• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Index - 24 episodes
Railgun - 24 episodes
Index II - 24 episodes
Railgun S - 24 episodes

For the first railgun, watch episode 4,8,9,10,11,12 which is the level upper arc and 20,21,22,23 and 24 which is related to the level upper arc although it's a filler. Ignore the rest since its filler.

Right now Railgun S is at the part where it coicides with ep 10 to 14 of the first Index.
I don't see the point of ignoring some episodes in railgun.
Yeah some episodes are filler but it's not like nothing happens and they use those time to implement more character develloppement for everyone pleasure.

If those were bad fillers i'd understand but they actually thought of some nice individual episode fillers for better understanding what's going on.

Skipping them would be a waste.

You could have said your butt was on the line. You're losing it!

He'll be bringing up the rear at this rate.

sigh*

cajunator

Banned
I don't see the point of ignoring some episodes in railgun.
Yeah some episodes are filler but it's not like nothing happens and they use those time to implement more character develloppement for everyone pleasure.

If those were bad fillers i'd understand but they actually thought of some nice individual episode fillers for better understanding what's going on.

Skipping them would be a waste.

sigh*

You gotta source for that avy?

Jex

Yeah it seems unlikely. They'd have to decide how they were going to adapt it pretty early on which means that they had probably decided they didn't want to do the later battles from the start. Honestly the whole AoT production seems like a rushed cash-grab to me.

Maybe it went to the lowest bidder? I'm not sure how these deals actually work out.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Girls und Panzer - OVA 5

q30p7Yz.png

New pairing found. They have such good chemistry with each other its ridiculous, their extensive knowledge with military history also helps as well. While I have quite a few ships in this show already, this one just feels....right.

Ships aside the episode was enjoyable. They
infiltrated the enemy base like bosses and got the intel they needed with just a cup of cocoa. That poor freshman girl though.. she'll be getting it from her superiors later!

Tenumi

Banned
Yuyushiki: 12 (End)

Ah... So worth the time spent watching this. Something about those stupid comedy shows where nothing of importance happens always makes me smile. These are the shows I really like. Sad to see another one end...

cajunator

Banned
??

oh Avy !

Note to self : avy = avatar

**Noted **

I don't have a source ..i was looking in my miku database ( personnal database i've made ) i found this under : undefined ( so when i got it i couldn't find the source )

I can give you the original picture if you wish.

Yeah the original picture = source heehee

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Re: Cutie Honey ] - 1: Heaven

While this OVA series is technically directed by Hideki Anno I couldn't detect a single hint of his style in this first episode. ANN lists Anno as the Chief Director rather than as a specific episode director or storyboarded.
Wait for episode three, aka the most overlooked love letter to Evangelion of all time.

sonicmj1

Akio is adopting the surname of the family he's marrying into. Ohtori Academy, remember?

Gendo Rokubungi in Evangelion does the same thing when marrying Yui Ikari.

One of the teachers at my school changed family names between last year and this year because he married and adopted his wife's family name.

Rayearth

Neo Member
That was arguable the best portrayal of Little Women I've seen yet but I have to give the nod to the Toku and Swan Lake performances. I guess I'l have to check out the manga and that spinoff to help tide me over till the Anzio OVA and the movie. :(

There's also the manga Sailor-fuku to Juusensha, though only three chapters of its eight volumes have been translated. Nogami needs to be a bro and make bilingual releases again.

Here's a preview from volume 8 - I like to tell everyone that this is Momo, ten years from now: http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/9891/scan085.jpg

She uses THAT to fight this: http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2341/scan087.jpg

Good rendition for sure! Also, no one asked for it but I'll post the 'chibi-panzerlied' mix anyway. :-D

chibi-panzerlied - Vìdeo Dailymotion
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyyohk_chibi-panzerlied

I'm trying to find the youtube link of that, since it had the name of the group that made that. I have a feeling that its one of those doujin groups that also do Touhou vocal remixes.

I kind of want to take a recording of that to Otto Carius' place in Germany, to see if just the sound of it kills him.

outside of the recent fight everything just reaks of 'Hey i saw this years ago'. accelerator being a dick kinda loses the impact after he sorta became an anti-hero in index s2.

Sure it's retelling of the story that we have seen but in index this arc was pretty damn shallow as there was so few episodes deticated to it. Jumped from point A to C with skipping B and didn't really give us much background story. It was hard to feel emotionally invested when they were in such a hurry. Here you can actually see the anguish of Mikoto and the whole scheme behind the project. Maybe it also helps though that before this you have seen 72 epispdes of index/railgun so you are already gotten used to the characters.

Sure it's retelling of the story that we have seen but in index this arc was pretty damn shallow as there was so few episodes deticated to it. Jumped from point A to C with skipping B and didn't really give us much background story. It was hard to feel emotionally invested when they were in such a hurry. Here you can actually see the anguish of Mikoto and the whole scheme behind the project. Maybe it also helps though that before this you have seen 72 epispdes of index/railgun so you are already gotten used to the characters.

tbf its kinda hard to get emotionally invested in anything of this universe because everything is so over the top and ridiculous lol.

Isn't the whole purpose of Academy city to drug and force abilities out of people? The headmaster is a floating upsidedown body in a tube lol!

And then they try talking serious about cloning/lab rat ethics lol.

tbf its kinda hard to get emotionally invested in anything of this universe because everything is so over the top and ridiculous lol.

Isn't the whole purpose of Academy city to drug and force abilities out of people? The headmaster is a floating upsidedown body in a tube lol!

And then they try talking serious about cloning/lab rat ethics lol.

Well when you put it that way yeah lol

Just feel that they have done good job fleshing out this arc when in original index they went trough it so quickly. I must be one of the few though that also liked Index II more than original index lol.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
At this point, the most popular shows on the poll are still Gatchaman Crowds, Free!, and Watamote. Followed by Silver Spoon, Blood Lad, Danganronpa, and Monogatari S2. Everything else is at 4% or lower.

Among other things, I find it interesting that the only show that could possibly be classified as "moe" among the most popular choices is Watamote. Every other "moe"/CGDCT show is fairly low in the rankings (Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku and Ro-Kyu-Bu S2 are only at 1%, and Kiniro Mosaic is at 2%, while Love Lab is at 3%).

So I wonder if Watamote's premise is strong enough to get people who normally don't watch such things to give it a try. Or maybe if it's just that all the other shows of that type are just too weak to garner much interest (or in the case of RKB, shit's just creepy).

Wow. Time to get hyped.

Yeah it seems unlikely. They'd have to decide how they were going to adapt it pretty early on which means that they had probably decided they didn't want to do the later battles from the start. Honestly the whole AoT production seems like a rushed cash-grab to me.

It's just perplexing as to why they would want to spend so much time just sitting around and talking. Or why they would focus so much of the series around the Battle for Trost, nobody's favorite part of the manga.

It's definitely rushed and a cash grab, but even with that in mind some of these decisions make no sense.

The fact this is AnimeGAF sort of makes this poll biassed though.

There's also the fact that Gatchaman Crowds is going to be great.

Protip: you could totally have found that by performing a Google reverse-image search on the avatar itself.

Searching by image is such a powerful tool, I love it.

I love it too but it's still worth asking because it doesn't find non cropped versions of images which a lot of people do with their avatars.

Okay, one last time for the poll, since I'd like to get up to 50 voters (at 46 now):

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=51ca1135e4b02da0afa0c6de

done. Hopefully more interesting in aggregate compared to individual summer watch lists. Hilarious that Kanetsugu To Keiji, whatever the hell that is, is the only one with 0% so far.

cnet128

Banned
After making that post about reverse image searching for avatar origins, I thought maybe I should test it out some more to see how effective it really is and whether it could find cropped avatars' sources too.

My conclusions:

It's pretty effective.

cajunator

Banned
After making that post about reverse image searching for avatar origins, I thought maybe I should test it out some more to see how effective it really is and whether it could find cropped avatars' sources too.

My conclusions:

It's pretty effective.

Cant find mine, eh?

Theonik

It's just perplexing as to why they would want to spend so much time just sitting around and talking. Or why they would focus so much of the series around the Battle for Trost, nobody's favorite part of the manga.

It's definitely rushed and a cash grab, but even with that in mind some of these decisions make no sense.
Dumb decisions rarely make sense.

There's also the fact that Gatchaman Crowds is going to be great.
Here's hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom