• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Eureka Seven 32

It might have been obvious from the last episode but Dewie is fucking insane. Also that Anemone. I really wonder what's in these injections because the personality altering they cause is pretty huge.
Also something I wish to restate is that Alex Thurston is clearly the best Thurston. Also poor Eureka. She must feel like shit.
Nirvash Type 2!!!!! SO awesome!!! That laser Itano circus action

I must admin, Dominic x Anemone is the only paring that I care about in the series.

sonicmj1

so watched 3 episodes of turn a gundam.
SOOO BORING. z z z z z z.

i guess ill watch the first series i guess.

I thought if you were watching the original, the movies were the way to go.

Anyway, you were recommended the real correct choices (08th MS Team and G Gundam), so why don't you watch those?

Jex

Y'all just can't appreciate Tomino's genius. People from the moon descending with robots to crush 19th Century faux-America is amazing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I must admin, Dominic x Anemone is the only paring that I care about in the series.

What? Renton x Eureka is like one of the sweetest pairings I've ever seen in anime.

Anemone was just a crazy lady and Dominic was the one who couldn't escape domestic abuse. Thats not a pairing I can support.

Y'all just can't appreciate Tomino's genius. People from the moon descending with robots to crush 19th Century faux-America is amazing.

Turn-A is awesome indeed. It's a bit better if you've seen the early UC stuff but it's fine without it as well.
The characters are amazing. Kihel and Loran are classic. Harry Ord grows on you as well.

Aizo

Banned
so watched 3 episodes of turn a gundam.
SOOO BORING. z z z z z z.

i guess ill watch the first series i guess.
tumblr_mh7iy80AlQ1r8cm5vo1_500.gif
Your avatar... do you even like Gundam?

Jex

What? Renton x Eureka is like one of the sweetest pairings I've ever seen in anime.

Anemone was just a crazy lady and Dominic was the one who couldn't escape domestic abuse. Thats not a pairing I can support.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. It's not Anemone's fault that she's crazy.

It's also a rare version of a Four Murasame (from Gundam Zeta) type character who isn't paired with the lead in a mecha show!

Theonik

Hitokage's face when you don't watch Doremi.

But he still loves her despite all that. His love is pure enough for the both of them.

Well, there is a big SW event with an "important announcement" in October.

There is hope!
There's apparently an announcement in October or something. GOTTA BELIEVE.

Pdot beat me, so still BELIEVE.
I BELIEVE! Don't let me down!

cnet128

Banned
Guys guys guys, no need to argue. Dominic x Anemone and Renton x Eureka are both great pairings.
The doujins told me so, it must be true.

Yes! Precure 5 - 06

Fifth Precure get! Full team assembled! YeahhhhYES!

Man, I'm such a sucker for opening themes used as BGM. Even though this season's OP is a massive downgrade from the previous seasons, when I hear the instrumental version in the background during climactic action scenes, I can feel myself starting to like it. METAMORPHOOOOOOOOSE~!

Tenumi

Banned
Come now, it's not like I was talking about E7 doujins featuring Maeter or anything.

Yes, I know of more than one such doujin.

Please tell me there's no doujin with Dr. Greg "Bear" Egan.... or whatever that huge guy's name is.

Knowing the world, its probably the one with Maeter...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi # 47

xGW6jAJ.jpg

Haha, this show.
Spent half a season flirting with a change in style only to remind everyone that it knows what it wants to be.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
My sister just saw my Yayoi and Princess of the Crystal figurines and called me a pedophile. fml

This is why I hide everything.

Sailor Moon 32

Sailor Moon did something on her own, also more pairing off people in order to make sure there's no conflict with the eventual pair up of Usagi and Mammories.

And Sailor Moon did a pretty big failure on her part, but hay Umino, you looked kinda cool, Naru might want you now. Now we have to get Rei onto that one other dude and we'll be set.

cnet128

Banned
Well the good news is that the LWA one is futa.

This is never good news ~.~

Yes! Precure 5 - 07

Hot guyMascot number 2 get! Nuts is quite the cutie. ...His squirrel form, that is.

We also got to see the joint transformation sequence for all five Cures together for the first time this episode. Not that it was any footage we hadn't already seen, but nice to see it all come together. And mantis-man returned to fight again, as well! Still not much more competent though. If I were him, I would have run away with the Dream Collet as soon as I got my hands on it, rather than sticking around to fight. Oh villains, why you so silly.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What I've heard in the past few minutes:

"I just want you to know that these are not realistic depictions of women. I know that you watch a lot of this stuff and I don't want you to develop a warped sexual attraction to characters who look like children."

"If I was a young lady that you wanted to date and I saw those, I'd probably say "maybe not..."

I wonder what her GAF username is.

CorvoSol

Eureka Seven 32

It might have been obvious from the last episode but Dewie is fucking insane. Also that Anemone. I really wonder what's in these injections because the personality altering they cause is pretty huge.
Also something I wish to restate is that Alex Thurston is clearly the best Thurston. Also poor Eureka. She must feel like shit.
Nirvash Type 2!!!!! SO awesome!!! That laser Itano circus action

Oh, Anemone. Her arc with Dominic is one of the best in the show, I think. Which is probably part of the reason I hated PFoR. NEVER watch PFoR. EVER.

Utena 03

Wow what a fucking brocon bitch.

I think I have some sort of affinity to quickly like stuff that has an air of assholes of nobility to it.
Like so far my favorite part of LoGH has to still be the first quarter where Reinhard puts scum of noble blood to their places. Also Berserk, where Griffith had to show the queen and those other dogs who runs this shit.

Here, in Utena, the air of assholes of nobility comes from seitokaichou. That guy is so full of himself it'll be so sweet to see him fall.

I think I really started to like Touga by the end. Especially when the movie rolled around.

Bad man. BAD.
There is no such thing as an E7 doujin.

One of the things I liked most about E7 was that Eureka isn't really sexualised in the way that a lot of mecha heroines are.

Didn't we get one called Astral Ocean?

The less said about Astral Ocean the better. Can't believe how bad this show is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom