• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Its fun, fuck kira n lacus though.

I think they have each other covered, though:

NwRGxbh.jpg

Is there anywhere Kira's dick could be other than the most obvious answer?

No because the less said about 0083 the better.

You don't want to talk about how a Colony almost gets dropped in the year 0083 and no one ever brings it up again or how a Dendrobium type Mobile Armor is never again used with a Gundam or even considered or deployed or why the Titans would label the Gundams in 0083 the "Mark II" when three successful Gundams were employed in the major conflict that lead to their creation or how a nuclear missile shouldn't've been loaded onto a Gundam anyway, especially if it had the payload to destroy an entire fleet and why a Gundam would still be carrying a nuke around during a fleet battle considering how hilariously easy it would be for a mobile suit to miss that shot?

good sir, I like you alot. I always loved the mechs design for seed. Destiny is my favorite gundam design.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Destiny until recently, when I noticed the sick red tear-cuts beneath the eyes. Pink energy wings were cool, too, though. Favorite Gundams are still the Zeta, God and Wing Zero C, though. Freedom/Strike Freedom comes in fourth.

The Gundams in SEED looked maximum awesome 100% of the time.

Except the Buster. Buster Gundam is like the dorky kid brother to the super rad Dynames Gundam.

Theonik

That badge is pretty adorable. Good thing Hummingbird has the grossly superior smiley face rating system. Although the last time I updated my status it said I watched 14/13 episodes of a show. Mmm beta software.
The badge comes from this. As for the 14/13 thing, they let you add episodes to shows you completed hence the issue.

I don't judge!
Unless it's SDBurton eh? I see potential in the future.

I used your profile to get to it. :lol
Good.

Kira doesn't have a dick, don't be silly.
Yeah he's pure upper body. It is known.

LordCanti

You don't want to talk about how a Colony almost gets dropped in the year 0083 and no one ever brings it up again or how a Dendrobium type Mobile Armor is never again used with a Gundam or even considered or deployed or why the Titans would label the Gundams in 0083 the "Mark II" when three successful Gundams were employed in the major conflict that lead to their creation or how a nuclear missile shouldn't've been loaded onto a Gundam anyway, especially if it had the payload to destroy an entire fleet and why a Gundam would still be carrying a nuke around during a fleet battle considering how hilariously easy it would be for a mobile suit to miss that shot?

Nuclear armed Gundam's kind of make sense if their target is the colonies. One Gundam with one missile can put down a rebellion before people even know there is one, if you play your cards right. Dendrobium looks a whole lot like the later cyber-newtype suits created by the Titans as well. I'll give you the whole Mark II naming convention not matching up though.

I liked 0083. Seed makes 0083 look like Zeta.

Which is to say that Seed is hot fucking garbage

CorvoSol

She put her dick in his nono place.

Stupendous.

Nuclear armed Gundam's kind of make sense if their target is the colonies. One Gundam with one missile can put down a rebellion before people even know there is one, if you play your cards right. Dendrobium looks a whole lot like the later cyber-newtype suits created by the Titans as well. I'll give you the whole Mark II naming convention not matching up though.

I liked 0083. Seed makes 0083 look like Zeta.

Which is to say that Seed is hot fucking garbage

I don't remember any Cyber-Newtype suit that was just a giant rocket with a Gundam strapped to it. I DO remember giant Gundams. SEED is better than 0083 in like, every way other than character design. At least Athrun eats his damn carrots.

All this dick talk makes me want to find that NSFW /a/ "Suzaku has no dick/hey I know that dick!" Thread image. Shits hilarious

Lelouch is the one I'm not sure had a dick. Pretty much why Kallen leaves him in R2.

LordCanti

I don't remember any Cyber-Newtype suit that was just a giant rocket with a Gundam strapped to it. I DO remember giant Gundams. SEED is better than 0083 in like, every way other than character design. At least Athrun eats his damn carrots.

Four's suit from Zeta is kind of a big ass flying cannon, so a flying rocket prototype isn't that absurd.

Almost every Seed character is like Amuro on his whiniest day, with more teen angst heaped on than a Twilight novel. I spit on the computers that were used to animate it.

I realize that Gundam is a lot of teen angst to begin with, but they turned the dial up to 11 for Seed

CorvoSol

Four's suit from Zeta is kind of a big ass flying cannon, so a flying rocket prototype isn't that absurd.

Almost every Seed character is like Amuro on his whiniest day, with more teen angst heaped on than a Twilight novel. I spit on the computers that were used to animate it.

I realize that Gundam is a lot of teen angst to begin with, but they turned the dial up to 11 for Seed

I didn't think SEED's angst was that bad. Destiny's, sure, but SEEDs I dunno. And Four's suit only looked like a cannon before turning into a giant Gundam, I thought?

No John...you are the dick.

And okay yeah maybe, his probably has a pregnancy canceller in it. :p

Oh actually I guess
Ogie
has a dick though...cause spoilers

Yeah, but I mean, we all knew that
Ogie
was the man anyway. Pretty sure Suzaku musta had one in there somewhere, though, 'cuz Euphemia was plannin on leaving her job and inheritance for it.

It's just like we never SEE Casshern's dick, but we know he has it, 'cuz literally every woman he meets wants it.

LordCanti

I didn't think SEED's angst was that bad. Destiny's, sure, but SEEDs I dunno. And Four's suit only looked like a cannon before turning into a giant Gundam, I thought?

I remember Seed being an 11 and Destiny being a number so high that it's incomprehensible to humans.

Four's suit changed into a Gundam with a bunch of beam cannons in the chest area I think. Those early pre-funnel designs were pretty jank. I wouldn't have put a big rocket sled controlled by a Gundam past Anaheim Electronics circa 0083.

fertygo

Don't be ridiculous Lelouch has dick, if not Rolo wouldn't so crazed and
kill his ex

And that's where he hide
his code

Topic change btw plz

LordCanti

kill his ex

And that's where he hide
his code

Topic change btw plz

I was a Pizza Hut delivery driver when the whole Lelouch thing was going down. I have it on good authority that he's hung like a small chimp, because he refused to put on pants before answering the door. Yeah we funded the revolution, but I wasn't making enough per hour to put up with that kind of abuse.

It's just like we never SEE Casshern's dick, but we know he has it, 'cuz literally every woman he meets wants it.

WELL YOU DO GET PROTEIN FROM CASHEW

Sailor Moon 30

Rei in Tsundere mode, and kissing a loser on the cheek. Also Usagi likes her grandpa. Weirdo.

More people fall in love with the bitch of the group, it's like there's some sort of bias for Rei. She gets all the parts. And the leotards.

We had are "fight" episode, which wasn't too much of one because it felt like business as usual (considering how Usagi normally acts). There's a point where it feels like Usagi has grown on me, probably due to her antics and whatnot being rather entertaining.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
That proves nothing. For all we know noodle people use alternative means of reproduction.

Possible. Though we know
Nina has a clitoris
which would seem to presume that their physiology is like ours oh god what am I doing

kill his ex

And that's where he hide
his code

Topic change btw plz

Rolo just has a bad heart and is confused, like Hisao Nakai

Also: No.

Theonik

As one of the first users of the :SDBurton moniker, I mean it in jest!
Even if he is wrong constantly!
Riiiiiight.
I will contact you when the doujin draft is complete!

Possible. Though we know
Nina has a clitoris
which would seem to presume that their physiology is like ours oh god what am I doing
But that only proves that female noodle people are thus. Also we can only assume.

CorvoSol

I remember Seed being an 11 and Destiny being a number so high that it's incomprehensible to humans.

Four's suit changed into a Gundam with a bunch of beam cannons in the chest area I think. Those early pre-funnel designs were pretty jank. I wouldn't have put a big rocket sled controlled by a Gundam past Anaheim Electronics circa 0083.

After watching Stardust Memory, I feel like everyone who worked for Anaheim at the time was doing hilarious amounts of cocaine. This explains like, all the MS designs for that series.

kill his ex

And that's where he hide
his code

Topic change btw plz

You started this discussion of dicks, anyway! This is the last time I post Kira and Lacus nudes at your
non
request!

WELL YOU DO GET PROTEIN FROM CASHEW

But the succulent Cashew fruit is where it is really at.

Lurky

Kiniro Mosaic episodes 1-3

Man, this show is incredibly cute plus it has hot blondes! I really love the engrish speaking scenes because of those awful accents. Definitely a good anime so far.

sonicmj1

I've been watching a bunch of anime, but there's only one thing that I need to talk about.

Kazetachinu

This was a really good movie. It didn't sweep me off my feet like Wolf Children, but it's a very unique movie. It's a really personal story about Jiro Hirokoshi, and though it follows his pursuit of his dream of building a fantastic, beautiful airplane, it carries a lot of other stuff along with it too. Trying to capture the full scope of a man's life and dreams is rare for an anime, and while that makes the movie a little inelegant, it's also pretty special.

A lot of what's here is kind of recognizable if you've seen any movie about a genius sort of character. There's plenty of Jiro working late, seeing things and finding inspiration, steadily progressing towards the plane of his dreams. What stands out are the scenes with flying planes (excellent mechanical animation), the scenes that take place in his dreams, talking with early Italian aeronautical engineer Gianni Caproni, and a lot of the scenes in nature. There are also some early busy crowd scenes that Ghibli handles with unusual energy and thoroughness. Every background character clearly has their own little story and purpose. It's amazing to watch.

The later part of the movie portrays the conflict between Jiro's work on the plane and his love for his wife. There are some touching moments in that romance, but it still felt a little limp to me. Anno's performance aside, there's a lot more heat coming from his love than from him, even though they clearly care for each other. Maybe it's just a little too Japanese of a relationship for me to really invest myself into. It feels most authentic in its quiet, domestic moments, scenes where he returns home late at night and she's already in bed.

The movie handles the war in a kind of interesting way that I'm not entirely comfortable with. It's always present, be it through the evil bombers attacking the towns of Jiro's dreams, or the constant wartime push that his friends remind him about, but its consequences are never an important part of his consciousness. At one point, his friend says something to the effect of, "The war isn't our concern; we should just focus on making a great plane." The consequences of that race for aesthetic perfection might exist in a very real way that the movie occasionally alludes to, but they don't matter to Jiro, which means they aren't made very obvious to the audience. He wanted to build beautiful planes, and he achieved that dream, so he did well, despite the costs. The movie seems sympathetic to his perspective, but also realistic about its limits. It's an odd balance.

As for the question on everyone's minds, Anno does about as well as he could have given his limits. When he first speaks, it's completely jarring, but I found myself pretty used to his voice by the end. During some relaxed moments, or when he's talking about planes, I think he sounds great, and sometimes he sounds realistic in a way that's only bad because of how incongruous it is with the other voice acting. At other times, he seems out of place either because he sounds like an old nerd or because he sounds like he's just reading words on a script instead of being in that moment. I'll never understand why Miyazaki was so insistent on casting him.

The airplane sound effects are generally great. The only time the voiced sound effects felt really off to me was in an early scene with a lot of destruction. Voices aren't quite adequate for making the sounds of a building collapsing, and the effect was almost more comical than fearsome.

I don't like it as much as some of Ghibli's most classic movies (maybe that's an impossible standard), but it's Miyazaki at his most adult and ambiguous, which makes it more interesting than anything they've put out in a decade. It's absolutely worth seeing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Servant x Service 3

Man, Hasebe's really tryin' to get him some'a that sweet sweet oppai. It does kinda feel like they're trying to make Hasebe a bit too "perfect", as it were. But I'm willing to see where they're going with it.

Pretty sure this is the funniest show of the season (of the stuff I'm watching, anyway). Love it.

He was Andrew.

Fuck Andrew

Sailor Moon 31

I swear to god I actually wanted Jupiter to poke around right there, but clearly this puts more seeds into the ground for lesbian loving.

Also Cat love and a bunch of gangbang allegories. And massive nightmare fuel in the form of a wall of rats. FUCK THAT SHIT!

Anyway, this subplot made me think.

1) WHERE'S THAT DAMN 4TH CHAOS EMERALD
2) I recall another cat, a white cat, that is what my memory has told me. Is that for Chibiusa?'
3) Tuxedo Mask is fucking greedy.

Well we have all the RAINBOW CRYSTALS REVEALED, guess there's either the getting all of them united or getting the Silver Crystal.

Theonik

Eureka Seven Twenty-Seven
ibwTzpwdsX84NW.png

To get on my nerves.
Beams noooooooooooo
God dammit . Also look at that manservice. And lol at what he chose in the end given his choices of wardrobe.
He's like, jumpsuit? Uniform? I'll just go naked!
New OP and ED now. I like the new ED New OP doesn't quite do it for me yet but at least it has plenty of
Eureka x Renton

Theonik

Sailor Moon 31

I swear to god I actually wanted Jupiter to poke around right there, but clearly this puts more seeds into the ground for lesbian loving.
You and pretty much everyone.
But maybe Mercury usually goes nopan. Would explain the reaction and the lack of Mercury PS. (will have to get back to you on that)

God damn, he's all up on Eureka's ass like a champ!
Fuwa fuwa.

wonzo

Banned
Kintrails! 3 aka novid

kinmoza3.jpg

Little did they know it was merely an illusionary effect of the nefarious CHEMTRAILS put in the sky by the ILLUMINATI REPTILE JEWS to force OBAMACARE DEATHCAMPS upon the NEW WORLD ORDER. Heh, it's almost just as illusionary as our oppressive FIAT currency. #donttreadonmoe #goldhairstandard #zimmerman2016

Pooya

Monogatari s2 -3

5 :SDBurton out of 5.

Shaft is being super extra revealing with this, not holding back anything. So much packed in one episode, lolol.

I thought Cuties looked better than the last arc with the weird alternate dimension parents anyway.
That arc , unfortunatly is canon to the Hayate no gotoku universe , even if they changed some things , given that it was written by the manga author himself.

I don't like that fact but i can live with it.

What exactly is the appeal of fucking Gundam Seed, not that I ever want to see it again because I hate someone in it.

Good mecha, alright action , overpowered main character , beautifull yet very scary main heroine ?

Servant x Service 3

Man, Hasebe's really tryin' to get him some'a that sweet sweet oppai. It does kinda feel like they're trying to make Hasebe a bit too "perfect", as it were. But I'm willing to see where they're going with it.

Pretty sure this is the funniest show of the season (of the stuff I'm watching, anyway). Love it.
I think they are trying to make it very capable, but they already showed many signs of him being flawed ( slacking at work , unable to remember his first objective )
My waifu <3
Always wondered what made SEED so popular compared to other gundam shows and then found out that it actually had sizable female audience.

Your "waifu" ennemies are either "converted" or dead so well ...
The candidate for the most capable waifu ever ?

Lurky

Monogatari Series season 2 Episodes 1-3

I really should be enjoying this more but their new hairstyles make me sad. Why did they do such a thing to both Senjougahara and Hanekawa? WHY?! ;-;

cnet128

Banned
Gah, even just your description here makes it sound seriously creepy. You really can't tell?

Anyway, games should be about gameplay. You don't (or shouldn't) play a game just to "experience moe characters being moe". You play a game to play a game. And if it's a mystery detective game, you should of course be playing as the detectives in question.

Playing the "games should be about gameplay" card doesn't even make sense when you're talking about games in the adventure/visual novel mould where there isn't any real-time action and you spend most of your time reading text. The closest thing to "gameplay" here in the traditional sense is the occasional QTE-style events where you have to make a split-second judgement about which of the girls' powers provides the solution to a situation. Somehow I don't think that should be the core of the game experience.

These kinds of games are about the characters and narrative and audiovisual experience, so it makes perfect sense to judge them on largely the same criteria as you would judge an anime. And if you think any Milky Holmes media doesn't have "moe characters being moe" as one of its major draws, I think you may be deluding yourself >.>

(Note: No, games do not all need a random perspective character to play as. Some games have player proxy characters, others don't. Second, the "problems" you're talking about are irrelevant; we're talking about a VIDEOGAME here. Why should I care who the player is "squeeing" over? It's a game. You expect to play as the main character, not some other random person watching the main character. Unless, of course, it's a dating sim, which your description makes it sound like it is. (Note: That is not a genre I like or think is often any good.)

...But Kobayashi isn't "some other random person", he's a legitimate part of the detective team. He just takes on the leader role, which is a much more sensible role for the player to have than "one of four moeblob detectives" since as you say, this is a videogame, so the player is expected to be the competent one who makes all the important decisions and does the actual deduction. The game handles this pretty well, by letting the Milky Holmes girls do the actual searching for clues at the crime scene, then Kobayashi/the player discusses their findings with each of them individually and then helps them draw conclusions.

So it's the all-ages version, instead of the H version. Same basic idea, clearly.

...No, because the difference between an all-ages harem/dating sim and an H harem/dating sim is the presence or absence of sex, not romance. If there's not even any romance, it's not that kind of game. It's just a game with character interaction in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom