• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
As much as I like that particular character, that is pretty bad. It's unfortunate, but outside of Wandering Son I can't think of many anime that have positive portrayals of trans characters. Isabella from Paradise Kiss comes to mind, though.

Shangri La has an interesting take on it. It has TWO characters. Both of them are characters very important to the series.

I hate to harp on about this but the main villain
completely forgot why he was doing what he was doing and jesus christ I've gone crosseyed again

This is around when I basically washed my hands of SAO.

6c2eacaa99b9a054e24bctprqq.jpg

wafuu

He has antennae on his butt..

Threads like that remind me of why I went with an anime avatar that couldn't be totally recognized as an anime avatar.

Threads like that are why I will always have an avatar that is as blatantly anime as possible.

cajunator

Banned
manga rap cars

I watched the first 3 episodes of Madoka. Probably will binge it all this weekend depending on the weather.

Japan needs to relax their immigration laws and actually let some other culture permeate. they tend to stereotype a LOT.
But they are only going with what they see in media probably.

how many movies are there, I heard there was another one coming out...

All done by SHAFT?

Movie three is all new stuff and highly controversial. the other two you can skip.

Sounds like standard fare.

I have a few shows on my CR queue, which of these should I forget about?

Log Horizon (Only managed to watch 3 episodes)
The Idol Master
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions
White Album
White Album 2
Kokoro Connect
Sengoku Collection
Anon Natsu de Matteru
Love Live!

none of these except White album 1 apparently.
The others are worthy!

Childhood friend loses.

EVERY DAMN TIME!

Well not EVERY time. Ai Yori Aoshi kinda turned that on its head. But that was basically preordained anyway.

My Mental Choices Are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy OVA

Well worth watching, this time Kanade has to go into a galge world (by the Absolute choice) and get an ending, only the Absolute choice curse interferes with the games answers and givs him bad choices. It ends with a
School Days
reference haha.

Is this the show with the cutie white haired girl and Chocolat?

You're all crazy, best girl got first dibs as a nendoroid. That's how you can tell she is best girl.

Onodera is the best ^^

Chariot

Japan needs to relax their immigration laws and actually let some other culture permeate. they tend to stereotype a LOT.
But they are only going with what they see in media probably.
I dunno if that helps. The west is by no means free of stereotypes, even offensive ones. Especially with the asian ones sometimes something dies inside of me.

Almost forgot, some minor AX14 stuff:
tumblr_mx2y80kfZI1rktdaso1_500.png

At first I thought VR would be cool but then I realised something. People will actually lose their lives to it. It may go beyond addiction to something that some may want to substitute with reality. Imagine if the AAA gaming devs (especially some of the Japanese ones) got their hands on it......well they probably have with Morpheus and Oculus.

There needs to be a new kind of warning on these machines.

cajunator

Banned
I dunno if that helps. The west is by no means free of stereotypes, even offensive ones. Especially with the asian ones sometimes something dies inside of me.

Its a big problem everywhere but in Japan I think sometimes they arent even aware of it offending people.

Chariot

get me an asian female in a lead role that isn't lucy liu

let's do it
Maggie Q?
Its a big problem everywhere but in Japan I think sometimes they arent even aware of it offending people.
That much might be true, but so aren't western works. Could just be, that I am oversensitive again, because I look pretty asian, but I am getting easily irritated with these asian stereotypes.

At first I thought VR would be cool but then I realised something. People will actually lose their lives to it. It may go beyond addiction to something that some may want to substitute with reality. Imagine if the AAA gaming devs (especially some of the Japanese ones) got their hands on it......well they probably have with Morpheus and Oculus.

There needs to be a new kind of warning on these machines.
This reminds me of a situation in a book I read that a future in which humanity is basically almost extinct because almost everyone is hooked up in these massive VR pods in pyramids that allow them to experience any reality they wish while it maintains their vitals.

Kurumi's dub voice = sort of want. At the very least, it doesn't make me want to curl up into the fetal position, which is an achievement in itself.

I require proof of the falsity of rule 3 for it appears to be the most sound rule of them all.

xHO3qKv.png

Shizuku from Omamori Himari.

Thats not so bad. A lot of people legitimately get injured at work.
I'm just kidding. The overwhelming majority of the people I deal with are genuine.

cajunator

Banned
Kurumi's dub voice = sort of want. At the very least, it doesn't make me want to curl up into the fetal position, which is an achievement in itself.

xHO3qKv.png

Shizuku from Omamori Himari.

I'm just kidding. The overwhelming majority of the people I deal with are genuine.

Not all lawyers are bad. Some like Kurumi.

Jintor

Cowboy the Bebop 11 - "Toys in the Attic"

Probably on rewatch one of the best episodes of Bebop all-up, even if it doesn't really develop any character so much as play off established ones. A really great sense of tension, fantastic presentation, some wonderful POV 'alien' stuff and four lessons which really do teach you something useful in life. Is there anything more you can ask for?

Momo Kyun Sword 01

I say with not a lick of shame I enjoyed this completely for all the reasons the animators wanted me to enjoy it and I will watch the entire series. I'm not gonna pretend as if I dislike all shows of this nature because sometimes one comes around that I find enjoyable.

Fate/Zero ep. 13

Not really much of a season finale. Glad I'm watching now instead of having to had waited for the second season to air.

Haikyu - Episode 14

I like these quieter episodes between games. It's definitely important in terms of character development and just measuring the pace of the show instead of having full on shonen power stuff all the time. Also, this is probably the first episode in the entire show where a female character has managed to hold a conversation which indicates in any way whatsoever that she isn't just some window dressing. There also surprisingly wasn't any weird male gaze framing of the scene either. Lol.

Hope we actually get the new OP/ED in the next episode. I guess it wasn't finished in time for this episode? Or maybe they just wanted something a bit different to close off the first half the season.

The femChars in the series have memorable roles, one of the good minor aspects to the series.

So Terra Formars can come off as racist? Is it just like the whole aldnoah zero Martians and earthlings deal? I know nothing about the source just what has been said here so far.

Edit: after looking at the figure more I think know now.

I thought the only racist claims come from the human characters from different nations in the world politicaoly battling over their countries dominance and right to the resources of the annex and mars and medicine. After the first half of the series the mars roach killing stuff got old making human v human stuff more interesting.

Jarmel

Banned
Staff list got posted on AS but never saw it listed here.

forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=5174510&postcount=12 said:
Staff & Cast announced : http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-25212.html

Chief Director/ Series composition: Masahiko Otsuka (TTGL movie: Lagann-hen)
director : Masanori Takahashi
Chara design : Satoshi Yamaguchi

Cast:

-Ando Jurai : Nobuhiko Okamoto
-Kanzaki Tomoyo: Yamazaki Haruka
-Himeki Chifuyu : Yamashita, Nanami
-Kushikawa Hatoko : Hayami, Saori
-Takanashi Sayumi : Taneda, Risa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom