• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mushibugyou - Episode 10

So it seems like this anime's fighting is picking up ten fold now. Holy crap there's been some good scenes appearing one after the other. Also Jimbei on the next episode
finally looks powerful. I like that Jimbei isn't OP or too powerful in the series but I've been waiting for him to break out some secret power and it seems like he does.
Hope these fighting scenes stay good because i'm hyped for the next episode.

I had the SAME reaction as yours.

The fact that this whole thing doesn't seem/feel like danger to the populace is UNBELIVABLE.
Not to mention the 0 death tool....

The only question is : how the heck were they doing before mugai was recruted in the corps ? The thing with insects is over 100 years old !!

Exactly. I literally lost it when I saw the villagers having a picnic when it was happening. It's like they don't even care that their houses are being destroyed.

Mushibugyou - Episode 10

So it seems like this anime's fighting is picking up ten fold now. Holy crap there's been some good scenes appearing one after the other. Also Jimbei on the next episode
finally looks powerful. I like that Jimbei isn't OP or too powerful in the series but I've been waiting for him to break out some secret power and it seems like he does.
Hope these fighting scenes stay good because i'm hyped for the next episode.

Exactly. I literally lost it when I saw the villagers having a picnic when it was happening. It's like they don't even care that their houses are being destroyed.

Don't worry , it doesn't really disapoint .

Also about the huge insects and the populace , what scares me is that they probably have a perfectly reasonnable explanation down the road to explain this... Now i wonder if i'll be impressed or surprised.

Taruranto

Guys...

8dzc9sN.png

Hattori

Banned
I was talking about Shu from guilty crown and I was going to search for an image to add to my post but then I realized I never want to see anything having to do with Guilty Crown again.
:lol its okay
I wasn't serious

Poor Hitoha

awww *hugs Atlus will live on I'm sure. Too many valuable properties.
haha thanks cajun

I wonder if it's possible to catch up with One Piece. I'm on Ep.71 but the amount of episodes depresses me each time.

Its possible, but pace yourself. The early episodes of One Piece can be a chore to watch, so do it in moderation.

Blusby

DTL Survivor Episode 13 (End): Truly the anime of our generation, Kishi is a director of fine taste and it shows in this well-made, carefully crafted adaption. The pacing and characterization are nothing short of great and the animation impressed me consistently. It's a shame that this show has come to an end and that I will most likely not find such a high-brow production as this for the rest of the year.
-Life-

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Toradora! 15

Man, it's really jarring to see Yuuasku so down and so...not himself.

Sad Taiga is still pretty damn cute.

Man what is up with him.

okay Taiga now that's a plan :lol

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 95: The Twin Stars Collide!

~ Then what will you do after you fight and win? ~

Alright, it's time to prepare for more starfleet battles! Mittermeyer vs von Reuental, the Twin Stars of the Neue Reich. I'm surprised at how deep von Reuental's pride goes. Not even his best friend could convince him.
The Iserlohn Republic crew remains a good source of comedy. I wished Julian had chosen to condemn Truniht, but I guess that goes against his principles. Principles suck sometimes.
Tchaikovsky's Sixth Symphony was used well during Murai's visit. It brought this happy mood along with it, which was very fitting.

Is it? It's just a picture of one of LN characters that hasn't appear yet (she's also in one of the covers). I'll delete it if you want, but i don't think without context it does anything.

it's not a spoiler but she is a character that would appear if a S2 is made so ..Most people who don't read LNs ( only a few of us are unless i'm mistaken ) aren't even aware of the character existance .
That's why it might be a spoiler for some people

No need to remove the picture however.

For example your picture is from Vol 3 but the anime only covered the first 2 vols.

Sort of rewatching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency right now and later on at night, really seeing some bad art every now and again.

Oh well. Almost time to end Maou-sama ;-;

Maou-sama 13 (END)

RIP Thursday Waifu Wars. I really enjoyed Maou-sama for the most part. The characters play off each other extremely well which lead to a good amount of hilarity, also Chiho is adorable. There's a good amount of stuff in the second half I could do without, like boring McBoring pool episode among other things. Decent comedy and I'd welcome an S2.

Toradora! 10

What's going on, Blue? You be mackin'? You think you got game? Boom! Twist! Straight outta left field, folks! I bow down to the almighty Minori!

SAIN SEYA OMEGA - 62

Wait ? so omega mean something ????? You're telling me that after 62 eps ? ROFL

Anyway this was a beautifull episode :

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2062.jpg

Anybody who under estimate the libra cloth is a fool.

I certainly expected some serious nerfing of the glod saints in order to give more time to the heros , after all
one if busy protecting athena , another is busy repairing cloths , and now one is dead . I really fear for the old cast because if this continues , we'll have some devious things to happen to them all , just for teh sake of the new cast. I hope this won't happen however.

Subara is still a stain on the picture , i really can't decide who is the most useless between haruto or subaru ... Who should disapear. It certainly won't be subaru since they are hinting like crazy that he has something abnormal and i hope we'll get over it soon so we can focus on something else ( or at least give him a proper cloth , dammit !)

And where is EDEN ? I know that eden + koga travelling together would be overkill in term of plot , but at least give an episode to him so that we know what he is doing , so that we can see some cool fights !

Bleh subaru, haruto , both horrible characters !

Anyway what's done is done , the sword is now nerfed for the final battle ( watch him not reparing the sword just because ).

Naruto Shippuden 319

Pretty good filler about Sasori's past.

That last scene with him smiling as a child with his family is sad, considering that was probably the last time he was truly happy. Really wish they would have shown how his parents died in their battle against Kakashi's dad.

Metrotab

Banned
OreImo - 12

Why do anime parties always have so much drama?
Why does Kyousuke have absolutely no male friends?
Why is Saori still not in the running?

Kuroneko's sister is such a great character. It really runs in the family.

That montage with Ayase reminded me of those suburban shows from the 60s or 70s.

Poor, poor Ayase. I actually thought Kyousuke was interested in her as well, but ofcourse the idiot rejects her.

Crime edge - 13 [end]

Loli Abuse , many ray of lights , sister bonding , and NTR ?
What a way to end a season.

I think i'll want another season please .

Tenumi

Banned
The Devil is a Part Timer: 13 (End)

I've gotta say, this was the most consistently good series that I watched this season. Great, memorable characters and a rather original plot lead to an enjoyable experience. I would love to see a second season someday in the future.

jgminto

Hataraku Maou-sama! 13 End

iyYYZIf13KyF2.gif

I DON'T WANT IT TO END!

This has been such a great show. Stellar aside from one or two eps. A cast that doesn't have a single bad or dull character and the cutest character ever as well. I'm going to miss this show and I'm going to miss Chiho.

Also Chiho's new outfit is the best thing ever.
Will have to make an avatar out of it for season 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom