• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Well, it has Rinko Kikuchi, and if Kurita can talk about live-action japanese stuff here in the anime thread surely we can allow a movie with live japanese people into the anime of the year voting. I think this is like, impeccable logic.

This is a non-serious comment, right? Cuz I can't tell.

OceanBlue

I was kinda excited for TWGOK S3, but I think I'll wait for really positive impressions now. Kinda bummed out on how they skipped over so much content, and I don't really have a good reason why. :<

Theonik

Kyubey? hes in my room.
RIP

Best part is that Kyubei contracts are only marginally less deceptive than credit card contracts.

That looks so much more awesome than my silly old bank card...
Sometimes I wish I had access to those anime Credit Cards but then I realise I don't have a single CC and would never really use one so that thought goes out the water.

CorvoSol

rip Gargantia

Shoulda sprung for an extra pencil in the show's budget. Still, I'll take CG mecha over "we forgot to finish recoloring this Titan's foot."

rip VVV

eru-erufu robbed of his oscar

Yeah but next season's preview had some hand drawn mechs, I thought.

Go to hell tin can!

I'm just saying that 2D girlsmecha are better than 3D girlsmecha!

Gundam EVOLVE 11

Some dude goes into A Baoa Qu 9 days after the end of the One Year War and is surprised that there are still Zeon Remnants inside. Way to not be prepared at all, dumbass.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Under the current rules it looks like that Gunpla Something Something is going to sweep the Mechies this year.

Articalys

Sarcasm and jokes aside, I honestly wouldn't have a problem with people listing Pacific Rim in their honorable mentions section if they liked it enough.

Also the fact that the MCs are dubbed for the Japanese release by Tomokazu Sugita and Megumi Hayashibara.

CorvoSol

Under the current rules it looks like that Gunpla Something Something is going to sweep the Mechies this year.

It may be a giant commercial for Bandai and Gunpla, but at least it is a well animated commercial.

Gundam EVOLVE 12

Focusing on Lt. Quattro Bajeena, this episode deals with a segment of him training in a Rick Dias, and failing to defeat a simulation of the Red Comet's Custom Zaku. Astonaige asks if he wants the Hyaku Shiki painted red, which he decides against. He's then seen in a bar with a woman as a drunk stumbles in, claiming to be Char Aznable, the Red Comet. After that, he launches in the Hyaku Shiki, and the episode ends with him fighting a simulation of Amuro Ray in the Gundam RX-78-2.

Strike Witches 07

Quite an absurd premise for an episode which yet is totally fitting for this sort of shows. Interestingly this is the first episode with no Neuroi appearance at all.
The characters really shine in this environment I find too. The scene with the witches sleeping probably got more of my attention than it deserved. Some :Chet there too. I must say Lucchini and Perrine are sort of stealing the show for me at the moment. Though all witches are great so far. I'm also fond of the OrussiaxSuomus ship right now.
A good amount of butts. Probably to make up for last episode.

Both episode 7s are super great stuff, looking forward to your eventual impression of S2's.

cajunator

Banned
RIP

Best part is that Kyubei contracts are only marginally less deceptive than credit card contracts.

Sometimes I wish I had access to those anime Credit Cards but then I realise I don't have a single CC and would never really use one so that thought goes out the water.

Ill be fine. He just stands there looking cute on top my shelf, staring.

Gonna be starting the next episode of School Days in a bit. Wish me luck.

Gooood luck!

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 12-13

Ok I stand-corrected. Santana is freakier than Straits. Holy cannoli! Parasite type enemies are the worst! Watchin' their skin crawl makes my skin crawl! Stroheim became an honorable bro and Joseph pulled off some next-level badassery!

CorvoSol

Gundam Evolve 13

Jonathan, like anyone on the Titans' side not named Emma Sheen, has his head so far up his ass its amazing he can still pilot his Marasai. His face looks like something from a Hirai work, and in fact, Jonathan's character and this whole episode feels more at home in Gundam SEED or the filth that comes after than it does in Zeta Gundam. Especially that mad techno remix about how Shinji mustn't run away.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 12-13

Ok I stand-corrected. Santana is freakier than Straits. Holy cannoli! Parasite type enemies are the worst! Watchin' their skin crawl makes my skin crawl! Stroheim became an honorable bro and Joseph pulled off some next-level badassery!

And it keeps scaling from there

• The World God Only Knows S3 01

The greatest anime in the world has returned.

Keima-bro has returned.

Wait. WAIT they're skipping over an entire romance arc?! NOOOOOooooooo!!
No wait. TWO?! NOOOOOOoooooo!!!
No... wait. THREE?!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!!

Man... those story arcs were really good, too. :mad: Not a good start, not a good start at all.

At least the Engrish OP is par for course and excellent as always. Sikuretsu of ze Goddess!

I'm getting kinda sick of Kanon. She wasn't even the most endearing capture of the first season. ...but hey! This season's getting on with real plot. I guess that's what we get in lieu of more captures. Which kinda sucks because I loved it.

I'm glad I watched the Tenri-hen OVA, because otherwise what's going on would make no sense. So uh to anybody else who wants to watch this season, seems like the Tenri OVA is pretty much required.

i9t9enZ.png

Everybody wants a piece of Keima-my man.

I love how by this point, Keima's taking it all in stride. Although now all of Keima's broness is coming back to him. Except unlike School Days this'll all be fun and happy endings.

J5STMyb.png

:( I want Jun back.

HOLY SHOOT AN ACTUAL ANTAGONIST !!!!!!

This season feels a whole lot different tonally than the other seasons. Morgul Blades are great and all, but I am anxiously awaiting for things to be light and fun again.

cajunator

Banned
  • The World God Only Knows S3 01

The greatest anime in the world has returned.

Keima-bro has returned.

Wait. WAIT they're skipping over an entire romance arc?! NOOOOOooooooo!!
No wait. TWO?! NOOOOOOoooooo!!!
No... wait. THREE?!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!!

Man... those story arcs were really good, too. :mad: Not a good start, not a good start at all.

At least the Engrish OP is par for course and excellent as always. Sikuretsu of ze Goddess!

I'm getting kinda sick of Kanon. She wasn't even the most endearing capture of the first season. ...but hey! This season's getting on with real plot. I guess that's what we get in lieu of more captures. Which kinda sucks because I loved it.

I'm glad I watched the Tenri-hen OVA, because otherwise what's going on would make no sense. So uh to anybody else who wants to watch this season, seems like the Tenri OVA is pretty much required.

i9t9enZ.png

Everybody wants a piece of Keima-my man.

I love how by this point, Keima's taking it all in stride. Although now all of Keima's broness is coming back to him. Except unlike School Days this'll all be fun and happy endings.

J5STMyb.png

:( I want Jun back.

HOLY SHOOT AN ACTUAL ANTAGONIST !!!!!!

This season feels a whole lot different tonally than the other seasons. Morgul Blades are great and all, but I am anxiously awaiting for things to be light and fun again.

Thats kind of an interesting change. Not sure how I will take to it. I like the captures too. It was fun seeing how he would get the kiss, through the power of his portable.
That sounds kinda dirty.

iavi

VR1.jpg

Animugaf, I actually wanted that really, really bad.

Was pleasantly surprised to see it have some representation there at AX already. Simulcasts really are the best thing for this industry's awareness.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
FMQvZBN.jpg

After that Teekyuu shot that someone posted over the weekend, I'm now convinced that Japan believes that every black person is named Bob.

CorvoSol

That thing is pretty awesome. I could see myself collecting the mechs from Lagrange. Those were so pretty and fun looking.

Hell yeah, especially if the Vox Ignis comes with its LASER CAPE.

Gundam EVOLVE 15

Not a bad way to end the series. This is a retelling of episode 33 of MSG, focusing on Challia Bull. Challia is from Jupiter, like Paptimus, and to which Judau and Roux would later move. Challia, like Ramba Ral, is something of a noble enemy who really isn't a bad guy, and is just doing his duty. Unfortunately he happens to be a New Type at a time when Ghiren Zabi desperately wants them.

Aizo

Banned
I watched episodes 101-111 of Toriko today. I've been watching it since episode one first aired, but it's time to drop it. I wish the series would have moved faster. It has been boring for about a year.

C3bu 1

club of cute girls doing cute stuff while eating cake with guns.

You really should tie up your hair before airsofting, just sayin'.

I do needa watch rambo again lol.

Fun show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom