• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Photokano - 13

Greatest episode ever. It delivered on everything I wanted and fucking nailed it ALL. DAT ENDING.

X0r4TMj.gif

FUCK.

YES.

Aw shit. Am I AnimeGAF's resident siscon? I hate that shit in real life but in anime is is fucking graaaaaavy. I'm fucked.

0jFei3t.gif

Siscon is ok in the realm of fantasy. Only IRL is it not ok. In anime? Go to town with it!

And a bonus gif of mesmerization because I like you guys.

3f7vYVW.gif

This is indeed mesmerizing thanks!

• K-On! 12: Light Music!
Mugi's eyebrows are a thing of beauty. Sexaaayyyyy
0xhHT6C.gif

I would watch the rest of the episode but I'm dying of lack of sleep

That was incidentally the first GIF I've ever made

Season 2 gets even better!
One episode is the greatest thing ever made ever ever ever.

I think I've watched and rewatched the last 7 minutes of Gargantia ep12 over two dozen times now. Soooooooooooooo good. <3

I guess Ill finish it up today.

Photo Kano 13
Why does the worst girl get probably the best episode, ugh.
if they were going to go all out on a sister arc in one of these shows, it should have been

at least.

I really want the soundtrack, I love the background/instrumental version of the OP.

Is this show worth seeing? Im not a huge fanservice fan but is there anything else to it?

Actually guys, I think right now I'd rather watch the absolute HNNNGest of the HNNNG in an attempt to cleanse my palate and also perhaps my soul.

Where's Cajun? I have need of him to recommend some of his strongest stuff.

Acchi Kocchi!
Or certain Hidamari episodes.
Or if you want something a little different, check out Galaxy angel.

I'll save everyone else the trouble. Here's everything from the CM worth seeing:

Hmmm. Kowloon walled city and the main character design isnt as bad as I feared.

So these two images popped up on my facebook feed..... =/

This is Tohka but NSFW: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1043933_473991652689433_606905788_n.jpg

This is well...

OMG OMG OMG OMG HNNNNGH.
I'll be in my bunk.

iavi

Valverave 1-2

Perfect mech handling with no experience, body swapping, jumping out of helicopters, ridiculous mech overdrives, this shit is beyond stupid...but I want to keep watching. HELP

Devil Survivor 2: The Animation 13

BUY THE NEW 3DS REMAKE!

was all I got from this series.

On one note, I am super amazed that they managed to :DTL the final fight.

Dennis

Banned
"You know, this may actually be a fun way to grow up."

ginsaji.png

SILVER SPOON
7/11 (Thu) 24:45 Fuji TV
Dir. Tomohiko Ito (Occult Gakuin, Sword Art Online), Writer Taku Kishimoto (Bunny Drop), Prod. A-1 Pictures
Noitamina finally exists again! It's even gone back to slice-of-life growing-up stories! But by this point, no one cares!
If you want to see the embarassing things FMA's author did with cows as a little girl, this show may be for you. If you -really- want to see that, it probably isn't.

This escaped my notice at first.

Will watch.

Theonik

Valverave 1-2

Perfect mech handling with no experience, body swapping, jumping out of helicopters, ridiculous mech overdrives, this shit is beyond stupid...but I want to keep watching. HELP
Boku Janaiiiiiii
So did Oreimo end in tears yet, or do you guys need to wait for the OVAs?
They are waiting for the OVAs
I blame Silver Spoon for not getting SAO S2 so soon.
If that were the case it's doing work most noble.

duckroll

A Better Tomorrow (Lexus Short Films - Directed by Mitsuyo Miyazaki)

This is the project which Bahi J.D. worked on under Koji Morimoto for the animation portions. The film itself is directed by Mitsuyo Miyazaki and is part of the Lexus Short Films series where they funded 5 different directors to make 5 different short films, kinda like what BMW did years back with The Hire.

I enjoyed the short quite a bit. Well produced, strong direction of young leads, which is usually harder than it seems. There was a lot of charisma and charm, both in the live action and the animated segments. But yet something bothered me about the entire nature of the project. The story here at the core is about environmentalism and how pollution can affect future generations. Yet it's funded by a traditional car company, which builds luxury cars and we know they don't really give a crap about the environment, at least not when it affects their business. Such irony. :p

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hREQRnoz4io
Bahi's key animation work on the short: http://bahijd.tumblr.com/tagged/phy

DiGiKerot

So apparently Otakon are hosting the world premiere of those last few episodes of OreImo, completely justifying my decision to fly out to the 'states for it!

Or not really. The justification part, I mean, not the flying to the US

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, it's coming out August 10.
I wonder if they'll end it like the Megane-chan drama. lol

There is a jdrama adaptation of the manga Limit by Keiko Suenobu. It will satisfy your hunger for shoujo manga adaptations.
That makes it look like some j-horror movie...

On a random note, in lieu of Tanken Driland (RIP), Leviathan is turning out to be a somewhat decent light fantasy series. Better than nothing!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ojamajo Doremi 17:

Majorika effortlessly breaking Hazuki's confidence that what's-his-face was just misunderstood was great. Doremi drops the hard truth bombs where other shows cover up reality with insipid idealism.

Seki-sensei: the delinquent whisperer. If only I had elementary school teachers like that; mine ranged from apathetic to openly antagonistic. I still don't know that
"if you throw a punch at a teacher, they'll totally understand that it's just a facade to hide your true problems and won't throw your ass in juvie for a month"
is the best thing to teach a child, though :lol

Journalist girl has the best voice. She sounds like a female Buggy the Clown when she gets worked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom