• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Would we all have that foreigner voice that goes "OHHHHH NOOOOO" all the time?
003HRJIl.jpg

DAIJOUBU

BluWacky

Actually I have a minor adjustment to my previous statement relating to NeraGaku:
despite one of the girls being a childhood friend with an unrequited love interest, in the course of the movie, she gets shit done and confesses properly. Granted it took her however many years in story terms but the important thing is she got it done in a logical way in comparison to every other fucking useless character.

Technically, Natsuki also confesses to Kenji when they're, like, six, but because of the convenient deafening fireworks he doesn't hear her...

CorvoSol

You know, that Scrappy Doo is only a commission away.

I'm pretty sure using my money to finance a hobo's heroin addiction is a more constructive usage of funds.

I just want you to know that i was waiting for your reaction to this episode.

dbasrVw.jpg

And this is just the beginning...

Siscons. Siscons in every show. I don't remember the last recommended show AnimeGAF gave me that didn't have Siscons. The Big O?

AnimeGAF: The Anime would be 13 episodes of everyone being tsundere for each other.

Pretty sure Cajun qualifies as our token Loli, and I can't help but believe I'm not sweet enough to qualify for tsundere. I'm more like Attack on Titan: in Forum POST form.

Ellen Page will play me.

And then be not flattered by the similarity.

I thought this was the Dark Souls of harems

Its the Citizen Kane of Dark Souls.

After making that post about reverse image searching for avatar origins, I thought maybe I should test it out some more to see how effective it really is and whether it could find cropped avatars' sources too.

My conclusions:

It's pretty effective.

HAHA! I was first! I am the greetest!

Stop trying to kill me please.

ALRIGHT, IM HOME, I'M WET, I'M EXHAUSTED! WHAT ANIME FITS FOR ME TO WATCH RIGHT NOW?

cajunator

Banned

Thats...frightening.

I'm pretty sure using my money to finance a hobo's heroin addiction is a more constructive usage of funds.

Siscons. Siscons in every show. I don't remember the last recommended show AnimeGAF gave me that didn't have Siscons. The Big O?

Pretty sure Cajun qualifies as our token Loli, and I can't help but believe I'm not sweet enough to qualify for tsundere. I'm more like Attack on Titan: in Forum POST form.

And then be not flattered by the similarity.

Its the Citizen Kane of Dark Souls.

BAKA BAKA ONII-SAN!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ghost in the Shell: Arise OVA 1

The important points have already been noted by others. It's a less philosophical take on GitS, it has some excellent animation and fight choreography, the narrative is adequate for a cyberpunk procedural that reintroduces the Major and lays the foundation for the formation of Section 9. It also has ridiculous Microsoft Surface product placement.

More than anything, it just made me want to marathon SAC again, but I just don't have the time/motivation. Someday.

Taruranto

Eh, Utena insect definitely isn't on the same level of, dunno, Oreimo. In Oreimo is just a fetish for otaku to masturbate to, in Utena is something more complex and an important story element. It actually adds to the narrative. It's like, dunno, a Greek Tragedy.

Gundam Seed HD Remeaster 42 (bd)
tumblr_mp0xmbiZzb1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Seeing them in pain is painful, if they can be relieved sometime. Maybe Azrael can lose or something and be removed from their command. But as Living CPU's maybe theyd be kicked to the side once their utility hit zero :( I just want them all to have a good end and not be off'd by the plot just for plot reasons. Though I have faith considering how Seed has gone so far
yesterday's enemies becoming todays friends (Athrun, Dearka, for example)

What is Flay even doing why cant she just stay safe and secure in the quarters instead of launching out...and the whole reveal with Mu and Rau, I might pop in 43 immediately just to finally figure out the connection and why they sense each other.

Tenumi

Banned
Motto To Love-ru: 02

NSFW image hidden.

This is definitely one of those guilty pleasure series. I mean, the plot is non-existent, pretty much every chapter/episode seems to involve somebody ending naked, and yet... I'm totally OK with that. Not every series needs to be a masterpiece, after all.

Articalys

Speaking of GITS:
With the release of Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Production I.G founder Mitsuhisa Ishikawa has been discussing the history and future of the sci-fi series. Along with offering insight into its production history, Ishikawa notes that the studio would like to get creator Masamune Shirow's approval for making more GiTS. Ideally, it would becoming a continuing franchise, with a role along the lines of the one that the regularly revived Gundam serves at Sunrise.

Ishikawa estimates that 90% of Ghost in the Shell fans are international, with only 10% of the series' followers residing in Japan. This could be an opportunity to win over a larger audience.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-aims-to-make-ghost-in-the-shell-their-gundam

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 3

Single dads exist.

And the teacher chucks chalk at students who are talking during class. That's abuse, lady.

Part of Doremi's training to be a witch really should include when not to use magic. I know the witch-frog has complained about how she uses her magic for trivial reasons, but then she comes in saying what she was going to do, and she just gives her more magic spheres. She's a pretty awful teacher.

Oh, and it looks like Doremi's been figured out. I guess this comes the point where the others become witches too.

It's not my birthday yet. In fact it's next month. My brother bought me a birthday gift early. I'm extremely thankful. It's my first figure. Thank you brother of mine.

Getting anime figures like this would be a hassle for me for a birthday item (especially if its Precure)... unless it's of other things.

Kagami

Motto To Love-ru: 02

This is definitely one of those guilty pleasure series. I mean, the plot is non-existent, pretty much every chapter/episode seems to involve somebody ending naked, and yet... I'm totally OK with that. Not every series needs to be a masterpiece, after all.
I don't see why it can't be a masterpiece of people ending naked.

El Sloth

Banned
Kurita, you're our resident live-action guy, right? Help me out here; are the 20th Century Boys live-action movies worth watching?

cajunator

Banned
It's not my birthday yet. In fact it's next month. My brother bought me a birthday gift early. I'm extremely thankful. It's my first figure. Thank you brother of mine.

More pictures now that I unwrapped it.

Niiiice. I have this one. I bet you had difficulty getting Excalibur into her hand too XD
they made it too wide to fit without scratching the paint so I just leave it in the scabbard.
You didnt get a bootleg either so youre good to go.

Interestingly I got my first paycheck two weeks ago. I used my first paycheck to buy my dad a digital photo frame, my mom an ipod nano, and my brother this (http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...rds=alter+saber$pagemax=30$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1). =D

but now...I need THIS.
Dammit.
*adds to list

duckroll

Alter those percentages to reflect "fans that pay for anime" and I imagine that the incentive for such a project diminishes significantly.

Lots of GitS fans are people who don't even watch anime normally. That's probably part of his point. Outside of Japan, the franchise actually appeals to people who don't watch anime, which is a valid paying audience. Unlike anime fans. :p

Jarmel

Banned
Lots of GitS fans are people who don't even watch anime normally. That's probably part of his point. Outside of Japan, the franchise actually appeals to people who don't watch anime, which is a valid paying audience. Unlike anime fans. :p

I take offense to that sir! I pay!

Most of the time

Narag

Who Posted? Total Posts: 1,743
User Name Posts
cajunator 175
Kirbyguy 88
Theonik 64

Cajun on pace for like 6000 posts this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom