• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uchouten Kazoku - 3

Another very good episode, par the course up to this point. What a fascinating character is Benten, in fact I think the MC feels the same as us, he can't help but to be attracted to her, even with the danger. And the main character, between the easy going but thoughtful attitude, is also very likeable.

The series is doing a great job with the overall tone and atmosphere. There is a sense of warm melancholy, nostalgia for the things that won't ever return and bitter-sweetness of the present situation, while having some mystery and wonder while we watch this magic world with hidden fantasy.

:Firehawk: as hell.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Doki Doki 25:

Remember what I said last week about it being impossible for even Toei to fuck up this episode?

Well................................they fucked up the unfuckupable. I forgot that, not merely being experts in producing bad entertainment, they are also the undisputed masters of the unrerpresentative cocktease preview.

Fuck you, Toei. Just fuck you.

z35Me06.png

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
After years of spoiling the shit out of their own shows in previews, teasers, and episode titles, they finally kicked the habit with Doremi. Now I don't know what they're doing.

After years of spoiling the shit out of their own shows in previews, teasers, and episode titles, they finally kicked the habit with Doremi. Now I don't know what they're doing.

Trolling.

In any case, the fact that there was massive hype for a Doki Doki episode was enough for me to tone down expectations, and it's apparent that I was correct. At best, the best episode from these STOP BEING CHICKENSHITS arc would be Rikka because she's the better of the 3 reject friends.

cnet128

Banned
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi 3

Well, I can't say I was expecting that turn of events. Dammit Humpney why you keep making lolis cry.

I wonder if that was the whole of the first novel they just covered in three episodes. It certainly felt pretty...final. No idea where the series is going from here, but I'm interested to find out.

Attack on Titan - 16

I think I'm starting to like the Major more then Potato Girl. She's way funnier then her and has a very distinct personality.

cnet128

Banned
Servant x Service 3

This show is always so much fun. Hasebe's ability to pull off anything and everything (except, it would seem,
asking for Lucy's email address...
) with the utmost perfection while expending no effort whatsoever never ceases to amaze me.

LProtag

Hm. All I'm really watching now is Gin no Saji (because I love the manga) and Shingeki no Kyojin.

I was thinking about picking up Dangan Ronpa, but I think I'd rather play the game.

Ace of Hearts Precure 25

By power up, you mean Heart managed to up her ridiculous meter up to 21 out of a possible 5, and Sword just stood there until she was ordered to do something (Which happened again towards the end) Clearly we're in need of more Alice x Sebastian material.

Anyway, Cure Batman didn't even fight lol. The episode wasn't exactly suppose to be him being awesome, it was more for Rosetta's problems, which frankly, is what I wanted. Or at least I would if the last episode wasn't so haphazard in regards to "powering up". Apparently Using yellow lipstick on Ace gives her bondage beam. Oh my, Alice~!

The whole dojo part at the beginning was yet another cock tease, it's a OH HAY, ALICE COULD'VE BEEN AWESOME arrow in the heart. Don't even know why they show this when it amounts to nothing. But hey, she can now reflect attacks.

Anyway, Cutie Madam was defeated, so we can expect Cure Batman in the fu--

There goes my hopes and dreams. Siiigh. I don't know why, but the next episode actually looks decent, if only because Rikka is the best of the rejects at this point, but I guess it helps that she slept with Mana in the same bed before.

cajunator

Banned
No I don't

Sailor Jupiter 25

Dat goldfish warning

There could be a bit of a reason for Jupiter to end up being a lesbian, especially at the end, but it doesn't seem like it'll sink in until S a least. Now we have RAINBOW JEWEL DES time and
ripping them out of Youmas reincarnated as humans, which triggers the need for the Moon Stick, also proof that she's the leader... could've just said YOU WERE FIRST, THEREFORE YES
. She falls in love with people if they have aspects of her former senpai she liked. She reminds me of that freaky chick from Stringendo.

Anyway, this gave us A real pantyshot of Usagi, on top of Jupiter's stock footage showing off her booty. Greatness. I don't think Mars gave us that, considering the gratuitous underskirt shots she has.

Anyway, JUPITER GET, WE HAVE ALL THE SAILOR SENSHIS
Not really.

You've seen Goldfish Warning? Excellent. There are several nods to it in the show.

It's some sort of free service that has movies and some shows on it. Not too sure on the quality, but it does have a lot of anime on it.

Thanks for the heads up!

Steins;Gate (Episode 25)

Loved the final episode. Totally new material to the anime, was great from start to finish. Expected a silly epilogue, had a perfect send-off.

Can't wait for the film.

Only one critique about the anime compared to the VN, the final scene had no chance of living up to THIS.

(Ending spoilers from the VN)
http://i.imgur.com/iLfjGR8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/35wG915.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Xp2uBXn.jpg

But it came damn close, and the dub was phenomenal.

IMO the anime came really close to this. It was really effective.

Aaaahhhhhh Steins;Gate stuff must avoid!!!!!

DO NOT SPOIL YOURSELF. Runnnnnnn

And thus we get the MALgraph achievement for a mean score of 8.5 or higher:
ernlxeGl.png

I dont think I quite got this badge. You have to pretty much score everything above 8 or something and I was dragged down by shit like Eiken, Gantz, SAO

School Days - 11

What the hell were these writers smoking to cause them to say: "You know what? Fuck it. Let's just have him have sex with every girl we created here." Was everyone during production fighting each other on who gets to be with who? That's not a working environment! THAT'S THE INTERNET!

SEKAI IS PREGNANT? NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

http://imgflip.com/i/1rzub

Katsura is nicest damn person in this show and Makoto is one hell of a lucky guy for her to even consider going back to him.

But there's still one more episode. And considering everything I witnessed, I'm surprised I made it this far.

cnet128

Banned
Is the anime not good? Or is the game just good enough to merit enjoying it first?

Watching the anime is exactly like playing the game, except horribly rushed and with all the important details skipped over so you have no chance to deduce anything or get attached to any of the characters.

i'm disapointed that this week dokidoki managed to get everyone disapointed .. especially given the preview we got ..

I'm not, I think it's what I expected considering they're hyping a Doki Doki episode of all things.

Unfortunately, they still managed to shoot me where it hurts by showing how Alice's potential was wasted, on top of last week's episode affirming my thoughts that it's going to be the Ace of hearts show.

Best episode is still when Regina tried to be Mana's friend and telling everyone to fuck off.

Uchouten Kazoku 03

2FHKDDjl.jpg

Another great episode. Definitely like all the character and world building they are doing yet still making it interesting to watch instead of going exposition city on us.

The whole scene with Benten was great and just really liked how the whole clock tower area looked.

cajunator

Banned
read up why I changed my avatar - why I went moe for Noire....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71897501&postcount=7883

OMG. OMG NOVID. NOVIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!
*bounces and hugs Novid

OUR NATIONAL TREASURE HAS RETURNED!
*squees violently

for Noire, ok. Good Goddess Noire.

Nice choice.

Well here it is. VERY NSFW quote to see etc

Well....that's that.

Monogatari Series season 2 Episodes 1-3

I really should be enjoying this more but their new hairstyles make me sad. Why did they do such a thing to both Senjougahara and Hanekawa? WHY?! ;-;

A question for the ages. Why ruin a great thing? I guess because they could.

cMC9a38.jpg

Gou's fangirling is a thing of beauty

Free! 2

Haru provides some great comedy everytime he tries to strip when he's near water, like with the fish tank. Though the part where he almost gets taken away by the art guys was great as well. Think I appreciate Nagisa more now that he's showing off his cunning personality, hope that continues on for the rest of the show. Didn't really care for Sensei that much in the first episode but boy can she pull off a nice death glare.

And a quick cameo of Rei was very much appreciated.

Kurita

Man, J-dramas did Free! before it was cool with Water Boys.
Dem upper bodies with young Eita, Moriyama Mirai and Yamada Takayuki :lol

LUHV1go.jpg

vRQUVH8.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Well I usually like short hair but in this case I'd prefer the girls with long hair. =[

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi episodes 1-3

Everything that happened so far has been really predictable. But man they sure did resolve things really quickly instead of stretching it out like I expected it to. I wonder what they're going to do with the show now.

agreed. sometimes short hair just isnt the best. Its rare though.

Yuru Yuri

20110906134919.jpg

20110906140500.jpg

20110906142055.jpg

The PreCures went during summer so you might not have recognized Kiyomizudera

20120501013831.jpg

20120501013834.jpg

I LOVE that architecture and location. Its perfect.
Would visit.

I watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and My Neighbor Totoro, what anime movie should i watch next?

Millennium Actress!!!

It's an achievement with a negative association is all.

I see. But its so cute! Plus chinese cartoons are getting better.

School Days - 11

What the hell were these writers smoking to cause them to say: "You know what? Fuck it. Let's just have him have sex with every girl we created here." Was everyone during production fighting each other on who gets to be with who? That's not a working environment! THAT'S THE INTERNET!

SEKAI IS PREGNANT? NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

http://imgflip.com/i/1rzub

Katsura is nicest damn person in this show and Makoto is one hell of a lucky guy for her to even consider going back to him.

But there's still one more episode. And considering everything I witnessed, I'm surprised I made it this far.

I feel mixed emotions reading School Days impressions. On one hand they bring me a sadistic joy, but on the other, someone is suffering to provide them :(

CorvoSol

pfffff, like Legolas and Gimli in Lord of the Rings.

Well somebody had to keep track of who was getting EXP on that campaign.

Man, J-dramas did Free! before it was cool with Water Boys.
Dem upper bodies with young Eita, Moriyama Mirai and Yamada Takayuki :lol

LUHV1go.jpg

vRQUVH8.jpg

Yeah but none of them have freakish musculature that looks horrifying and odd and somewhat like a California Raisin/Rob Liefeld drawing.

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Ilya 02

hkopaPCl.jpg

This should be an actual magical girl attack.

Now that we have Ilya wearing clothes for most of the episode, it was enjoyable. The fight against Rider wasn't bad even though it was mostly Ilya flailing around not knowing what to do. Still was pretty fun.

Also I do like that they showed this photo (even if it did the light flare in one of the parent's face trick):
eEBzVuvl.jpg

Dokidoki that get predictable every week - 25

Why toei Why ???

WHY ?
Pourquoi bord** de m**de avez opté pour ce scenario ?

I'm losing my english and starting to write in french since i'm contenplating that most stupid chain of events i could think off

Anyway :
Cure Sebastien > steel butler .

Waste of potential

There was so many ways to use that chain of events better

Is the anime not good? Or is the game just good enough to merit enjoying it first?

I haven't beaten the game yet (fourth murder) but I can safely say that the anime is garbage compared to the game. An absolute bare-bones adaptation that cuts out all the character development so that it could present you with just the story but it even fails at doing that because they are unable to provide you with the necessary parts of the mysteries which make you feel like a participant.

I just finished watching the third episode and won't continue with it. Compared to the game it's a far inferior thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom