• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 21

Oh how I missed this show while I was away.

I guess I should start calling Li "Shaoran" now, since Meilin is also a "Li".

Marathon training episode where Sakura, Shaoran, and Meilin finish last because of a Clow Card, but it was a cute ending with Shaoran carrying Meilin on his back. The scenes between Sakura and Meilin are amazing because Meilin keeps trash talking and shit, and Sakura's got that look on her face like, "What did I do to deserve this?" Awesome.

cajunator

Banned
That too! Lead Crow's good as well. They make a good team.

Say, Mad Pierrot. Talking about how Doki Doki PreCure! reminds us of Sailor Moon in different ways, having watched a bit of Stars now does MakoPi remind you somewhat of the
Starlights
when she first arrived? That's what I thought of anyway.

Nifey chan do you know where I can find fanart of tin nyanko?

Kids on the Slope got messed up at the end due to the limited episodes it had.

The thing with TWGOK S3 is that it totally teased those characters at the end of S2, like we were going to see all the awesomeness that was more captures.

And then they're like lolnope next story arc

yami4ct

Got a pretty amazing amazon box today.

dUettaR.jpg

Got to hand it to the RightStuf folks, this is a pretty amazing box set. Booklet seems nice, discs are packed well. The real treat is the artbox. Just amazing looking in person. Now, to check out the contents. Cannot wait. Should be a good way to take the edge off a shit day.

Tenumi

Banned
Lets Play! Suite Precure: 12

This episodes budget was used to create Cure Muse's costume... please bear with us...

Anyway, the search for Muse's identity began, and was inconclusive. Doesn't appear to be any of the random friends, nor does it feel like its Siren either. Oh well, looks like we get a Siren/Hummy Flashback next episode!

cajunator

Banned
Got a pretty amazing amazon box today.

Got to hand it to the RightStuf folks, this is a pretty amazing box set. Booklet seems nice, discs are packed well. The real treat is the artbox. Just amazing looking in person. Now, to check out the contents. Cannot wait. Should be a good way to take the edge off a shit day.

Which set? Pic doesnt work.

Lets Play! Suite Precure: 12

This episodes budget was used to create Cure Muse's costume... please bear with us...

Anyway, the search for Muse's identity began, and was inconclusive. Doesn't appear to be any of the random friends, nor does it feel like its Siren either. Oh well, looks like we get a Siren/Hummy Flashback next episode!

And the descent begins.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yes. Its quite made for you :p

Indeed. What the show has that I like is energy. The
pillow kissing
joke worked much better here than in Maoyuu Maou Yuusha partly because of that.

Yeah they don't hold back. They get right into it.

It holds nothing back that's for sure. It's strange how inconsistent my taste is with regards to these types of shows. Like, I can't sit through To Love Ru, but HS CxC I have mostly no problems with. I wonder if it's the tinge of fantasy or something.

Servant x Service 01:

I think I'm in love with Yamagami. She's like, the co-worker I've always dreamed of.

Blood Lad 1

QeAfQGR.jpg

Yep, that's what everyone says when they discover Final Fantasy.

I don't know how anyone can watch that OP and not think "boy, am I in for a super fun time!".

Color palette is great and damn fitting for this series. It's just a colorful world of demonic fun. They even took a page from David Production's JoJo, what with the occasional comic sound effects coupled with the over the top presentation.

I'm really excited to see some of the more amusing/cooler portions animated.

cajunator

Banned
Sorry I meant to say this

I meant to say understand. I never read the manga so all the new girls that weren't in season 2, I don't know a thing about them

Thats better! You might not understand Shiori but her voice will absolutely make you melt. Oh my god.

Indeed. What the show has that I like is energy. The
pillow kissing
joke worked much better here than in Maoyuu Maou Yuusha partly because of that.

It holds nothing back that's for sure. It's strange how inconsistent my taste is with regards to these types of shows. Like, I can't sit through To Love Ru, but HS CxC I have mostly no problems with. I wonder if it's the tinge of fantasy or something.

Servant x Service 01:

I think I'm in love with Yamagami. She's like, the co-worker I've always dreamed of.

This is on my short list. I love this kind of stuff!

Oops. Fixed now. Utena LE Box Set #2.

Niiiiice
congratzies! They are very nice sets.

The Girls That God Only Flashbacks On 01

lfM8U3Ol.jpg

I mean I get why they'll want to skip some of the conquests to reach the Goddess arc but at the same time, skipping all the girls including you know the ones that actually become relevant in this very arc they are adapting is just a little silly.

This is also basically another READ THE MANGA beforehand series which is kinda worse than Genshiken's as they managed to skip even more of the manga and some actual plot relevant things.

I am also not all that interested in this arc anymore after watching the beginning of it. So, meh. At least it was nice to hear the good OP again.

Jewelpet Kira Deco 49

A gag OP and gag recap? What is this, Gintama?

I was impressed with the way this episode brought back running gags (
the fists, Diana
) and reinterpreted them in unexpected ways to turn them into important punchlines. A joke that's been set up over 49 episodes can hit pretty hard. In general, this show has a good sense of continuity for a gag comedy, which shows good planning on the part of the writers.

Masao Ookubo again brings some strong layouts:

Quasar

Genshiken Nidaime #1 - tried this out before trying to go back and find the earlier stuff (I haven't watched any). Rather liked it. Instantly warmed to Ohno and Hato, and to a lesser extent Ogiue. Definitely want to see the earlier stuff now.

Hattori

Banned
Genshiken Nidaime #1 - tried this out before trying to go back and find the earlier stuff (I haven't watched any). Rather liked it. Instantly warmed to Ohno and Hato, and to a lesser extent Ogiue. Definitely want to see the earlier stuff now.

Definitely check out the earlier ones, they're so much better in comparison.

Defuser

Dog and Scissors ep 2

Going dere dere over a dog :| Just take one more step and it will be full blown beastiality.

JAAAAAAAAPAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!

e_i

Watamote Opening

HOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

That's the weirdest metalcore song I've ever heard. But I love it. Can't for the MADs.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 22

A while ago there was a thread in OT about the best anime dads. Anybody who watched this show and yet went into that thread and didn't mention Sakura's dad needs to be banned. Like, from the Earth. He really is such a great father for Sakura (and Toya), especially considering he's raised her as a single father since she was about three years old. Many dads I know (not necessarily mine, he was pretty cool about this stuff usually) would have flipped out when they saw that (I don't know why Sakura used Windy to capture Sleep), but not her's. He hugged her, told her it was all right, and then let her help him put his manuscript back together. Both Toya and Sakura will be fine if he stays around doing what he's doing.

TWGOK godess arc first thoughts

Why the hell couldn't you have made an ova for that arc ( like tenri ) in order to prepare for the godess season .

WHYY ??

That was money to be made , it would have pleased everyone ... this 40 sec flashback doesn't count !!!!

kasane

Why the hell couldn't you have made an ova for that arc ( like tenri ) in order to prepare for the godess season .

WHYY ??

That was money to be made , it would have pleased everyone ... this 40 sec flashback doesn't count !!!!

Money.

WHYY ??

goddess arc sucks.

if it ends up taking up the entire season imma be so P.O'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom