• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jewelpet Kira Deco 47

Everyone logs into an MMO and shows how online personas let you become everything you wish you were in real life:

AjfUYnu.jpg

mEBmro0.jpg

Swapping genders!

Being a jerk!

Talking to members of the opposite sex!

... And some fantasies too horrible to speak of.

An interesting theme that has emerged as we reach the end here is the association of the forces of darkness with online escapism. The main villain's plan so far has been to use the powers of the darkened decostones to
turn everyone on Earth into Internet-addicted hikikomori. Seems like he might have a grudge against "real life" too.
A little girls' toy show isn't the place I'd expect to see the dangers of isolating yourself in a fictional world presented, but it's the right kind of lesson for little kids to be learning.

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East Episode 14 – Doll
tumblr_mpmw1nb6gt1qzj6elo1_500.gif

Everyones back and just more close friendly scenes with them all, love it. Wonder fang is a great OP by Faylan though I would put it at slightly lower than God Fate. God Fate was slightly catchier. In terms of visuals though this one was good even if it potentially spoils who the rest of the eight are
favorites 1 and 2 excluding Shino

Great start to the season and the in anime singer was quite catchy. I replayed it a few times as I liked the song (the bells and counting upwards, thanks crunchyroll for subbing it).
Am hoping Daikuku joins Shino's company

Aizo

Banned
Move faster? It just finished an arc in less than ten episodes...

I'm not necessarily blaming the adaptation, but the source material as well. I wish they would just go back to the Gourmet world already. I've found the past few arcs incredibly boring. It's just dragging on too long. I used to like Toriko more than almost any other Shounen series, too.

cnet128

Banned
Monogatari SS 1 (Nekomonogatari White 1)

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

It feels so good to have new Monogatari, please give me more so I can insert it directly into my veins.

It actually felt really appropriate that I read the novel version of Hitagi Crab before watching this, since there were a lot of links and parallels here. The most obvious being
viewpoint character getting dragged to Senjougahara's apartment where she proceeds to strip down to underwear and beyond without the slightest sign of embarrassment
, but there were also direct references back to the events of that story and stuff. I wonder, was that
makeshift desk-bed Hanekawa was sleeping on the same one that Oshino was mentioned as sleeping on in his first appearance
? Lewd.

The new Hanekawa viewpoint on things is interesting and does make everything feel strangely fresh. Good to see best girl in the history of all anime forever Mayoi again, too, though from the deliberately unsubtle hints dropped in this episode (to the point of fourth-wall breaking =p) I'm guessing she won't really be showing up much until the next arc.

I feel like I really need to get back to reading more of the novel now. My body is craving more Monogatari. God I love this series.

Tenumi

Banned
Seems like all my shows are tame goody goody moe shows right now. I feel like my watch list is lacking in fanservice. Not even Motto To Love-Ru is enough to compensate. Think I might dig into my backlog soon...

(Maken-Ki? Kissxsis TV? Heck, High School DxD season 1)

Jewelpet Kira Deco 48

I always like to see a gag comedy that can carry a character development subplot for a while and then manage to resolve it in a satisfactory manner. That's going above and beyond the call of duty.

I also like to see a comedy with attack catchphrases like "Burning Billionaire!" and "Singer/Songwriter!"

And of course, who can resist hip fashion sense like this:

Just finished watching Sound of the Sky, finally.

Pretty good series. Soundtrack was excellent. But what was the deal with
Rio marrying the emperor? Did she or didn't she? The only mention they even made of it was in episode 12. They just mentioned quickly that she became his fianceé and that was the end of it.
They were kinda vague on that. And what?
All it takes to end a war is tossing a woman his way?

Fantasista Doll 1

Cute girls doing Cute Duel Monsters Precure battles.

Yeah this show is kinda shit. Some of the characters have nice outfits though. And the whole henshin sequence is fun. Weirdly similar to the 'Guns we need lots of guns' sequence from the Matrix.

They skipped it all so they can focus on the arc that surrounds Kanon, aka the most popular TWGOK girl in Japan. :/

That's right, they skipped some of the last genuinely dumb fun bits of the entire series for the namek arc.

This sucks. Bring back old TWGOK please.

CmL5PV9.png

Rescue Me!

I just kinda skimmed through this and it also didn't have subs, but what I gathered is that four girls keep having delusions about getting raped by the MC (and in one case the other way around) because who fucking knows. It was okay.

Also I think Maou's seiyuu was the MC too. It was almost as good as the hentai that I'm pretty sure Sugita was in.

cnet128

Banned
I feel like my watch list is lacking in fanservice.

I can only presume this means you are not watching Monogatari. This is a problem that you should fix.

Monogatari contains enough lewdness and fanservice to drown a metaphorical whale, and yet still somehow avoids feeling tasteless. I don't even know how it does it.

Rescue Me!

I just kinda skimmed through this and it also didn't have subs, but what I gathered is that four girls keep having delusions about getting raped by the MC (and in one case the other way around) because who fucking knows. It was okay.

I saw a PV of this and it looked... ok. All I know is that in that PV one of the girls looked like a yandere, and that's how you garner my interest fast. Will watch just for that.

iavi

Free 1

This shit cracked me up. Haru is the usual too cool for anything wet-towel--hell, the whole cast fit their specific archetypes to the T, but it's fun still, and production seemed on point. Probably gonna keep up with this one.

It also has the best ED so far

cajunator

Banned
That image is making my head hurt...

Fantasista Doll: 01

Goodness sakes those uniforms are adorable. Anyway, this one was actually kinda neat and left me wanting more, which I suppose its a good thing. The bad thing, however, is its the type of series that feels like it should be a 24-50 episode show, not a 12 like it is.

This also looks relevant to my interests.

The World God Only Knows S3 - Episode 1

I can't stand a thing about any of the girls that weren't in S2 but I'll make it by.

Looks good so far and this arc seems very interesting. Which btw Keima upgraded to a Kinect lol.

You didnt like Shiori?

Good. I thought I was going to have to hurt you depending on what you thought of her character when she arrived.

:Ayase

Vacation time is now over.

And I already miss it .

Vacation time starts tomorrow at 6 am sharp :D

Love Lab 01:

I first I was all

and then I was all

Yes. Its quite made for you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom