoha StrikerS is Fate acting motherly to Erio and Caro? It's just so adorable that it hrrrrngs. Although honestly the crap with Tiana didn't exactly sit with me correctly... and it didn't help it was drawn out over 3 or so episodes.

Is it bad my favorite part of Nanoha StrikerS is Fate acting motherly to Erio and Caro? It's just so adorable that it hrrrrngs. Although honestly the crap with Tiana didn't exactly sit with me correctly... and it didn't help it was drawn out over 3 or so episodes.

It's bad that you can somehow find a favorite part within all of that mediocrity!

Except the final episodes of the show, that was rather great.

Nafe

She's Kikuko Inoue, too.

That too! Lead Crow's good as well. They make a good team.

Say, Mad Pierrot. Talking about how Doki Doki PreCure! reminds us of Sailor Moon in different ways, having watched a bit of Stars now does MakoPi remind you somewhat of the
Starlights
when she first arrived? That's what I thought of anyway.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
High School DXD New Episode 1:

Been awhile since I have seen a harem anime this overtly sexual, that being said, this crossed vis a vis shotacon lust and I will watch no more of it.

wonzo

Banned
Huh, this is turning out much better than expected.

I was kinda excited for TWGOK S3, but I think I'll wait for really positive impressions now. Kinda bummed out on how they skipped over so much content, and I don't really have a good reason why. :<
They skipped it all so they can focus on the arc that surrounds Kanon, aka the most popular TWGOK girl in Japan. :/

That's right, they skipped some of the last genuinely dumb fun bits of the entire series for the namek arc.

The best:
good cosplay

trejo

Man Dangan Ronpa is one fugly ass show. Couldn't even make it past the character introductions before cutting my losses and calling it quits.

Also, it felt a little weird hearing Shinji's voice coming out of that one dude.

i
They skipped it all so they can focus on the arc that surrounds Kanon, aka the most popular TWGOK girl in Japan. :/

That's right, they skipped some of the last genuinely dumb fun bits of the entire series for the namek arc.

They need to sell more image songs of course!

School Days - 2

Dude. You're staring at a lewd magazine on a date. What the hell.

Don't listen to that bitch Makoto! She only wants you! Was that not obvious to you the last time?

I'm not too big a fan of the note passing sequences. Do we really need to know what the teacher is saying? Just put the subtitles below so I can follow along please!

DAMMIT. This couple is so :Cajun. But because of what everyone says, it's probably going to go down to shit later on. I don't know what's going to happen, but I'll try to keep an open mind.

Dog & Scissors - Episode 2

I knew, I knew it, I knew it. I just needed to give this show another episode and it might turn out good. So first of all the episode was pretty dramatic, but most of its comedy was at the end and it was pretty good. The MC girl just had a HUGE
personality change and her voice even turned into a nervous voice. Though it was kinda weird when at the end of the episode she was contemplating doing it with a dog, weird but funny.

I'm definitely following this show this season.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Say, Mad Pierrot. Talking about how Doki Doki PreCure! reminds us of Sailor Moon in different ways, having watched a bit of Stars now does MakoPi remind you somewhat of the
Starlights
when she first arrived? That's what I thought of anyway.

To the extent that
they both became idols to catch the attention of someone that they're searching for
, yeah. The
Starlights
are, of course, much more well-developed.

Mushibugyo 14

tAyWeCC.jpg

This is like the 5th time since Madoka that we've gotten a "big mouth facing camera, head eaten" scene.

Things are getting dark. This is some chimera ant shit right here. Action and animation was solid.

I like the new OP. It definitely seems better made than the old one, which didn't feel like it was taking into account the visuals much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom