• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, what chapter of the manga does the Aku no Hana anime end at? The only reason that I didn't watch it this season was because I have the first three volumes sitting around unread and wanted to use the series as a complement, so I'd love to know if I can just start reading so that I can watch or if I'll need to tack another one onto my next Amazon order.

Based on what Falafel said, it sounds like it ended at chapter 19, which is a little bit into volume 4.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Toradora! 26 EXTRA

Little unused episode/OVA from the first half of the series (based on the OP and ED).

They really should've used Ryuuji's scary face gag more than they did. It's great.

:lol at that Engrish lesson

Huh. Never would've guessed any episode about making lunches for school would be entertaining.

cajunator

Banned
  • K-On!! 01
I've got a fever
and the only prescription
is more mugi-chan

You will be well rewarded.

Member Etiquette,
Posting Etiquette
. I quote.

In addition,
Banned Sites, Inappropriate Posts, and Memes, Section Thread Whining / Respect to Others

The point I'm trying to get across is that he's pretty much admitting that he doesn't care about my opinion, he's just trying to get me mad. He wants to humor himself on my answers. I want to have a serious discussion, but it been made pretty much impossible because of the other side having no respect or interest in listening to my opinion.

Tenumi, I like you. You have the cutest momo avatar ever and I generally agree with you. however there are two things you gotta realize here.
1. DIMB is usually wrong
2. subtle trolling here is a common occurrence. Its just how this thread functions. Its kind of a running joke of sorts. Dont take it personally ok?

Madoka 7

Why are all these girls so dumb?

Because little girls and evil catbbit fucker.

Alrighty. My last word on the matter is that I can see the second one, just not the first one as "jest". I can't really help that I'm passionate about my interests, and I tend to defend them when I see them unfairly criticized. I'm gonna get some sleep, and hopefully tomorrow I can have some fun catching up on the shows I missed the past few days.

Understandably you could be upset but its just another opinion.

CorvoSol

So out of all the shows that started this season I'm only finishing Aku no Hana and Gargantia. That sounds about right.

Chu Chu is Chu Chu.

I cannot trust you any more. For all I know you're actually Hitokage masquerading as Branduil with an avatar that vaguely resembles SD Burton but is actually Cajunator.

That's what this show has done to me.

My only credentials here are having seen the show five times, reading some of the book provided in each DVD set, and discussing with others in the past. Please don't feel like you're slow or something, because a lot of stuff you simply won't pick up on the first time. Fortunately, Utena is a fun rewatch so it might happen on its own anyway.

My feelings so far are that the show is good, but not what I'd call "user friendly." Much like Evangelion there's a whole bunch of stuff that first time viewers are just gonna go "UUUUUHM." at.

I tend to separate everything into two when watching the show. There's the plot, which is about Utena and this Rose Bride Dueling bidness, and then there's all that symbolic nonsense which I shrug away. It's how I got through my first time watching Evangelion, and how I'll get through this.

Slayers TRY 26

I cannot believe that Sylphiel was not present for an entire season. I'm like, legitimately impressed by that, and by the fact that this season's finale did not also take place in Sairaag for the sake of shoehorning Sylphiel in again.

That said, while not the best show ever, and not the best season, this season does end in a fairly satisfying way.
The evil is defeated, Gourry gives up his sword, meaning there is basically no means for Lina to dodge the fact that she and Gourry are together for reasons not related to that Sword of Light, Zel goes off on his own to find a cure which basically doesn't exist, Amelia gets sucked back into politics, and Xellos goes back to being a mid level manager in Hell Inc.

Oh, and Filia opens up a shop selling maces and urns.

cjkeats

Toradora! 26 EXTRA

Little unused episode/OVA from the first half of the series (based on the OP and ED).

They really should've used Ryuuji's scary face gag more than they did. It's great.

:lol at that Engrish lesson

Huh. Never would've guessed any episode about making lunches for school would be entertaining.

I watched this recently too! Didn't even know it existed until I considered rewatching the show from reading your posts. It was a fun little reminder of how great that show is.

Slayers TRY 26

I cannot believe that Sylphiel was not present for an entire season. I'm like, legitimately impressed by that, and by the fact that this season's finale did not also take place in Sairaag for the sake of shoehorning Sylphiel in again.

That said, while not the best show ever, and not the best season, this season does end in a fairly satisfying way.
The evil is defeated, Gourry gives up his sword, meaning there is basically no means for Lina to dodge the fact that she and Gourry are together for reasons not related to that Sword of Light, Zel goes off on his own to find a cure which basically doesn't exist, Amelia gets sucked back into politics, and Xellos goes back to being a mid level manager in Hell Inc.

You and I are forever Slayers bros. T_T

madp

The Light of El Cantare
cajun shared this OP with me on twitter, and I'm sharing it in the selfish hope that I'm not the only one who gets freaked the fuck out at a certain point.

I was too busy listening to dat Ito Masumi to really pay attention to things, and then halfway through it hits me that
SHE'S THE SIZE OF AN ACTUAL CAT?!?!? WHAAAAAAT

cajun shared this OP with me on twitter, and I'm sharing it in the selfish hope that I'm not the only one who gets freaked the fuck out at a certain point.

I was too busy listening to dat Ito Masumi to really pay attention to things, and then halfway through it hits me that

This is so incredibly :cajun that my head is actually hurting a bit.

R-Ryouga sempai . . . uguu!

Ryouga-sensei would be more appropriate.

cajunator

Banned
I thought arti said that was a scam?

He did. and it most likely is.

The World God Only Knows S2 - Episodes 5-7

So I'm glad episode 6 helped relieve one of my cons of the show, that almost none of the
girls he capture ever get in the story again. So glad the 1st capture came back, even if it was for a few seconds.
Also on episode 7 I can't believe Keima
captured her like that. She put him in the friendzone and he still captured her, I guess he really is the visual novel king.

This show is just getting better and better and I can't wait for the next episodes. If the show stays good I can't wait for season 3, heck I might even start reading the manga if its good enough.

Also, why is chibi Elsie so adorable, I couldn't help myself laughing everytime she went in chibi mode.

Akio Watanabe is your god.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 23

Errybody want's Utena's dick this episode, I guess. It's what she gets, wearing tight, bright, red bike shorts errywurr. Sooner or later peeps gonna want.
How dumb do you have to be Utena, that when someone says "I am attracted to you, I want to get closer to you." you legit ask "Why?" HE JUST TOLD YOU WHY. And you legit can't think of friends who are having troubles? I mean Wakaba just had that whole breakdown with Saionji? Miki's hopelessly in love with a girl who doesn't return his feelings? Anthy is a fucking blank sheet of paper? None of your friends' absurd or terrible problems come to mind?

Utena Tenjou is a terrible friend.

Oh and also that really deep trauma where you lost both your parents, too. And now you're holding hands with the Worst Girl. C'mon, Utena. Come On. Holy fucking shut up secretary lady. You aren't a character and you are eating up valuable screen time. YOUR PROBLEMS I DON'T CARE BOUT. Suddenly creepy as fuck photographs of all the people Utena has fought lately.

Just how long HAS that castle been there? And these rings? And this sick, twisted game?

This guy is fucking CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

WHAT.

WHAT.

WUT.

WHAT IN THE ROYAL FUCK.

NO. NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

That's FUCKING BULLSHIT. DID ANY OF THIS HAPPEN? WERE THE LAST SEVEN EPISODES EVEN FUCKING REAL?

EVERYTHING IS A FUCKING LIE. I DON'T KNOW. IT'S ALL SO FUCKING.

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH.

So much fun! This is so much fun!

I thought TWGOK was banal. It doesn't do things cleverly enough to have the right to parody visual novels.

That said, I love that art style. That Itou Kanae Elsie.

again, Akio Watanabe IS YOUR GOD.

• Humanity Has Declined 01
In which our protagonist has SHORT HAIR!!
...NEVER MIND!!
NoQo0iY.png

I am really liking the artstyle, reminds me of Skyward Sword. Speaking of Zelda, we once again learn to never ever trust chickens.

Also those fairies kinda scare me a little bit. Sorta like, Kyubey from Madoka, with their eternally smiling open mouths.

Actually I get this feeling this is going to sorta be a bit of a Madoka-lite. I'm probably wrong and will promptly lower my expectations.

I also get this feeling that soylent marmalade is people.
I'm probably also wrong on that point too

Don't you know bread's bad for you?....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHH MMMYYYY GOSSSHHHHH I was not ready for this!!!
RIP BREAD Madoka-lite confirmed!

Oh man. this show has only just begun to fuck your mind.

Jinrui typically operates through two-episode self-contained narratives; it's also a dark comedy and not simply "dark", so comparing it to Madoka Magica in any way will color your expectations needlessly.

Regardless, you've made a very good choice for a show to pick up and I hope that you enjoy it. Dammit, hurry up with those BDs, Sentai.

I agree. Didnt see it up for preorder yet though. Maybe I missed it.

No, it's just a brief pause before he actually puts his hand on her shoulder much to the chagrin of those around him. I can't quite reconcile the idea of Touga and hover hand in the same sentence either.

The dudes in Utena DO NOT hoverhand. They do everything else.

If anime has taught me anything, it's to not have expectations. It's just better in the long run, and it means giving less fucks. I think this is sound advice for us to live under.

CorvoSol

If anime has taught me anything, it's to not have expectations. It's just better in the long run, and it means giving less fucks. I think this is sound advice for us to live under.

Anime taught me to build fantastic expectations so that your inevitable meltdown when they all come crashing down around you will be that much more enjoyable. If you're going to suffer, might as well enjoy it, I say!

Anime taught me to build fantastic expectations so that your inevitable meltdown when they all come crashing down around you will be that much more enjoyable. If you're going to suffer, might as well enjoy it, I say!

I'm saying this because I realized that anything is capable of breaking you into a meltdown.

• AnoNatsu 07
Last time on boobs, butts and cameltoe
fOR5oH4.png

Remon is like seriously the only sane person in this show. Everyone is so oblivious to romance. She's so taking advantage of this situation for her movie, though. ehuhuhu

AWWRIGHT MIO stand up for yourself, girl! -- oh wow she's a nudist okay. ehuhuhu

LOL Remon taking advantage of Third Wheel. ehuhuhu

"Daisuki!" The fact this was thrown out halfway through the season is going to be a problem isn't it?

This show is really cute, though. It's one of the more straightforward romcom's I've seen, and I like that. ...ehuhuhu

Lurky

Anime has taught me that everything is a disappointment.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Someday I'll get you to watch Arcana Famiglia, and then link you to a certain post of mine when you finish.

cajunator

Banned
I cannot trust you any more. For all I know you're actually Hitokage masquerading as Branduil with an avatar that vaguely resembles SD Burton but is actually Cajunator.

That's what this show has done to me.

My feelings so far are that the show is good, but not what I'd call "user friendly." Much like Evangelion there's a whole bunch of stuff that first time viewers are just gonna go "UUUUUHM." at.

I tend to separate everything into two when watching the show. There's the plot, which is about Utena and this Rose Bride Dueling bidness, and then there's all that symbolic nonsense which I shrug away. It's how I got through my first time watching Evangelion, and how I'll get through this.

Slayers TRY 26

CAJUUUUUNNNSSSS ARRRREEEEEE SSSSSDDDBBBUURRRTOOOOONNNSSSS

Nah its not freaky.

This is so incredibly :cajun that my head is actually hurting a bit.

Ryouga-sensei would be more appropriate.

I don't have to tell you guys I have this series XD
Its a little strange but yeah they are cats but to each other they are little cat people. Its ADORABLE.

This is soooooo true!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Were new characters introduced later on in the series? Nothing like that stood out from what I watched.
Unless dresden :kayos'ed me, there's a silver haired person that I am really not sure about.

I suppose people (aka pixiv artists) have had their way, so to speak, with Armin.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That post was a classic. Very well put together. :lol

I miss being able to articulate my rage that well. At least we all have Corvo for that now :lol

Were new characters introduced later on in the series? Nothing like that stood out from what I watched.

I haven't read the manga yet, but firehawk's probably just been looking at too much Ymir fanart.

G-Taste 1

So we follow Moe, and her business attire fetish wearing adventures. There's a perverted ass dude who is the narrator, this is like.... revolutionary. Hell, this should be done more.

Moe certainly likes metal bars though. Seeing one won't stop her from grinding rails, this ain't skateboarding or Sonic the Hedgehog grinding either! Tables are also her victims as well.

Camera angles seem to give us enhanced vision on her assets, even the extra little details on her pantyhose for maximum fetish pleasure. She really can't stop grinding these fucking poles, she's a cougar for poles, stop grinding them, kids TOUCH THOSE. You never know if one of them is allergic to pussy! DON'T GRIND RAILS, DON'T- DON'T DON'T GRIND RAILS, OR YOU'LL END UP IN JAIL!

Oh well, a foot punishes her for her deeds. And She keeps touching herself. This is going places.

CorvoSol

Utena 24

Let's read a kid's diary! That isn't an emotionally scarring event that will traumatize him for like, ever. Nope. I definitely cannot see from personal history how this could make someone have a chip on their shoulder for years and years and years afterward!

FUCK YOU UTENA.

Elephants from Hell. Wait, didn't the snail thing happen before the Elephant thing? Why are there elephants outside of Utena's place, then? What the hell, man. What the hell.

You've been reading the kid's thoughts and feelings out loud for fourteen minutes and NOW you begin to feel bad about this, Utena? Utena Tenjou is a terrible friend.

Nanami episode gonna Nanami Episode.

cajunator

Banned
Utena 24

Let's read a kid's diary! That isn't an emotionally scarring event that will traumatize him for like, ever. Nope. I definitely cannot see from personal history how this could make someone have a chip on their shoulder for years and years and years afterward!

FUCK YOU UTENA.

Elephants from Hell. Wait, didn't the snail thing happen before the Elephant thing? Why are there elephants outside of Utena's place, then? What the hell, man. What the hell.

You've been reading the kid's thoughts and feelings out loud for fourteen minutes and NOW you begin to feel bad about this, Utena? Utena Tenjou is a terrible friend.

Nanami episode gonna Nanami Episode.

I do enjoy reading these impressions. Its about to get even better too.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I suppose people (aka pixiv artists) have had their way, so to speak, with Armin.
Seems pretty low rate.

Oreimo 13
Bad End. I really disliked this episode. Flashback episodes that revolve around a single character are usually a disaster, and this is no different. By treading back to the start of everything Oreimo tries to wrap a nice bow around Kirino as a character, but simplifying a character in one swift take leaves them feeling particularly one dimensional and boring.

The other thing about flashbacks is that the viewer is aware of the outcome already. Without any wrinkles the story here plays out in a very flat manner, and nothing of interest or merit really occurs.

G-Taste 2

I actually watched this the other night, but I'm rewatching it for a bit more understanding.

So here we have this girl applying for maid job (btw fetish of the episode, along with a bit of S and M play, and YURI, the main reason why I wanted to watch this....and dogs), the maid costumes are very lewd, and doesn't really cover their bottoms well, if at all. The need to change even your underwear to fit the costume properly drives this an extra mile. But during the dress up, we see newcomer maid blushing as veteran maid is helping her adjust her new clothing, as far as adjusting her galterbelt for her.

Unfortunately, a door was opened, and both of them were punished. Vetern Maid basically having the heel of the boot... in her, to the point that we find out she "really likes" shoes, to the point of having her put her feet together to pleasure herself. But they at least experience the pleasure of love between two women.... and then the dog happened... this... is really going places.

iavi

Valverave 5-6

For you For You For happiness. I actually LOVE the social media bit this show has in it. I get hyped every time they bust out the Facebook.

wonzo

Banned
Muromi 13 END

muromi13.jpg

This was a pretty nice way to end this series and I'll be pretty bummed out if this doesn't get a second season, which means that it most likely won't. :(

• AnoNatsu 09
0MuiQ4a.png

FLASHBACK EPISODE

...Remon to save the day awwww yeah.

Love triangle coming to a climax here. Or uh, love pentagon??

KISS = NANOMACHINES

Kojima am cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom