• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
ibarQZPt9eNeVF.gif

Watching the anime is exactly like playing the game, except horribly rushed and with all the important details skipped over so you have no chance to deduce anything or get attached to any of the characters.

These were the reasons why I stopped watching the anime and picked up the game instead. I'll go back to the anime, but for now, I need to finish the game.

cnet128

Banned
Fantasista Doll 3

I love these dolls' idea of serious battling.
Ice cream treats for everyone: the perfect trap, and breaks mind control to boot! Heck no we're not battling over there, we might get our clothes wet! Let's dress up in a fish suit! Noooooo don't try to poke holes in my inflatable dolphin!

The villain dude in this episode seems like a bit of an ass, though.

Makai Ouji - Devils and Realist 03

XPNqi6cl.jpg

At this point, the protag is definitely the most annoying character in the show. Turning a blind eye and going this doesn't exist while it happens in front of you got odd fast.

Hopefully Mamoru Miyano priest can drown out the boring protag now. And if not, all the bunch of characters yet introduced could.

Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 3 – Pillar 3 - Exorcist and Ghost
tumblr_mqaybhH7pR1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mqaybhH7pR1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Even at episode 3 it stills remains so good. Dantalion always delivers on the best scenes getting quite close with William Twining, heads touching multiple times even and then the blushing moments later
the one at the end of the episode when William was going in a roundabout way of accepting him, and hand kiss, so glad it transpired.

Kevin finally gets a big role yes!

Fate Kaleid Liner PRISMA ILYA - 01

Ok ok ... for a first magical girl episode , everything went by the book , including the loss of the power from an experienced to give to the newbie ....

Except that Ruby attitude is pretty much awesome.

Fate%20Kaleid%20Liner%20PRISMA%20ILYA%20-%2001.jpg

No no Let it speak that attitude is very welcome !

In short i liked that first episode ..off to see ep2 !

Jex

[Uchōten Kazoku] - 3

This show is embarrassing every other title this season. There's not even a hint of competition for best show Summer 2013.

There's a number of things I could praise about this episode but one thing that really stuck out to me was the colour design. Just superb stuff.

cnet128

Banned
Uchouten Kazoku 3

Oh Benten you so crazy.
Stripping off to go and swim with whales? What is this I don't even.

Also, why is little bro Yashirou so goddamn adorable?! Stop it at once, I tell you! Are you trying to turn me into a shotacon?! That tail should be illegal, it's breaking the cute limit!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Come to think of it, I think the last place I saw Kiyomizu-dera was in Max Heart. Silly Precures, why you all go Kyoto sightseeing.

Also, your calling it a "shrine" reminds me of the Katsura Sunshine rakugo I watched where he kept getting reprimanded for calling Ise Jingu a temple (tera) instead of a shrine (jinja). Now you're basically doing the opposite, lol.
Close enough! lol

Theonik

I think it depends on the style used. Fate/Zero's previews were alright as they were just dialogue snippets without much context. Giant Robo's were pretty godly too iirc.

I guess I like them when they're not entirely throwaway and add something to the product rather than just being next week's plot outline.
I mean most of them are tolerable at best. Besides they require me to sit through the ED to get to them.
The cases where they bring something good to the show are rare.

Seeing those Sailor Moon captions, I have to question why did they stop making expressions so lively? Nowadays they all seem like dolls.

It's a constant issue that I see even in movies with superb animation like One Piece Film Z, but it's more on how their expression and stance is basically locked if they're not the focal point of the scene (which depending on their posture and face, might end up being the focal point instead because it's creepy)

Fate Kaleid Liner PRISMA ILYA - 02

The thing with magical girls is that they have no manuals, at least nanoha had yuno and raging heart to guide her , but our poor ilya only has the perverted ruby and that's clearly not enough.

Still this episode was alright , even if they are clearly aware of the sillyness of teh whole package it manages to stay entertaining.

Another show to keep for this season i guess.

Shergal

Uchoten Kazoku 3

Add another one to the AOTS camp. It's pretty neatly executed, although the dialogue was not as sharp here as it was in the previous two episodes. It seems to be pretty consistent too, which gives me hope as there are so many productions that start strong but slowly become crap throughout the run.
Next episode seemed like a big one- can't wait to see what they do with the characters.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Uchoten is so good. Omg.

How is this so good.

Fucking PA Works lucked out. A+ IP 10/10 would adapt again.

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 89

Blah blah blah fight fight fight. Not that this episode wasn't good, but hurry up and bring us the next one! That's where the real action's at!

We did get to see the wonderful moment where Gon's attack finally gets its name, though. lol.

The power of Satojun.

Both Sailor Moon and Ojamajo Doremi are great in the expression department.

Both of those have been pretty influencal to my drawing style. My logic is, why not make faces different any time? It's not like it takes more effort, drawing the same faces exact faces multiple times is actually harder.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Both of those have been pretty influencal to my drawing style. My logic is, why not make faces different any time? It's not like it takes more effort, drawing the same faces exact faces multiple times is actually harder.
Surprisingly, Precure does this very well across most of their seasons.

Neptunia - 02

This show is totally self aware and it doesn't bother me one bit...

It seems that nothing will be there to prevent the peace from breaking even if they try to fake it ..so i guess i'll just enjoy this anime like everyone should by looking at the references and enjoying the comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom