• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did Aku no Hana have an original ending or did it continue following the manga, and if so, was it a good stopping point?

It was a recap episode from the future! It wasn't a good stopping point in terms of resolving things but it was a sensible place to stop. Also it says end of part 1, teasing a part 2 that may never happen. :/

It basically announced a sequel/continuation.

Really? How so?
Did it have like a "To be continued" thing?

Also, where did it end?

It was a recap episode from the future! It wasn't a good stopping point in terms of resolving things but it was a sensible place to stop. Also it says end of part 1, teasing a part 2 that may never happen. :/

As in (slight manga spoilers)
post-timeskip?

At least Precure has the decency to throw away its cast in a regular basis.

They've probably thought they might as well just keep going since they've brought him this far. And they basically reset Ash's character each time anyways.

Ash the ultimate loser. I don't know why you'd want kids to look up to that fucker.

They've probably thought they might as well just keep going since they've brought him this far. And they basically reset Ash's character each time anyways.

Ash the ultimate loser. I don't know why you'd want kids to look up to that fucker.

Cause he has a Pikachu and no one else apparently does!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Because coming up with new things is hard work.

I'm just saying it's pretty shameful that Toei shows more creativity for its toy infomercials than The Pokémon Company.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

whoa @ that trailer. Dammit, Nintendo, you know that there's an older market for this that would lap it up. Thanks for the delicious Kamitsure, at least.

So, new region = new scoobies for Ash, right? Bring Misty back you motherfuckers.

That's almost like a Kickstarter.

They must have won that license for free in a drunken poker match or something to be able to have goals that low.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Really? How so?
Did it have like a "To be continued" thing?

Also, where did it end?

As in (slight manga spoilers)
post-timeskip?

No, the
montage ends with the festival arc cliffhanger. So presumably part 2 won't have any time skip elements
. But who knows at this point?

Tenumi

Banned

Member Etiquette,
Posting Etiquette
. I quote.

Be polite, please
In general when posting in threads, don't be a dick. Be respectful of other fellow members, and learn to argue against the points in a discussion without making it personal or insulting the other party. Present your points well and others will respect your opinion more. Using proper grammar and avoiding typos will also make it easier for others to understand your message.

In addition,
Banned Sites, Inappropriate Posts, and Memes, Section Thread Whining / Respect to Others

- Thread Whining / Respect to Others. It's not that "Haters gonna hate" is a banned meme, it's that it's often used to be flippant and dismissive to other posters. If someone is trying to explain what they think about something, either treat them with respect or don't reply at all. So when you post "u mad", "deal with it", "haters gonna hate", "the GAF hivemind", "the usual suspects", "but GAF said x and now they're saying y!!!", "entitled whiners" or anything else that suggests that you don't care what other people think, you may be banned if it is taking away from discussion. This is getting to be a pretty big problem, and it's probably the single largest category of bans these days. If you don't want to discuss something, you don't need to post.

This also includes things like "weekend gaf", "sounds like a GameFAQs threads", "tl;dr", "cool story, bro", "Neat" and associated image macros, "who gives a shit", etc. This list is not exhaustive, and using variants of these statements such as "bold please" and "f*ck the haters" is not a good way to avoid getting banned, as the problem is the general message/intent of your post, not the specific words you are using. If you think a particular thread is lowering a quality of the forum, PM a moderator about it.

The point I'm trying to get across is that he's pretty much admitting that he doesn't care about my opinion, he's just trying to get me mad. He wants to humor himself on my answers. I want to have a serious discussion, but it been made pretty much impossible because of the other side having no respect or interest in listening to my opinion.

jman2050

Noted! HERE COME THE END

Toradora! 25 END

god this episode way too fucking cute...my poor heart...

antMsMy.jpg

...my heart can't take this shit...it's almost like when (clannad spoiler)
Nagisa died in Clannad

WHAT IS ON THAT LETTER

Okay, now that's fucking cute as all hell

10/10

my heart hurts

The fold grows. Seraphis has treated you well.

Incidentally, I find it funny when people compare Clannad AS and Toradora because besides airing at around the same time they're very different types of stories.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Because coming up with new things is hard work.

I'm just saying it's pretty shameful that Toei shows more creativity for its toy infomercials than The Pokémon Company.

Ash didn't always suck, but by the time that he did, he was already an institution. He's just proof that your mascot character can also be your protagonist.

Attack on Titan - 13

WIT, awkwardly cutting some still frames together/slowing down the framerate isn't a great way to hide that you didn't animate a scene. In fact it just makes things worse.

In other news, I am rather happy with what I'm seeing in regards to people's opinion and perspective on Manami changing. It's glorious. I just wish it could heal all of my pain.

CorvoSol

Can't wait for you to realize how simple the stopwatch stuff is.

popcorn.gif

Regulus is too cryptic to be a professor, he's more like the master to your disciple. Think wax on wax off or there is no spoon kind of shit. Look forward to the day when you'll have to kill him.

Wait, is he my Master or my Sith Lord? Or wait, does this make him Master Asia to my Domon? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Cause he has a Pikachu and no one else apparently does!

A Pikachu that fucking WARPS REALITY. Did you see the first Pokemon movie? Ash's Pikachu defeats a GOLEM with an ELECTRIC attack. THAT IS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE. This is why even Mewtwo backed the fuck off after awhile. Cuz Ash's Pikachu can do things that are, quite literally impossible in the Pokemon universe.

wonzo

Banned
Looks like a Fansub group is licensing anime.
http://crimson-star.us/crimson-star-...t-acquisition/

They are putting out Looking Up At The Half-Moon (Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora).

Seems they are depending on preorders but as of right now you can only preorder on their site but I think they might have an Amazon listing.

Really don't know if they are legit or not since it's a new company.
I think someone earlier pointed out the guy heading this thing has a history of being a massive scammer so it's not surprising this entire things reeks of some bad kickstarter!

Narag

[The point I'm trying to get across is that he's pretty much admitting that he doesn't care about my opinion, he's just trying to get me mad. He wants to humor himself on my answers. I want to have a serious discussion, but it been made pretty much impossible because of the other side having no respect or interest in listening to my opinion.

Then let it go. You don't actually have to engage him if you realize he's not interested.

The fold grows. Seraphis has treated you well.

Incidentally, I find it funny when people compare Clannad AS and Toradora because besides airing at around the same time they're very different types of stories.

Because they're both 10/10

But really though, as much as I love both shows pretty much equally they're like totally different, even though they're both set in a High School setting. Clannad is romantic drama that turns into a coming-of-age story. Toradora is what a romantic comedy should strive to be.

Tenumi

Banned
Then let it go. You don't actually have to engage him if you realize he's not interested.

Not planning on it anymore. Its just tiring to see someone get away with it so blatantly. Its about 2:00 AM EDT. I need sleep, and I'll be going on it in a Soul Eater high..

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
A Pikachu that fucking WARPS REALITY. Did you see the first Pokemon movie? Ash's Pikachu defeats a GOLEM with an ELECTRIC attack. THAT IS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE. This is why even Mewtwo backed the fuck off after awhile. Cuz Ash's Pikachu can do things that are, quite literally impossible in the Pokemon universe.
Same Pikachu that has beaten legendary Pokeymen like Latios... yet gets pummeled by a Snivy first thing when he moves from one region to another.

Pikachu is a victim. :(

Dresden

The point I'm trying to get across is that he's pretty much admitting that he doesn't care about my opinion, he's just trying to get me mad. He wants to humor himself on my answers. I want to have a serious discussion, but it been made pretty much impossible because of the other side having no respect or interest in listening to my opinion.
His comments from before -

Otherwise I wouldn't be able to acknowledge their inferiority.
This way makes me laugh more.

- were clearly in jest. After reading over the last few posts in your debate, I don't think he set out to specifically offend you, just that you're more invested in this subject than he is and the difference in viewpoints is causing you more grief than it does for him. I can understand if you find this frustrating, but at that point it may be easier to simply drop the subject, because otherwise, I see no need for actual moderation right now.

Nafe

Did people purposefully try to come in second?

No, it looked like it was more of a surprise that no one really knew about.

Screw money (assuming that's what the first place prize is). I'd lose on purpose to get that.

I can't remember if there was an amount mentioned but I think it was money as well as a little trophy as far as a prize. The pillow I think was more of a surprise.

Tenumi

Banned
His comments from before -

- were clearly in jest. After reading over the last few posts in your debate, I don't think he set out to specifically offend you, just that you're more invested in this subject than he is and the difference in viewpoints is causing you more grief than it does for him. I can understand if you find this frustrating, but at that point it may be easier to simply drop the subject, because otherwise, I see no need for actual moderation right now.

Alrighty. My last word on the matter is that I can see the second one, just not the first one as "jest". I can't really help that I'm passionate about my interests, and I tend to defend them when I see them unfairly criticized. I'm gonna get some sleep, and hopefully tomorrow I can have some fun catching up on the shows I missed the past few days.

Wait, is he my Master or my Sith Lord? Or wait, does this make him Master Asia to my Domon? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

Sure, why not. Utena will make you slam your head against the desk enough to destroy revolutionize the world and Regulus will have to step in and stop that from happening.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Same Pikachu that has beaten legendary Pokeymen like Latios... yet gets pummeled by a Snivy first thing when he moves from one region to another.

Pikachu is a victim. :(

Now that Ash can hack pokemon over his iPhone there's no reason for him not to have a Lv255 Pikachu with 999 in each stat at the beginning of each season now. In the bad old days he had to play normally until he could get his hands on a GameShark.

Now that Ash can hack pokemon over his iPhone there's no reason for him not to have a Lv255 Pikachu with 999 in each stat at the beginning of each season now. In the bad old days he had to play normally until he could get his hands on a GameShark.

Maybe that's why he ends up being braindead every new season -- his game is corrupted like Nintendo says!

Nintendo's trying to warn us not to cheat!

The ninjas are after us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom