• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

If only her dumbass hadn't been playing around with the Temple of Time, Ganon couldn't have gotten in.

This girl
splinters the timeline irreparably, aborting the one man who can defeat an enemy who has JUST TOLD HER and who she ACKNOWLEDGES WILL BE BACK from time.

Basically every horrible thing that happens to her Kingdom in the opening of Wind Waker is directly her fault. All the pain and sorrow you see in the face of King Daphnes is her doing.

And why does she do it? NOBODY KNOWS.

cajunator

Banned
I can't be the Big Bro. Unless that's Big Sis. I don't know that I have the Big Sis archetype goin' on here. I could definitely fit the Ms. Yukari slot, though.

I know you meant incest, but the hilarity of the typo won't let me see it that way. I can't say its a Greek Tragedy yet because Papillon has yet to acquire any character traits.

Just because the Uranium in a nuclear weapon has been enriched doesn't mean I should expose people to it.

Uh, most definitely. This is why I tell people that Lelouch planned that murder, Lacus was the mastermind behind all of Gundam SEED, and the Princess Zelda of Ocarina of Time is the single greatest villain in the history of video games.

Cause everybody wants to have some stupid claim to debate.

Wait a minute.....

This girl
splinters the timeline irreparably, aborting the one man who can defeat an enemy who has JUST TOLD HER and who she ACKNOWLEDGES WILL BE BACK from time.

Basically every horrible thing that happens to her Kingdom in the opening of Wind Waker is directly her fault. All the pain and sorrow you see in the face of King Daphnes is her doing.

Because she's a little girl.

CorvoSol

Wait a minute.....

Hahaha, no. You're silly. No.

Because she's a little girl.

At the end of Ocarina of Time she's a grown woman wielding the divine manifestation of the entire force of Wisdom. She has an entire kingdom to look out for and is informed of and certain of a coming doom. Also she's
a SAGE
and all the wisdom that's meant to come with that. She still does it anyway.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
They're all fairly well off... and I think the school they go to is private? I mean, their random trip is going to
London for a week
, which requires some amount of money anyway.

Again, "these characters" = oujosamas, not the K-On! cast! I suppose that I should have used a different pronoun.

You should watch Maria-sama ga Miteru then. The school is upper upper crust and they go on school trips to Italy and stuff.

Catholic school settings full of stiflingly-polite girls saying "gokigenyou" to each other make my skin crawl. I really don't want to know whose fantasy that is.

This girl

Because she was a kid and didn't know any better.

At the end of Ocarina of Time she's a grown woman wielding the divine manifestation of the entire force of Wisdom. She has an entire kingdom to look out for and is informed of and certain of a coming doom. Also she's
a SAGE

Well yeah, but the timeline splinter was caused already, so it wouldn't matter if she was a grown woman at the end, she still caused it as a little girl

a SAGE

Because it was unfair for her to drag Link into this and having him miss his entire childhood.

Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love 2000% Episode 13 (end) (utapri)
tumblr_mp16bm9OXb1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Fantastic ending episode doing everything I expected and then even more. HEAVEN's personality was excellent, and especially Nagi throughout, and then all the drama and such to take us through the episode and lead us out of it. The dialogue too. It was all just really over the top that it came out rather intense, hilarious, fun, and dramatic. I will miss UtaPri.
Maji Love 2000% was amazing to see again and then, well that 20minute mark...overwhelming feelings of nostalgia made me smile and even sing along (and they even got everyone to sing too). The BD with this bonus song must come out faster
. 10/10.

Favorite five Maji Love 2000% songs bonus cds/character songs.
1. Independence - Tokiya
2. Horizon - Ittoki (Brand New Melody too)
3. Maji Love 1000% - Rainbow Star Version -
4. Poison Kiss - Quartet Night
5. Heavenly Gate - HEAVENS
6. Challenge - Syo Kurusu

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
What do you have to show for your training arcs?

I have a job I love. I get paid well. I have good benefits. I live with my parents. Parents will be moving out and I will take over the house (though I still have to pay for it but over time). =D

cajunator

Banned

a SAGE

Yes Im silly. that goes without sayin.

Again, "these characters" = oujosamas, not the K-On! cast! I suppose that I should have used a different pronoun.

Catholic school settings full of stiflingly-polite girls saying "gokigenyou" to each other make my skin crawl. I really don't want to know whose fantasy that is.

I dunno, but you seem like you'd enjoy Saint Tail.

CorvoSol

Because she was a kid and didn't know any better.

Not when she split time into a million pieces she wasn't.

Well yeah, but the timeline splinter was caused already, so it wouldn't matter if she was a grown woman at the end, she still caused it as a little girl

The timeline doesn't splinter until the end of Ocarina. Not when Link first goes and gets stuck in the Temple, because that doesn't add up. It happens at the end. Hence if Link loses at the end, new Timeline. When Link goes and
warns Zelda at the end of the game and she tells her dad, preventing Ganon's rise, then time is split. Which means that the Zelda who sent Link to the past to do this is the one responsible.

Because it was unfair for her to drag Link into this and having him miss his entire childhood.

Is that somehow more unfair than the countless masses who died when their kingdom was overrun by demons and flooded by capricious Gods? Or more unfair than the King who sat rotting in the empty halls of that realm, reliving its fall, for at least a century?

Link's fate will always be unfair. To be the Hero is to have an unfair fate so that others don't have to. To force the Hero into so selfish a situation at the expense of the people he just saved is to deny his purpose.

Toradora! 4

Taiga totally melted this episode! Being picked up, successful photo op, Taiga got a heaping helping of Kitamura! Poor Ryuji gets caught in the cross fight. Getting caught with those photos could have turned out a LOT worse for that dude, when all he wants to do is enjoy the simple pleasure of exterminating mold with extreme prejudice. Armpit carnival!

Is that somehow more unfair than the countless masses who died when their kingdom was overrun by demons and flooded by capricious Gods? Or more unfair than the King who sat rotting in the empty halls of that realm, reliving its fall, for at least a century?

Link's fate will always be unfair. To be the Hero is to have an unfair fate so that others don't have to. To force the Hero into so selfish a situation at the expense of the people he just saved is to deny his purpose.

She may have doomed her timeline, but also saved the other timeline as it's with Link's knowledge of the future that they stopped Ganon before he could ever get to the Triforce.

CorvoSol

She may have doomed her timeline, but also saved the other timeline as it's with Link's knowledge of the future that they stopped Ganon before he could ever get to the Triforce.

But that timeline didn't exist until she made it exist, and she didn't have to remove her one check on the imminent threat of Ganon's return to accomplish that anyway.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I was just trying to say that not all enrichment is good. And I don't know that this one would be.
Fortunately this is not a novel subject. There is existing data in the Awesome Fan Art thread and various image boards that would help in determining this question, regardless of final quality.

But that timeline didn't exist until she made it exist, and she didn't have to remove her one check on the imminent threat of Ganon's return to accomplish that anyway.

They never do say how imminent his release from the seal was.

Really, if you think about the story in Ocarina of Time too much, it starts to fall apart.

CorvoSol

This is why I bought that damned Hyrule Historia book.

I bought it too. It's pretty and green!

Fortunately this is not a novel subject. There is existing data in the Awesome Fan Art thread and various image boards that would help in determining this question, regardless of final quality.

GAF POLL: Did the Awesome Fan Art Thread Enrich Your Life?

-Yes
-No
-I Voted For Blamespace.

They never do say how imminent his release from the seal was.

Really, if you think about the story in Ocarina of Time too much, it starts to fall apart.

I guess, but he says "YO I'M COMIN' BACK." And Zelda goes "YEAH, HE COMIN' BACK." There needs to be a Chrono Cross crossover where someone comes along and sews the Timelines back together.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Toradora! 13

Just fucking apologize already, idiot. Swallow your pride ffs.

W...what the fuck are you wearing, Ami?

yeah
her dad is a total fucking scumbag and Ryuuji basically just ruined his relationships with Taiga and Minorin because he was projecting his own desires for a father figure onto Taiga
. So that's fun.

Oh shit, here it come.
Okay Ryuuji, you just fucking say it. FUCKING DO IT ARGGG

what's with the bag?

GO FUCKING GET HER DAMMIT

wow that's a fucking bombshell out of nowhere, Minorin
So you're basically Misha from KS, gotcha.

CorvoSol

Wouldn't that always happen?

If you think about the story of some things too much, you fall apart instead.

Case in point:

-Sword Art Online
-Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2006
-The Awesome Fan Art Thread Presents: The Curse of the WereDiaper

cajunator

Banned
I bought it too. It's pretty and green!

GAF POLL: Did the Awesome Fan Art Thread Enrich Your Life?

-Yes
-No
-I Voted For Blamespace.

I guess, but he says "YO I'M COMIN' BACK." And Zelda goes "YEAH, HE COMIN' BACK." There needs to be a Chrono Cross crossover where someone comes along and sews the Timelines back together.

Its a very nice book. I hug it sometimes.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
One Piece 593

Luffy and Law alliance time.

Franky failing to keep control and say "Super!" while in monster form was hilarious.

This filler arc was made just for the sake of
creating the 'what-if scenario' of Sanji being in Nami's body. And it was totally worth it. That, and to show how huge Tashigi's breasts have become since the time skip.

Case in point:

-Sword Art Online
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

Considering Sonic 06 retconned itself out of existence at the end, I leave it at that.

3rd Birthday is more Toriyama/SE tripe, rather not think about it.

zeroshiki

Case in point:

-Sword Art Online
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

- Eva 3.33

I wanted to curl up into a ball and cry

Jarmel

Banned

Case in point:

-Sword Art Online
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

-Any story by Lindelof

Syrinx

Hyouka 13

I forget why Satoshi is wearing that ridiculous costume and what it has anything to do with anything.

Haha, Oreki got caught red-handed looking at Chitanda's photo shoot pics. Oh, and Chitanda backed off her curiosity for once. Progress.

Damn, Mayaka's got quite the manga collection there. How many different places for it do you need?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
So I was really curious about old thread posting rates, so I decided to look at some!

Posting rates:

Spring I - 827 posts/day, duration: 24.19 days
Spring II - 572 posts/day, duration: 35.00 days
Spring III - 490 posts/day, duration: 34.85 days
Summer |OT| - 698 posts/day, duration: 28.75 days
Summer |OT2| - 620 posts/day, duration: 32.33 days
Summer |OT3| - 565 posts/day, duration: 30.09 days
Fall |OT| - 860 posts/day, duration: 23.38 days
Fall |OT2| - 544 posts/day, duration: 37.02 days
Fall |OT3| - 603 posts/day, duration: 33.15 days
Winter |OT-4| - 869 posts/day, duration: 22.90 days
Winter |OT-5| - 748 posts/day, duration: 26.72 days
Winter |OT-6| - 544 posts/day, duration: 36.21 days
Spring |OT-7| - 637 posts/day, duration: 30.91 days
Spring |OT-8| - 641 posts/day, duration: 31.22 days
Spring |OT One| (w/ E3 interruption) - 683 posts/day, duration: 29.29 days

Branduil

Hyouka 13

I forget why Satoshi is wearing that ridiculous costume and what it has anything to do with anything.

Haha, Oreki got caught red-handed looking at Chitanda's photo shoot pics. Oh, and Chitanda backed off her curiosity for once. Progress.

Damn, Mayaka's got quite the manga collection there. How many different places for it do you need?

Soon you will understand the true meaning of Mayaka's suffering.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Rich girls need to go to school too!

I see it as a junior version of a Jane Austen book. lol

So I was really curious about old thread posting rates, so I decided to look at some!

Posting rates:

Summer |OT3| - 565 posts/day, 30.09 days
Fall |OT| - 860 posts/day, 23.38 days
Fall |OT2| - 544 posts/day, duration: 37.02 days
Fall |OT3| - 603 posts/day, duration: 33.15 days
Winter |OT-4| - 869 posts/day, duration: 22.90 days
Winter |OT-5| - 748 posts/day, duration: 26.72 days
Winter |OT-6| - 544 posts/day, duration: 36.21 days
Spring |OT-7| - 637 posts/day, duration: 30.91 days
Spring |OT-8| - 641 posts/day, duration: 31.22 days
Spring |OT One| (w/ E3 interruption) - 683 posts/day, duration: 29.29 days

Looking at this, it is clear that I introduced stability! yaaaay.

Syrinx

Sometimes I wish you guys had webcams so I could see how you react to bad anime.

Mine wouldn't be that entertaining. I mostly keep a straight demeanor.

The exception being the "revelation" in Yami 12, where I audibly yelled "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom