• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronoexe

I don't want to be a tsundere, they all suck.

image.php

Bikkun

Neo Member
The manga is pretty much the worst way to experience Toradora. Anime or LN!

LN does have the better ending, anyway. Not that it differs wildly from the anime, but it's handled a lot better, and one detail is changed that makes the whole thing much nicer.

Also, KB, nobody knows who Bikkun is because he promptly forgot GAF exists about an hour after I introduced him to AnimeGAF.

I didn't FORGET... I just got sidetracked...

But yes, KB spent like a year trying to get me into Precure. Now I'm screaming at him to get off AnimeGAF so we can watch more freaking Futari wa.

Bikkun

Neo Member
On a less protesting note, as we watch 2ha, it is SO FREAKING OBVIOUS they didn't plan to go past 26 episodes. There's 20 episodes left and they're up against the Evil King now. I'm really curious to see where they go from there.

Taruranto

I just finished Dangan Ronpa. Man, the anime is going to be a fucking trainwreck. Also, i foresee spoilers everywhere just like with Titans, so do yourself a favor and play the novel if you are interested, everyone.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 14

WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. What was that at the end of the episode? Is
Anthy fucking her own brother?
WHAT.

I just want you to know that i was waiting for your reaction to this episode.

dbasrVw.jpg

And this is just the beginning...

Did no one here not get it?

Oh come DTL, the show hasn't even aired yet!!!

Not to mention you picked the pairing that made least sense!!! (based on what we know)

Tenumi

Banned
If I was an anime character, I'd likely be relegated to minor character duty, or even worse, background character.

Lets Play! Suite Precure: 11

So our Precure are doing their usual 'get beat up before coming back to save the day' shtick, when out of nowhere,
a new Precure appears! Cure Muse, as she is called, pretty much mops up the place, but lets the other two finish the job
. I can only imagine who she might be, based on the way the plot has been going. Next episode looks like it might address that.

Mr.Jeff

I don't want to be a tsundere, they all suck.
I can tolerate most tsundere characters with a few exceptions but I utterly, utterly loathe childhood friend characters.

Although ultimately, being able to reduce characters down to basic archetypes like that is an example of lazy writing in general.

Bikkun

Neo Member
If I was an anime character, I'd likely be relegated to minor character duty, or even worse, background character.

Lets Play! Suite Precure: 11

So our Precure are doing their usual 'get beat up before coming back to save the day' shtick, when out of nowhere,
a new Precure appears! Cure Muse, as she is called, pretty much mops up the place, but lets the other two finish the job
. I can only imagine who she might be, based on the way the plot has been going. Next episode looks like it might address that.
Clearly she's either Seika-senpai or Waon. I mean, OBVIOUSLY.

Kurita

I don't even know all these people you mention are.
If we're getting a live action AnimeGAF I want to be played by Oguri Shun.

Mr.Jeff

Wanko from Sankarea was one of the better childhood friends. That body~
And yet her character was the entire reason why I've not gone back to the show after the first 4 episodes!

I dislike that possessive notion that the MC belongs to them and any other girls are interlopers yet they themselves are incapable of breaking out of the status quo.

Actually I have a minor adjustment to my previous statement relating to NeraGaku:
despite one of the girls being a childhood friend with an unrequited love interest, in the course of the movie, she gets shit done and confesses properly. Granted it took her however many years in story terms but the important thing is she got it done in a logical way in comparison to every other fucking useless character. Da Capo I am looking at you. You are the fucking worst.

Bikkun

Neo Member
Futari ha Pretty Cure 26

See, that actually would've made a really good series finale. The ending scene feels REALLY tacked on, like they found out at the very last second it was being continued. Oh, and...

OH GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE

cajunator

Banned
Futari ha Pretty Cure 26

See, that actually would've made a really good series finale. The ending scene feels REALLY tacked on, like they found out at the very last second it was being continued. Oh, and...

vlcsnap-2013-06-26-19h15m33s150.png

OH GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE

Cthulhu been working out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom