• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

The OP song is great, the animation is great, the message of the whole OP... very weird. I understand the chains but what's with the whole making her look like a psycho and scratching the screen and stuff? She's supposed to be socially awkward like the summary of the show says, not crazy.

That's better! Good song, and gets the message off better.

Just so you know : the loli teacher is actually older than the mage guy .. no i'm not kidding.
And most mages actually suck when they can't use magic because 99.999% of them rely on said magic too much

The magic part of the index franchise is quite complicated , but you can find enjoyment if you don't try to process all the information at once.

Geez, dat loli teacher. Yeah I'm probably thinking too much about the magic system. Still wish they made it simpler, because it's nice to know how powers work so you can guess what could happen next for the hero to win a battle.

Theonik

Strike Witches 07
ib2qB2U2ZWgPJP.png

Quality title yet again
Quite an absurd premise for an episode which yet is totally fitting for this sort of shows. Interestingly this is the first episode with no Neuroi appearance at all.
The characters really shine in this environment I find too. The scene with the witches sleeping probably got more of my attention than it deserved. Some :Chet there too. I must say Lucchini and Perrine are sort of stealing the show for me at the moment. Though all witches are great so far. I'm also fond of the OrussiaxSuomus ship right now.
A good amount of butts. Probably to make up for last episode.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Strike Witches 07

Quite an absurd premise for an episode which yet is totally fitting for this sort of shows. Interestingly this is the first episode with no Neuroi appearance at all.
The characters really shine in this environment I find too. The scene with the witches sleeping probably got more of my attention than it deserved. Some :Chet there too. I must say Lucchini and Perrine are sort of stealing the show for me at the moment. Though all witches are great so far. I'm also fond of the OrussiaxSuomus ship right now.

Looking back, Strike Witches had so many solid pairings. Good stuff. #golfclap

Strike Witches 07

Ah yeah... the great Hitler's hat episode. Good stuff!

Tenumi

Banned
Strike Witches 07

Ah man... I want to watch Strike Witches again and finally watch the second season. But I have no extra money for it....

I remember some sub group editing this episode for a little "extra" uncensorship back in the day. Fansub groups are weird people.

Interesting indeed. What is this show about again?

I think this post I made a bunch of pages back describes it well.

It's all the things you hate about yourself rolled into one extremely awkward person that makes you think "no one is THAT awkward" and "yeah, I've totally done/thought that" at the same time. It hits WAY too close to home at points, at least for me.

Basically, it will potentially be more uncomfortable and awkward to watch than Aku no Hana depending on who you ask.

Theonik

They really did.
I mean if you think about it, the whole setup of the show is built around it. They tried to do something similar on Vividred but obviously the cast was smaller and the focus was different there thus leading to different results.

CorvoSol

The ones that has shoulder blush are girls. I'm sure of it.

But everyone's shoulders are covered! How can I tell when they blush?

The devil can assume a variety of forms.

Yeah, but I just didn't think cat-rabbit was gonna be his first choice, y'know? But that thing is Satan.

Well, yeah, I'm not sure why people like to talk so much about episode 3 of Madoka.
It was no Shyamalan style nonsense twist but exactly what you could expect after the first episodes.

I think if I hadn't watched Code Geass before, it would have gotten me. And if there hadn't been as much hint hint nudge nudge. Like, if I'd just been expecting "a magical girl show" then it wouldn't have been as much.

On the other hand, the show does kinda hint that this ain't your momma's magical girl show, most obviously with its music, but also with the action sequences. It's been a good, long time since I watched a magical girl show, but I don't remember music being like it is during the witch hunt sequences, and I certainly don't remember seeing someone wield shotguns.

Are you saying duckroll isn't classy? Are you?

Do you know? Do you know? Do you know that duckroll isn't classy at all?

Is corvo only watching one episode of AO a day? He needs to watch more...

GAFfers gotta eat, man.

I'd take old ugly nier over young pretty boy nier any day of the week.

Well yeah, but that's kind of the point.

Theonik

Ah man... I want to watch Strike Witches again and finally watch the second season. But I have no extra money for it....

I remember some sub group editing this episode for a little "extra" uncensorship back in the day. Fansub groups are weird people.
That's where my posts come in to motivate you to get a second job and buy it!
Also these groups sound like good people for me.
Edit: I now want to seek said edited episode.

Ah yeah... the great Hitler's hat episode. Good stuff!
Haha, that's awesome.

Yeah, but I just didn't think cat-rabbit was gonna be his first choice, y'know? But that thing is Satan.
It's his modus operandi. Coming where you least expect. Also I'd guess a cute mascot character would be a correct form for young girls in Japan.

cajunator

Banned

Wow. I remember that prediction. Impressive to be sure!

Its bizarre. This show will really be something else.

I didn't know it was sarcasm.... =/

You do this on purpose, don't you?

Oh god. Sooooo adorable! But also pretty creative with the phones. what a neat idea!

Ojamajo Doremi # - 15

They didn't even need
magic
this episode, because Masaru-kun(
he did it again
) just want to be rebellious and misunderstood, and when he stops to hear Seki-sensei all ends well.

The World God Only Knows S3:
clp.png

That was fairly good opening episode. They skipped couple of arcs though and only showed couple of min recap flashback of those.

Dresden

Will Pacific Rim be eligible for AOTY voting? tia

Well, it has Rinko Kikuchi, and if Kurita can talk about live-action japanese stuff here in the anime thread surely we can allow a movie with live japanese people into the anime of the year voting. I think this is like, impeccable logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom