• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Hentai Ouji - 12 FIN

I am gonna miss this show and the heart attacks.

Every fucking week it delivered.

I will watch the OP weekly forever.

Theonik

Will do.

================================

Star Jewel (OVA)

Take your typical plot of darkness vs light, throw in some
futanari
and some
sexualized power ranger costumes
and you have yourself Star Jewel, an OVA where the heroes of light battle against the angels of darkness who
use their penises on innocent women to steal their purity crystals that reside inside them (via climaxing)

Yeah, I'm not kidding.

It feels weird trying to give a somewhat serious review to this type of anime, so I'll just let my score do the talking.

http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=83803&dateline=1371961482http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=83803&dateline=1371961482http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=83803&dateline=1371961482http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=83803&dateline=1371961482http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=83803&dateline=1371961482http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=83803&dateline=1371961482 out of 5

The extra point is intentional.
Will watch this later.

Saturday nights should be official hentai review night.
I second this motion.

@DTL: Please ship RyougaSaotome & CorvoSol next time you're called to action. tia

I thought he was a girl after he was first revealed, it wasn't until Rita called him a boy that I found out.

I mean look at this:

http://i.imgur.com/PU6p5OL.gif

THATS A GIRL
GOD
IS
DEAD

Quasar

Oreimo 2.13 - well after the disaster last week, I'm not sure what I expected out of 13, but certainly not this. I have to say I kind of liked it, or at least the idea of it. Seeing I guess the root of the relationship and well it reminded me a bit of what I liked about the early episodes.

Hentai Ouji - 12 - a rather bittersweet end for such a crazy show.

G-Taste 3

BALL GAGS AND STRAP ONS! Think this will be the last one for tonight, and we'll try to polish this off tomorrow night, and maybe cover Mezzo Forte, which has more plot and fewer sex scenes (like one per episode) but it's rather well animated and doesn't rely too much on recycled animation.

Anyway, the REAL Master is coming to visit, so all the maids learn the ways of the strap ons to be the destined pick. Also newcomer can't stop with the god damn dog. Jeez.

Anyway, it turns into a little yuri fest, with the Real master punishing the "fake" master, which made everyone pleasure her instead. The Real Master removes the mask, revealing to be a woman... I don't know how removing the mask basically removes the rest of your clothing, but yeah, she's a woman. And then the yuri fest continues, ending this little arc.

Now then, Guess I can start Vento Aureo since I just finished Diamond is Unbreakable.

Man I'm so behind on last seasons anime. I've got like 20 episodes to watch and no time. Any spare time is now TLoU time. Thankfully all the good animes this season start next week.

• AnoNatsu X
0UgtKTX.png

MORE FLASHBACKS

You know, Tetsuro-Seliph-san, you're a flippin idiot. You've got this adorable nudist chick who's totally got this pure love for you and you're trying to get some girl on the rebound. You horrible, horrible person. School Days all over again.

oh my gosh this is just so cute romance i'm going to explode----
EHUHUHU HOLY SHOOT REMON!! <3 <3

Really, screw you Tetsuro. Screwwwww you. You deserve that welt. I'm so glad we can just forget about him and go back to all that matters, adorable relationship fluffiness.

SCREW YOU TETSURO REALLY JUST GO AWAY. Kanna.... PAWNCH!!--- wait don't just "baka" him, PUNCH him!!

and now victory. Sweet, sweet victory. Our adorable nudist knows exactly when she's needed. And now third wheel is resolved. Now we can move on to better things. :) :) :) ehuhuhu

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom S2 3

kingdoms23.jpg

aizen aint got shit on this, goddamn

Damn son, you could almost smell the passive aggressiveness of everyone in the Bankquet Celebration of the newly formed alliance. Hell, Xin and a handful of others made their hatred of the Zhao and Li Mu well known to pretty much everyone.
It was nice to see that Zheng was acting the fool by staying out of things to let him shore up his power in the shadows for the upcoming mother of all political shitfits with Lu Buwei as I was kinda worried that m,aybe he really had been driven out of everything.
Looks like a new war's starting with one of the minor states next episode so maybe there'll be some "amazing" CG alongside the well animated suff seen in the PV!!!

I also noticed in the ED that they'll touch upon Zheng's backstory which was something they cut alongside the palace girls & the
assassination plotline
(they still covered qiang lei's backstory though) from the manga so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that animated.

• The Romance Is Beautiful But Now In-Laws Are Involved 11
DfUd8gQ.png

This is why you don't set up for long-distance relationships, kid.

Oh come on Kanna we already resolved your love issues. You don't need to bring them up ever again. Please.

I dunno, something about this whole situation feels kinda contrived. Things were getting good really fast and this is such a buzzkill.

HECK. YES. REMON. Do something to save this show!

Man, all of these supporting characters are real crap. I like barely care about any of them.

Wait, and now they're going to SABOTAGE?!? Yeah they all absolutely suck. ...now remon again ehuhuhu

OH MY GOSH REMON IS JUST THE BEST CHARACTER EVER.

ZDEhtfS.png

3 hours by train? What, does it go around the perimeter of the prefecture twice or something?

cnet128

Banned
cajun shared this OP with me on twitter, and I'm sharing it in the selfish hope that I'm not the only one who gets freaked the fuck out at a certain point.

I was too busy listening to dat Ito Masumi to really pay attention to things, and then halfway through it hits me that
SHE'S THE SIZE OF AN ACTUAL CAT?!?!? WHAAAAAAT

Mmmmmmmmm delicious Masumi Ito.

(And yes, the reveal moment did make me do a slight double-take, even though I was going in expecting something unusual. Also this looks adorable and I kind of want to watch it.)

EDIT:

Oh come on Kanna we already resolved your love issues. You don't need to bring them up ever again. Please.

What's that? You have no heart? Oh, okay.

OH MY GOSH REMON IS JUST THE BEST CHARACTER EVER.

In a show where Kanna exists it is impossible for this to be true.

G-Taste 4

JESUS FUCKING FLAT ASSES! that's what this professor have. I'm surprised the dudes she's teaching thinks she's pure. She's masturbating IN CLASS IN FRONT OF YOU! SHE'S EVEN THINKING OF YOU AS SHE DOES THIS, SHE WANTS THE D GUYS! SHE WANTS THE MONKEY D LUFFY! She's just getting dick outlines instead.

Jesus christ the animation really goes down over time. The first episode practically had sakuga rail grinding with sakuga pleasure faces in comparison (animation was actually pretty decent), we went from flat asses to making me think we suddenly have BBWs in Hentai.... I DON'T EVEN RECALL THE LAST TIME I SAW A BBW IN HENTAI! The only consistent thing is her breasts. Jesus.

Anyway, the School nurse has a plan to fix this, from hi-tech prowess of using stimulators, to using Chinese water torture to bring out pleasure. She resorts to her original technique, which quite frankly isn't original, because who doesn't lick nipples? Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Thoraxes

Ichika's blandness automatically qualifies her as the lowest tier. And for some reason I thought you liked Kanna, maybe I just got the misconception because you liked to compare characters to her.

There's only few privy enough to be members of the premier Kanna Club.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ichika's blandness automatically qualifies her as the lowest tier. And for some reason I thought you liked Kanna, maybe I just got the misconception because you liked to compare characters to her.
To be Kanna'ed is a pejorative for doomed friendzone girl.

Ichika is the best though. Gotta love glasses clacking. :)

Quasar

A related topic that I imagine there are experienced folks around for.

I've recently ripped some anime BluRay and am trying to compress them a bit with handbrake and I'm having trouble finding settings that work well. I'm finding the settings that I've tried introduce jaggies into the lineart in the animation. So I'm wondering what settings people who do this kind of thing use. The settings I had been using was pretty basic High Profile RF20 setting. Is it simply a matter of compressing less raising the RF? or are there advanced settings I should be tweaking?

• Ano Natsu de Matteru 12 - END
Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is wing'd Cupid painted blind.

A Midsummer Night's Dream - Act I.iii​

First off, seriously, holy crap Remon is way too hardcore for this show. She ended up being my favorite character, although I totally called it from the very beginning of the show. So many good moments with her, and she always managed to show up at the perfect times for me to remember why I liked this series lol

Holy shoot
there really were Men In Black the entire time!!!!!! and oh my gosh their base is straight up ripped off from the movie.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I mean ehuhuhu

So uh, I know this series is connected to some previous "I'm in love with my teacher" thing with an alien person, and it's making some pretty overt references to it now. Is that worth watching?
OXgcpbS.png

Oh hey Clannad floating lights. Except they make even less sense here.

So here's the thing about AnoNatsu. I enjoyed it a good amount, decent characters and probably one of the better straight up romances I've seen in these romcom animes, and it was pretty clear that the two were madly in love at first sight and whatever. The problem was, it pretty much made the auxiliary characters (save Remon) a little pointless and somewhat... useless? to the story. It was nice having other people involved, but I think I would have really preferred to just have had things focusing ONLY on the main couple's romance. Maybe could have had a lot more time with those two together that way.

The art design and animation was pretty decent, and was actually pretty great for the 1-3 surprising action scenes that happened in the entire show. The music... was kind of forgettable. But oh well. You can't have everything. The ending felt a lot like Toradora's ending, with this sort of... story is just beginning feeling.

AnoNatsu receives a score of
2 Sword Art Onlines
or
0.8 Toradoras

Edit: Oh I didn't put up a girl ranking. How silly of me.
Remon >>>>>>>>>> Everyone else
ehuhuhuhu

The Severing Crime Edge 13 (end)

Down with Flowers of Evil as the worst anime of the season. Unfortunately, the only thing Crime Edge had going for it was action scenes though they were usually washed out with some bland single color filter that felt odd at times as we'd jump from a normal scene to a green scene to a normal scene in mere seconds and back sometimes. I wonder why they put forth more effort into the fight scenes but then had everything else just fall to the wayside and feel like little concern was given for it. Though its probably the case of weak source material (which in my opinion didnt seem like an anime that people even wanted made). Ending was not good as well
inconclusive and the two more order mades are out there -- the journey is just beginning
. 4/10, its terrible that this anime is even licensed by sentai.

cajunator

Banned
A related topic that I imagine there are experienced folks around for.

I've recently ripped some anime BluRay and am trying to compress them a bit with handbrake and I'm having trouble finding settings that work well. I'm finding the settings that I've tried introduce jaggies into the lineart in the animation. So I'm wondering what settings people who do this kind of thing use. The settings I had been using was pretty basic High Profile RF20 setting. Is it simply a matter of compressing less raising the RF? or are there advanced settings I should be tweaking?

I wanna try this when I have a bluray player in my new computer.
I need a new computer because my computer is so broken, when it tries to shut down after crashing it crashes and ends up going back to windows and giving up and functions normally. IT CANT EVEN CRASH RIGHT.

DROPPED

HxH 86

Killua is pretty stylish, loved his outfit. He ought to share some with Gon instead of always sporting those green shorts (which art bad but change is always good). The episode was a blast and just back to what really makes hxh fun and entertaining.

Shiapouf is amazing and needs tons of screentime. I want more ants with such good design there.

It has to be impossible for Netero and crew to be weaker than Neferpitou and co. They have years of experience while the ants just have what, a few weeks. Additionally isnt he like the strongest nen user in the world, he is chairman afterall. Ill just imagine he was being humble and modest about his own strenght in front of his peers.

Slayers TRY 26

I cannot believe that Sylphiel was not present for an entire season. I'm like, legitimately impressed by that, and by the fact that this season's finale did not also take place in Sairaag for the sake of shoehorning Sylphiel in again.

That said, while not the best show ever, and not the best season, this season does end in a fairly satisfying way.
The evil is defeated, Gourry gives up his sword, meaning there is basically no means for Lina to dodge the fact that she and Gourry are together for reasons not related to that Sword of Light, Zel goes off on his own to find a cure which basically doesn't exist, Amelia gets sucked back into politics, and Xellos goes back to being a mid level manager in Hell Inc.

Oh, and Filia opens up a shop selling maces and urns.
You're quite right , no sylphiel is an achievement .
I feel like TRY had the best and worst filler episodes out there. with good points to the justice village and bad to the theme park .

TRY actually has a good end ..but you should want more .... ARE YOU READY FOR Salyers Revolution ?

I don't understand why we have mana on the picture + cure Love ... and why is there a dog there?

cajunator

Banned
You're quite right , no sylphiel is an achievement .
I feel like TRY had the best and worst filler episodes out there. with good points to the justice village and bad to the theme park .

TRY actually has a good end ..but you should want more .... ARE YOU READY FOR Salyers Revolution ?

I don't understand why we have mana on the picture + cure Love ... and why is there a dog there?

Maybe the dog is Regina. lol.

/XX/

You know, the TIE Defender had shields but I actually have no idea how they balanced the TIE Fighter. In the movies, it's basically one hit and you're dead.
Comparatively lower profile and higher-speed than standard X-Wing... that and solely using the TIE Advanced or the robust 'Star Wing' for online matches, only those nuts or wanting to suffer (or exceptional players) used the bulk, mass-produced fodder TIEs.

Seriously, guys... does anyone know when it was changed to regional blocking for their CM videos? As I mentioned, you could see them from their channel and official website without problems!

What an exciting trailer, that was well worth sitting through a terrible variety show and the last episode of Gurren Lagann (a show I dropped after one epiosde) for :(
Man, I got what I actually wanted from it! But you sitting through all that sure wasn't worth it, man... was going to be available online shortly after!

But the background art and chara designs are great, so hype, even with only 3 seconds of footage
Yeah. Seeing the direction pans, effects overlays and animated bits over what I first thought from previous images were image-boards and possibly not backgrounds is a very cool realization to have!

I didn't like the colouring of the characters in the Kill la Kill PV :(
I hope you deliver, Imaishi!
Looks like Kittan Zero's.
I think it looks less saturated and more processed than KITTAN ZERO. I don't personally have a problem with that though.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I tend to separate everything into two when watching the show. There's the plot, which is about Utena and this Rose Bride Dueling bidness, and then there's all that symbolic nonsense which I shrug away. It's how I got through my first time watching Evangelion, and how I'll get through this.
You can enjoy Utena without ever looking at it past the superficial level, but this is not Evangelion where the imagery is for the most part meaningless.

Also if you do this the movie is gonna be utterly incomprehensible.
Utena 24

Let's read a kid's diary! That isn't an emotionally scarring event that will traumatize him for like, ever. Nope. I definitely cannot see from personal history how this could make someone have a chip on their shoulder for years and years and years afterward!

FUCK YOU UTENA.

Elephants from Hell. Wait, didn't the snail thing happen before the Elephant thing? Why are there elephants outside of Utena's place, then? What the hell, man. What the hell.

You've been reading the kid's thoughts and feelings out loud for fourteen minutes and NOW you begin to feel bad about this, Utena? Utena Tenjou is a terrible friend.

Nanami episode gonna Nanami Episode.
Surprisingly a lot of insight in here, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom