• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your "waifu" ennemies are either "converted" or dead so well ...
The candidate for the most capable waifu ever ?

Yep. Kind and loving for her friends and brutal and merciless for her enemies. Perfect waifu.

Monogatari Series season 2 Episodes 1-3

I really should be enjoying this more but their new hairstyles make me sad. Why did they do such a thing to both Senjougahara and Hanekawa? WHY?! ;-;
And to Karen too. I actually think she looks worst of the bunch with that short hair.

sonicmj1

Yay, you've finally seen it.

Did you see a lot of kids watching where you did? Did you find the ending satisfying?

There were some kids. They didn't seem too interested.

The ending left me pretty conflicted. I think it's brave how complicated it is, but that made it sort of unsatisfying for me.

True but it balances out because Tsukihi's new hair is pretty awesome. It's still really bad though.

Yeah. Tsukihi's new hair is pretty great. I just don't understand why they did this to the other girls! Well maybe it's because I have always held an opinion that long hair > short hair lol.

Theonik

Eureka Seven *4
Well I can see why Ray was
pissed off at Eureka being called a mom
now. Although I'd say that it wasn't really her fault. They also teased us yet again with the whole "what the hell is Eureka?" question that is starting to get annoying seeing as how they like reminding us so much.
A very good episode though.

Attack on Titan 15
I got halfway through this episode before it hit me that I was just forcing myself to watch this and that I was getting no enjoyment out of it. Time to drop it, in the unlikely event something worth seeing happens I might pick it up again, but I don't see that happening.

wonzo

Banned
Tamayura ~more aggressive~ 3

tamayurama3.jpg

Before every episode, I wanna do some obnoxious ₮₳ℳ₳¥UR₳ ~₥O'€ ₳₲₲R€$$IV€~ blingy image abomination but the sheer fuwa-fuwa'ness of each and every single episode mellows me out like nothing else can.

The new shy girl's a great addition to the cast and will no doubt go along with Potte's goal to be MORE AGGRESSIVE and end up playing off each others strengths and weaknesses. I doubt they'll have any more new members after this though which is a bit of a shame but I guess they can always save that for next season when the third grader inevitable graduates and says her teary goodbye…

damnit satojun i can already feel the tears coming, you fucker you ;_;

Lurky

Yeah. Tsukihi's new hair is pretty great. I just don't understand why they did this to the other girls! Well maybe it's because I have always held an opinion that long hair > short hair lol.

Well I usually like short hair but in this case I'd prefer the girls with long hair. =[

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi episodes 1-3

Everything that happened so far has been really predictable. But man they sure did resolve things really quickly instead of stretching it out like I expected it to. I wonder what they're going to do with the show now.

Quasar

Monogatari Series season 2 Episodes 1-3

I really should be enjoying this more but their new hairstyles make me sad. Why did they do such a thing to both Senjougahara and Hanekawa? WHY?! ;-;

The butchering of their hair bums me out too. Am loving it otherwise though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi # 44

RzZscEp.jpg

Really nice Christmas episode that had multiple stories going on at once.

By the way, pretty much every Doremi post I make has "OMG SO GOOD WATCH NOW" implied.

fertygo

Yep. Kind and loving for her friends and brutal and merciless for her enemies. Perfect waifu.

And to Karen too. I actually think she looks worst of the bunch with that short hair.

True but it balances out because Tsukihi's new hair is pretty awesome. It's still really bad though.

The hell you two talking, Tsukihi look horrible.. those are noodle not hair, ban that filth from my Shorthairgatari.

Pooya

Free! 1

This is kinda fun.

Free! 2

ahaha. Kou must be a very good subject for doujins right now. amazing stuff.

This show is actually genuinely funny at times, unlike chuu2 for example.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Random question, but does anyone remember which recent anime featured the Kiyomizu-dera shrine at some point?
ykIrS6yl.jpg

For some reason, I thought it was K-On, but it turns out that they went to Kitano Tenmangu in the school trip episode (to rub those cows!) instead.
0xtPlw4l.jpg

I just can't think of another anime that went on a Kyoto trip, but obviously it happened because I remember seeing an anime version of the shrine. lol

wonzo

Banned
Random question, but does anyone remember which recent anime featured the Kiyomizu-dera shrine at some point?
ykIrS6yl.jpg

For some reason, I thought it was K-On, but it turns out that they went to Kitano Tenmangu in the school trip episode (to rub those cows!) instead.
0xtPlw4l.jpg

I just can't think of another anime that went on a Kyoto trip, but obviously it happened because I remember seeing an anime version of the shrine. lol
The latest I can remember is Smile Precure but I'm not so sure about that one either.

Lurky

Pretty sure the one that appreciate Short hair that exposing more skin and face are the few that chosen.

Tsukihi's hair

http://i.imgur.com/zYdDZi7.jpg/IMG]

NOPE.[/QUOTE]

Gotta have dat hot nape action amiright? But seriously, do you think Tsukihi's hair is really that bad?

zeroshiki

ykIrS6yl.jpg

0xtPlw4l.jpg

Yuru Yuri

20110906134919.jpg

20110906140500.jpg

20110906142055.jpg

The PreCures went during summer so you might not have recognized Kiyomizudera

20120501013831.jpg

20120501013834.jpg

fertygo

Titan 15
They recording "stats"?
What the fuck this is? NBA?
So Levy is Lebron?

SMFH..
Gotta have dat hot nape action amiright? But seriously, do you think Tsukihi's hair is really that bad?

Look atrocious to me, very cute when she tied it chinese style at "dat" scene though.

cnet128

Banned
ykIrS6yl.jpg

Oh yeah, it was Smile Precure! I can't find a picture of it, but episode summaries seem to indicate that they were there. lol

Come to think of it, I think the last place I saw Kiyomizu-dera was in Max Heart. Silly Precures, why you all go Kyoto sightseeing.

Also, your calling it a "shrine" reminds me of the Katsura Sunshine rakugo I watched where he kept getting reprimanded for calling Ise Jingu a temple (tera) instead of a shrine (jinja). Now you're basically doing the opposite, lol.

Tenumi

Banned
Arrggg.... Sleep time ruins thread reading. Might as well make this my Post 1000!

Aaaahhhhhh Steins;Gate stuff must avoid!!!!!

I don't know how I've done it so far, I'm completely unspoiled! That being said, I must watch it soon...

And thus we get the MALgraph achievement for a mean score of 8.5 or higher:
ernlxeGl.png

My mean score is 6.84.... actually lower than I thought it'd be... Also one of my achievements is Normal high school boy.... but...
girl

anime-planet, an old MAL-alike, has way better variety in their achievements.

I can't believe I still update my AP account...

I am not looking forward to next week.

Neither am I, man, neither am I...

read up why I changed my avatar - why I went moe for Noire....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71897501&postcount=7883

I didn't even recognize you, Novid.... at least until I saw that post.

Oh dear, Novid got out of his Toonami GAF cage.

Wasn't me, I was asleep and didn't have the key....

cnet128

Banned
My mean score is 6.84.... actually lower than I thought it'd be... Also one of my achievements is Normal high school boy.... but...
girl

Hm. Looks like I only have two achievements, and "Normal high school boy" is one of them. The other being "The first step".

And my mean score is apparently 7.77, which is a nice number at least.

Kurita

Hanzawa Naoki 1
Hanzawa Naoki works for Tokyo Chuo Bank as the head of the Loans Division at their Osaka Nishi branch. The overbearing branch manager, Asano, forces him to award an unsecured loan of 500 million yen to Nishi Osaka Steel. On the surface, Nishi Osaka Steel seems like a very reputable company, but in actual fact it is a company in deep trouble. Debt-ridden, the company accountants resort to window-dressing the financial statements in order to hide the truth from the public. Three months after the loan, Nishi Osaka Steel goes bankrupt and the ambitious and power-hungry Asano makes Hanzawa the scapegoat for the 500 million loss. Hanzawa is called to Tokyo to answer to the internal investigations team, where he vehemently denies responsibility for the loss, and swears to recover the 500 million yen. That is the only course of action for Hanzawa, if he wants to survive in the banking industry.
sogood.gif
A really solid first episode. It was 1 hour and a half long but man, it was just great from start to finish.
It did a great job introducing the main characters and explaining the whole situation. We know where the show is going and I simply can't wait to watch the next episodes.
The setting is great, I'm not used to shows about banks/money but I'm already hooked.
Sakai Masato is a great actor, and I know I won't be tired to see him. It's also great to see Oikawa Mitsuhiro, I love that guy. Overall I'd say that all the actors are good, the cast is diverse...
Could be my favorite show of the season if the other episodes are as good.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Should really have posted this ages ago since it's from the ED, but what the hell, the truth must be known.

i9GwK8TYftAaG.jpg

0/10

fertygo

MJP - 15
LOL They up the level of stupid, and the plot actually getting interesting?
Should really have posted this ages ago since it's from the ED, but what the hell, the truth must be known.

i9GwK8TYftAaG.jpg

0/10

Wow.. what a low blow.. bwahahaha, maybe I should check this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom